Mikhov

Otto Porter Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

Per game vs total value according to BBM standard H2H 9 cat:

2019/20:  143 and 161

2018/19: 39 and 101

2017/18:  20 and 15

2016/17: 22 and 14

Otto will have to step up big time to produce top 50 value for the season. Considering  who is the coach and the organization I don't see it happening this year. 

That is why I traded Otto for "unrosterable" PJ Washington 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Per game vs total value according to BBM standard H2H 9 cat:

2019/20:  143 and 161

2018/19: 39 and 101

2017/18:  20 and 15

2016/17: 22 and 14

Otto will have to step up big time to produce top 50 value for the season. Considering  who is the coach and the organization I don't see it happening this year. 

That is why I traded Otto for "unrosterable" PJ Washington 😁

There’s a difference between averaging enough to be top 50 at the end of the year vs. averaging top 50 once he returns.

I think most owners at this point has no choice (and would be very happy) to settle on the latter. If this means he ends up averaging top 73 or whatever then it’s still fine.

how many month is he going to be out?

Coach Jim Boylen said Otto Porter (foot) will have a "slow, meticulous" process to recover from his injury.

This isn't a surprise at all after the Bulls said they were going to be cautious with Porter even before he was injured. He has no timetable to return and is expected to miss multiple games going forward. It'll be a team effort with Chandler Hutchison starting while Kris Dunn and Coby White get more minutes, too.

Bulls might as well rule him out for the season. He’s clearly injured and Bulls aren’t competing 

Coach Jim Boylen said Otto Porter (foot) will have a "slow, meticulous" process to recover from his injury.

This isn't a surprise at all after the Bulls said they were going to be cautious with Porter even before he was injured. He has no timetable to return and is expected to miss multiple games going forward. It'll be a team effort with Chandler Hutchison starting while Kris Dunn and Coby White get more minutes, too.

So... Time to drop in 12T H2H without IR?

Edited by citizenerased

Boylen followed that quote up saying he would be missing weeks rather than months 

So there’s that I guess 

If he wasn’t a headache to own before this now it’s gonna be way worse bc they’re gonna maintenance him crazy  

Did anyone drop? my bench slots are taking up by OPJ, Ayton & Collins with both Lowry and Curry on both my IL slots......😢

21 minutes ago, Lob City99 said:

Did anyone drop? my bench slots are taking up by OPJ, Ayton & Collins with both Lowry and Curry on both my IL slots......😢

Wow im sorry. If you cant trade, have to drop with 2 IL and 2 dead roster spots or else you won’t even make the playoffs. Id try to package Otto with one of Ayton/Collins for a healthy and playing player right now.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Aloon33 said:

Bulls might as well rule him out for the season. He’s clearly injured and Bulls aren’t competing 

Yeah that's not how the NBA works. We're 3 weeks in to a 23 week reg season lol

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Yeah that's not how the NBA works. We're 3 weeks in to a 23 week reg season lol

[Wojnarowski] Sources confirm Otto Porter Jr has been forced into retirement by angry fantasy players. Porter had tomatoes thrown at him when arriving at almost every airport in America. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

He was dropped. Not even worth it.

If you’re in a 12 you scoop that my g 

1 minute ago, Flamez said:

If you’re in a 12 you scoop that my g 

Even with Lowry + Middleton out and only 1 IL?  Thats a toughie.

7 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

Even with Lowry + Middleton out and only 1 IL?  Thats a toughie.

Damnnnnn, that is a toughie. If the rest of your team is solid enough and you’ve created an ok margin size of a lead where if you fall back a little these next couple weeks it won’t kill you, I’d add. He was just starting to get into rhythm the prior games before he got injured and that first quarter he was having v Atlanta ... if he didn’t get injured and continued that night this forum would’ve erupted w soooo many “HES BACK” comments. He’s always had fantasy friendly game and bulls are buttcheeks so they’re gonna need him and they’ll realize that soon enough. Sorry for the little rant but ya dudes dope and when he’s healthy he produces. 

I think OPJ accidentally gets murdered by Bolyen in a feud and his dead body was disposed by Boylen somewhere in Chicago countryside. Nobody saw OPJ anymore since that day and Boylen just kept lying to the press that he is still having soreness no timetable yada yada. 

I mean, did anybody see OPJ again since Nov 9? 

Edited by csklmf
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flamez said:

Damnnnnn, that is a toughie. If the rest of your team is solid enough and you’ve created an ok margin size of a lead where if you fall back a little these next couple weeks it won’t kill you, I’d add. He was just starting to get into rhythm the prior games before he got injured and that first quarter he was having v Atlanta ... if he didn’t get injured and continued that night this forum would’ve erupted w soooo many “HES BACK” comments. He’s always had fantasy friendly game and bulls are buttcheeks so they’re gonna need him and they’ll realize that soon enough. Sorry for the little rant but ya dudes dope and when he’s healthy he produces. 

You convinced me. Picked him up and dropped chris boucher.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stickman786 said:

You convinced me. Picked him up and dropped chris boucher.

Hell ya good I’m glad. I remember right at the beginning of the season when I heard all the news about “limiting his minutes” and “taking precaution with Otto” I knew he was coming into the season extremely banged up, which is why he looked so fukin slow running up and down the court. This injury is the greatest thing that could’ve ever happened to Otto, it’s gonna finally give him a couple weeks to let things heal and feel normal. This whole forum is gonna be right back on his tip mid December and ultimately this little bs injury is the reason why ppl like you and me are able to roster him this season bc dickheads have no patience and just drop at the first sign of worry 

Edited by Flamez
  • Like 1

No idea what i'm gonna do with this guy with no timetable. Can't trade because no one will give me anything close to good value plus if they look at my roster they would rather wait to see if I drop him....ughhhh

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SicarioSanity said:

Anyone dropping in a 14 team or deeper leagues without IR? The lack of a timetable is infuriating. 

No

• Haha 1

In 12 teamers and up gotta hold nothing more ya can do, so there's only one thing to take the edge off as we wait......

to all my fellow OPJ owners ........

Image result for pass joint.gif

Edited by kmoore1521

I'm considering the drop, but I'll hold for the moment. Although, dropping Jusuf seems enticing if not reactionary. 

34 minutes ago, deathrazor said:

dropped for Favors

Thanks for the update, keep us informed on your next move.

• Haha 5