Mikhov

Otto Porter Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

Does he really provide anything? He sucked at the beginning of the year as well...

Don’t know if I should stash another injured player, already have Nurkic as a long time injury guy on my IR, together with Bryant (ok he is coming back soon) and Ayton (hopefully also coming back, finally) I feel like a big Lazarett lol

i am 9-1 after this week so I could afford it and already plan for the playoffs, but don’t know if he is worth it

Edited by KB24MVP

He was my keeper in 16 teams league. Now I am sure that I will drop him. I have Irving and struggling Myles Turner, so I need to drop him to make playoffs. I hate to drop keeper, but simply it's hard to wait 6 more weeks. Also I already have secured keepers for next season (Irving, Hayward, Isaac, Beal), so I don't need to wait Otto anymore. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

According to Shams, he is targeting a return around the all-star break! Time to stash

This doesn't sound good to be honest. This is too many games missed and i suppose when he comes back he will be babied.

10 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

This doesn't sound good to be honest. This is too many games missed and i suppose when he comes back he will be babied.

thats my concern too. It would be different if Chicago is really fighting for a playoff spot, they are only 2 games behind right now. But if that changes they might even shut him down for the rest of the year

27 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

If you have an IL spot and a healthy team there is no risk to stash. He is a key member of their team and he needs to play to regain confidence and build chemistry. This sut down non sense needs to stop. At this rate the second half of the season will be all G league players

Boylen was already managing Otto’s minutes to around 30 mpg this season and also said back to back's would be approached on a case by case basis

And that was w him being healthy 

I can only imagine what kinda of restrictions he would have coming off injury

Especially if the Bulls are out of the playoff picture as others have noted 

21 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

If you have an IL spot and a healthy team there is no risk to stash. He is a key member of their team and he needs to play to regain confidence and build chemistry. This sut down non sense needs to stop. At this rate the second half of the season will be all G league players

For Otto it is not nonsense it is fact that there is this chance. He has never been healthy as long as he is wearing this jersey.

He was paying his best ball the week he got hurt 

Worth a gamble if u have an IR open but keep in mind the bulls have a terrible playoff schedule 

They go 3-3-3

• Like 2

When do u guys think is a good time to stash him?He’s suppose to be back by 2/6 my playoffs start early which is the last week of feb.Is he worth picking up?

In my points league he didn't produce well before the injury, but I guess once he is healthy he should get to his very fantasyfriendly game from the years before. If Chicago is still in the hunt for a Playoff spot by the time he comes back they will need him!

5 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Great.  He'll continue picking his butt and playing Playstation.  Rumor is he's also picking up knitting to combat the freezing Chicago winds. 

Edit:  Wait I totally missed the part about him partying LOL.  Boring game on the court, enjoying life off it. 

Edited by vnmslsrbms
Additional reading done.

Luckily my players came back from injuries, so I was able to scoop him. I had two IR available, so since I was using two for streaming I wouldn't mind converting him to a must keep position later on. 

You guys still stashing? I’m wondering if to pick him up now since reports said he will return around all star break. Should get a decent sized role I’d imagine, not like there is a lot of competition there.

I’m really iffy on him as a stash mainly because he was babied before the injury and most likely he’ll be babied even harder once he comes back. Not to mention Chicago’s crap PO sched.

No update from me here, just wanted to call this Lionel Richie looking mofo a bitch for wasting one of my top pics. Stashing. 

Kind of hoping he comes back strong and then I can trade him before the playoffs due to their schedule and potential rest. 

I still have him on my IL but as soon as there is any other guy injured I will drop him. Nurkic has way more upside for stashing imo

28 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

I still have him on my IL but as soon as there is any other guy injured I will drop him. Nurkic has way more upside for stashing imo

Nurkic has Whiteside there, Porter has nobody blocking him if healthy, dont see how Nurkic would have more upside in a timeshare, let alone "way more"

Edited by kmoore1521

3 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Nurkic has Whiteside there, Porter has nobody blocking him if healthy, dont see how Nurkic would have more upside in a timeshare, let alone "way more"

Nurkic had a freak injury. He is a massive upgrade on that pylon whiteside plus they will trade whiteside when Nurk returns and they still have Collins. OPJ was poor even before he got hurt. Lost year for him and the Bulls. Portland still thinks it can make the playoffs so the upside is higher for Nurk

4 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Whiteside sucks, he is a great Fantasy player but in real life he plays like no Defense at all and Portland is losing games with him. Nurkic was one of the reasons why the were so good last year. And Nurk can do big damage fantasywise in just 25min/game. Plus there is still the chance that Whiteside gets moved by the trade deadline since he is one of the biggest trade candidates all year with his expiring contract.

• Like 1