Mikhov

Otto Porter Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

In H2H certainly in TOP50. Should be drafted in 4th round, but end of 3rd is also not a reach.

Edited by apatas
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 8:54 PM, perkinsfor3 said:

Why didn't you invite the donkeys, penguins and chimps from those other leagues?

I've never played against penguins.  Mammals only.  I did know an aussie shepherd who achieved platinum status in yahoo fantasy once. But she admitted to me she was merely clicking buttons for treats.

• Haha 3

I like what I’ve seen this far.  His usage is pushing him from a metrics guy to a bonafide second star.  17/6/3 with 2.5 threes, 1.5 steals, .5 blocks may be the low end of his range.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I like what I’ve seen this far.  His usage is pushing him from a metrics guy to a bonafide second star.  17/6/3 with 2.5 threes, 1.5 steals, .5 blocks may be the low end of his range.  

Touche. He slid in my draft and I was able to get him at pick 66. Superb fit in my punt assists team, or any punt build that values %s.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SicarioSanity said:

Touche. He slid in my draft and I was able to get him at pick 66. Superb fit in my punt assists team, or any punt build that values %s.

66?  Holy s---.  I thought I did great getting him in the 40s in two leagues.  I think he’s prime for a career year and he’s been top 30 consistently.  Could threaten top 25.

• Like 1

Bulls have the worst playoff schedule at 3/3/3 so if we can flip him for similar value later on, I wouldn’t hesitate. Roto Im hanging on to him.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 9:18 AM, boytoy said:

Bulls have the worst playoff schedule at 3/3/3 so if we can flip him for similar value later on, I wouldn’t hesitate. Roto Im hanging on to him.

Depends on your league. This year Yahoo is allowing you to do a 6 team playoff schedule for weeks 20-21-22 (ending March 22), and in this case Chicago's playoff schedule is a strong 4-4-3.

He is pretty much ignored in most of the drafts i did. Getting him anywhere around the 50th pick is a steal.

Apparently 30min will be his limit, and will be rested for back to backs on a per need basis. Boylen says load management in place. I'm sorry.
How much of a hit will this be to his value?

Edited by Twizman

1 minute ago, Twizman said:

Apparently 30min will be his limit, and will be rested for back to backs on a per need basis. Boylen says load management in place. I'm sorry.

Where does it say rested back to back on per need basis?

2 minutes ago, Twizman said:

Apparently 30min will be his limit, and back to backs on per need basic. Boylen says load management in place. I'm sorry.

He's going from 32-33 min to 30. I think what is happening with basketball and playing time per game is similar to what started ten years ago in NFL with running backs. The love is getting spread around a lot more. I think this mitigates somewhat the effect of lost playing time... because most other players are losing playing time. Just look at the MPG leaders 10-20 yrs ago compared to today.

TL:DR lots of people losing playing time, don't sweat Otto.

• Like 2

Was expecting a bit more than this...

Usage, minutes and feel of this team.. not looking great so far. There are a lot of black holes on this Bulls team, with very little movement. 

• Like 1

I watched this game in full.

Whatever Boylen said about limiting his minutes, looks to be true thus far in the early going. Porter looked fine and the entire offense was a mess outside of Lauri, so I wouldn't read TOO much into it.. but with that said, there are a ton of black holes on offense with this team.

Coby White is an absolute usage monster. His inclusion as a wing on this team isn't great for Porter's value, because then there's less incentive to go small and use Otto as a small ball 4, while the Bulls can just stagger some weird 3 guard rotations with Lavine and White out there with either Dunn/Sato and have Thad as their small ball 4 and Lauri as the 5. Lavine is also another absolute black hole on offense. Both him and White offer up assists of the "I threw it to you with 3 seconds left" variety or the "here, I'll pass you the ball and you made 3 moves to the basket but the scorer's table still gave me the assist" type. They are not gifted passers, and Porter really dominated in Washington when he had two elite level passers in Wall and Beal. 

I'll wait another 3-5 games before making a decision, but this isn't the best situation to be in. 

1 hour ago, Soafanforlife said:

Whatever Boylen said about limiting his minutes, looks to be true thus far in the early going. Porter looked fine and the entire offense was a mess outside of Lauri, so I wouldn't read TOO much into it.. but with that said, there are a ton of black holes on offense with this team.

Coby White is an absolute usage monster. His inclusion as a wing on this team isn't great for Porter's value, because then there's less incentive to go small and use Otto as a small ball 4, while the Bulls can just stagger some weird 3 guard rotations with Lavine and White out there with either Dunn/Sato and have Thad as their small ball 4 and Lauri as the 5. Lavine is also another absolute black hole on offense. Both him and White offer up assists of the "I threw it to you with 3 seconds left" variety or the "here, I'll pass you the ball and you made 3 moves to the basket but the scorer's table still gave me the assist" type. They are not gifted passers, and Porter really dominated in Washington when he had two elite level passers in Wall and Beal. 

I'll wait another 3-5 games before making a decision, but this isn't the best situation to be in. 

Keep Sabonis over Otto?

Worried Otto might be like Danny Green in terms of inconsistency and add to that the injury risk / load management / bad playoffs sched.

On 10/24/2019 at 8:26 PM, Soafanforlife said:

Coby White is an absolute usage monster.

Lavine is also another absolute black hole on offense. Both him and White offer up assists of the "I threw it to you with 3 seconds left" variety or the "here, I'll pass you the ball and you made 3 moves to the basket but the scorer's table still gave me the assist" type.

As a fellow Porter owner, i'm definitely not feeling good about this.

How he is treated in Chicago is even worse than by Scott brooks. Fml wtf? He was okay in preseason though 

I draft Otto for good %'s and and this boi out there building a house with them bricks.

This is not good.

Coby White is an absolutely awful addition to Porter's value. White is a great spark plug for the Bulls, but man is Porter's value in danger. 

Coupled with the Bulls somewhat insane insistence on resting him has to mean the FO knows something we don't. But yikes... Otto might struggle to even be the third option now with White's addition. I'm not liking this at all.