Mikhov

Otto Porter Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

 

He looks hurt imo.  Watched every Bulls game so far, and most of preseason.  Other than maybe a couple stints in preseason he's looked like a guy moving in pain.  The blow to the mouth the other day isn't going to help in the short term.

You gotta hold imo if you drafted him 7-9th rounds and hope in a few weeks he feels and plays better.  You'll get nothing valuable for him right now and he's got more upside than probably anybody available on the waiver in 10 and 12 team leagues.  Maybe 10 teamers have someone better available.

Oh, he’s definitely hurt.  Well I didn’t sell low as I never sell low.  He was a throwin to a Siakam trade and the other was done in the preseason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

 

Damn.  I had him on my "do not draft list" just based on his apparent ongoing hip issues.  4th round!  Wow,  He went for $15 in our auction league, that was 71st overall so about 7th round.  If you got him 4th or 5th as a Bulls fan prayers up to all of us fam.  He's literally the only NBA quality wing in Chicago at the moment.

 

4-5th round in most of my leagues too, I didnt pay attention to league news enough and also thought he was over his hip issues. Before he got injured he was killing it in Chi town last year...

He's been dropped in a few of my 12 teamers. I'd pick him up but stashing doesn't help me win matchups

Edited by mtx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Oh, he’s definitely hurt.  Well I didn’t sell low as I never sell low.  He was a throwin to a Siakam trade and the other was done in the preseason. 

Sorry to derail the topic but what was the Siakam trade? I threw Otto in with Siakam for a Beal package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

 

He looks hurt imo.  Watched every Bulls game so far, and most of preseason.  Other than maybe a couple stints in preseason he's looked like a guy moving in pain.  The blow to the mouth the other day isn't going to help in the short term.

You gotta hold imo if you drafted him 7-9th rounds and hope in a few weeks he feels and plays better.  You'll get nothing valuable for him right now and he's got more upside than probably anybody available on the waiver in 10 and 12 team leagues.  Maybe 10 teamers have someone better available.

 

7-9th round is an absolute steal. I don't envision many money leagues having him dropping past the 5th-6th round. I think 8 teamers might be able to find some good players on the waiver but Otto is a hold and pray for the foreseeable future. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, boytoy said:

Sorry to derail the topic but what was the Siakam trade? I threw Otto in with Siakam for a Beal package.

Stifle, Otto, Adams. Teague for Siakam, LaVine, Gay.  I was in a punt points/FT build and still have Capela and MitchRob as bigs so I’m ok giving up Stifle and Adams.  My reasoning is that I’m dumping all of my distressed assets it one deal.  Adams is literally a net negative atm and maybe with Capela and mitchrob I won’t even have to punt FT.  Otto for Gay seems an even swap, Otto doesn’t look good, and gay is top 100.  So basically it boiled down to Siakam and LaVine for Stifle and Teague.  Seems pretty clear which side I want.  My team now:

G: Lowry, LaVine, Rose, Forbes, Smart

F: Siakam, Draymond, Gay, Hart 

c.. Capela, MitchRob, Thompson 

 

i just think that’s better than punting two cats (prior to the season I had traded Beal and two throw-ins for Lowry, Draymond, Teague which is why you don’t see any firsts).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Stifle, Otto, Adams. Teague for Siakam, LaVine, Gay.  I was in a punt points/FT build and still have Capela and MitchRob as bigs so I’m ok giving up Stifle and Adams.  My reasoning is that I’m dumping all of my distressed assets it one deal.  Adams is literally a net negative atm and maybe with Capela and mitchrob I won’t even have to punt FT.  Otto for Gay seems an even swap, Otto doesn’t look good, and gay is top 100.  So basically it boiled down to Siakam and LaVine for Stifle and Teague.  Seems pretty clear which side I want.  My team now:

G: Lowry, LaVine, Rose, Forbes, Smart

F: Siakam, Draymond, Gay, Hart 

c.. Capela, MitchRob, Thompson 

 

i just think that’s better than punting two cats (prior to the season I had traded Beal and two throw-ins for Lowry, Draymond, Teague which is why you don’t see any firsts).

Excellent trade. Thank you!

 

I basically turned Otto into PJ in mine but supposedly upgraded Siakam for Beal. Not as good as yours 😂

 

Anyway back to topic. Otto is playing and says he’s 100% healthy.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boytoy said:

Excellent trade. Thank you!

 

I basically turned Otto into PJ in mine but supposedly upgraded Siakam for Beal. Not as good as yours 😂

 

Anyway back to topic. Otto is playing and says he’s 100% healthy.

Oh, I should add this was a H2H league and Chicago has a s--- schedule anyway.  The combination of Otto being more suited to roto, his injury concern, and their schedule has me completely uninspired. 9 cat roto might be different.  

 

Yours should turn out ok as long as Beal plays to expectation.  Not to s--- on your parade but if this is H2H I’m fairly worried about Beal now that he got paid, which was part of the reason why in the same league I dumped him off.  That and I was pretty high on Lowry and Draymond.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are people really considering dropping OPJ outside of 6 team leagues and smaller? So many weak hands on this forum...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Del Rio said:

Are people really considering dropping OPJ outside of 6 team leagues and smaller? So many weak hands on this forum...

I don’t think so.  But if I can slough him off in package that masks I’m trying to dump him then I’ll do that.  I’ve already done it twice but the third league I had him in I don’t think it’s possible so it’s a hold there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I don’t think so.  But if I can slough him off in package that masks I’m trying to dump him then I’ll do that.  I’ve already done it twice but the third league I had him in I don’t think it’s possible so it’s a hold there.  

 

Yeah, the package deal is your only way of getting rid of him if you're genuinely worried about injuries/load management. Nobody will give you even 80 cents on the dollar of what he was drafted at in a one-for-one deal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StifleTower2 said:

Oh, I should add this was a H2H league and Chicago has a s--- schedule anyway.  The combination of Otto being more suited to roto, his injury concern, and their schedule has me completely uninspired. 9 cat roto might be different.  

 

Yours should turn out ok as long as Beal plays to expectation.  Not to s--- on your parade but if this is H2H I’m fairly worried about Beal now that he got paid, which was part of the reason why in the same league I dumped him off.  That and I was pretty high on Lowry and Draymond.  

 

Aware of Chi’s 3/3/3 schedule as well so that was definitely a big factor. Other manager actually wanted Oubre, but did a bit of sales talk to convince him to get Otto instead.

 

I do agree with your Beal concerns as well. Can’t draft lucky as load management is so widespread. If Beal does get shut down though, I’ll be hoping my opponent has load management problems as well 😂

 

5 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Are people really considering dropping OPJ outside of 6 team leagues and smaller? So many weak hands on this forum...

 

There was one poster who thought OPJ was being drafted 7-9th. It was made clear that he went much earlier. I think the consensus is to still wait and if you have to bail, trade, not drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, boytoy said:

There was one poster who thought OPJ was being drafted 7-9th. It was made clear that he went much earlier. I think the consensus is to still wait and if you have to bail, trade, not drop.

 

Ok, good. Just making sure. You know how it tends to be #OverreactionCentral around here this time of season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Shkodran_plako said:

OPJ, Ayton and Bagley are really hurting me. If OPJ continues like this for another week should I drop him? Cant afford to have no shows anymore.

Never drop him.  Shop him first.  If you can’t find a deal then use him as a throw in.  But don’t drop him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Never drop him.  Shop him first.  If you can’t find a deal then use him as a throw in.  But don’t drop him.  

Yep. Even as poor as he's playing, as a past owner of Otto he'd be an instant add for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will be a lot better than this guys. Maybe not top 40 but servicable. Hold tight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, snerpy said:

 

7-9th round is an absolute steal. I don't envision many money leagues having him dropping past the 5th-6th round. I think 8 teamers might be able to find some good players on the waiver but Otto is a hold and pray for the foreseeable future. 

 

8 team here and seriously considering swapping him for Miles Bridges

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.