Mikhov

Otto Porter Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

Yea but all of his stats came in the beginning of the 1st quarter.  He's done ZERO since, in those minutes played.

At this point, you have to hold.

He's clearly more hurt than we know and battling through it AND he's being phased out of the offense through this insane collection of shoot first, high usage black holes.

Lavine, White and Markkanen have never seen a shot they didn't like. WCJ can't pass, and Sato is tasked with making all of these dudes happy with little to zero usage himself. This Bulls team just isn't that good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Soafanforlife said:

At this point, you have to hold.

He's clearly more hurt than we know and battling through it AND he's being phased out of the offense through this insane collection of shoot first, high usage black holes.

Lavine, White and Markkanen have never seen a shot they didn't like. WCJ can't pass, and Sato is tasked with making all of these dudes happy with little to zero usage himself. This Bulls team just isn't that good. 

Just wondering, do you see it improving down the line if none of Lavine, White, Markanen gets injured/traded?

5 minutes ago, deathrazor said:

Just wondering, do you see it improving down the line if none of Lavine, White, Markanen gets injured/traded?

for sure. Porter is only 26, it's not like he got his skills zapped by the Monstars. At least I hope not.

1 minute ago, deathrazor said:

I've been watching the Bulls so far this year since I own shares of Porter and man it's been rough. The problem is Porter is the most likely trade candidate out of all of those guys, since the Bulls are making Lauri, Lavine and White their cornerstones. Porter just really came over out of a desire to get rid of Parker last season, and it's clear that Porter isn't really in their long term plans nor do they value him as much as the other 3. 

Another compounding issue is that even if Porter is moved to a team like say, GS (big maybe), there is zero incentive for the Bulls to do so unless they get back something really good in return. His gigantic deal presents problems, and it needs to match.

I'm personally hoping he gets moved to a wing needy team like GS, SA, Dallas, etc. but I know that it's a pipe dream atm. He's the 4th option on offense, and arguably the 5th after Coby White gets his. Disgusting. 

Something isn't right with Otto right now.  He's moving like he's just come back from an offseason of partying and doing no conditioning work.  He looked decent in the first few preseason games, got up and down the court fine, but then suddenly the talk of load management popped up and now he's can't do anything of value on the court while moving around like he's running in mud.  He has to be injured.

Either that or he's mentally checked out and is trying to force a trade.  Wouldn't surprise me because this Chicago team is absolute trash.  There's no way they win more than 30 games with the way Boylen runs things and Lavine thinking he's James Harden.

12 hours ago, Soafanforlife said:

I've been watching the Bulls so far this year since I own shares of Porter and man it's been rough. The problem is Porter is the most likely trade candidate out of all of those guys, since the Bulls are making Lauri, Lavine and White their cornerstones. Porter just really came over out of a desire to get rid of Parker last season, and it's clear that Porter isn't really in their long term plans nor do they value him as much as the other 3. 

Another compounding issue is that even if Porter is moved to a team like say, GS (big maybe), there is zero incentive for the Bulls to do so unless they get back something really good in return. His gigantic deal presents problems, and it needs to match.

I'm personally hoping he gets moved to a wing needy team like GS, SA, Dallas, etc. but I know that it's a pipe dream atm. He's the 4th option on offense, and arguably the 5th after Coby White gets his. Disgusting. 

The problem is that the wizards never valued him either.  He didn’t get along with Wall/Beal.  We never know what goes on behind closed doors and he seems like such a nice guy, he’s a low usage, efficient, 3 and D guy.  Seems like a perfect fit on any team.  Yet no one values him.  It starts to make me question whether there’s something about him that teams don’t like.  

3 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

The problem is that the wizards never valued him either.  He didn’t get along with Wall/Beal.  We never know what goes on behind closed doors and he seems like such a nice guy, he’s a low usage, efficient, 3 and D guy.  Seems like a perfect fit on any team.  Yet no one values him.  It starts to make me question whether there’s something about him that teams don’t like.  

CONTRACT:4 yr(s) / $106,524,975

29 minutes ago, perkinsfor3 said:

CONTRACT:4 yr(s) / $106,524,975

Well obviously but the contract is a sunk cost and has no bearing on how he gets along with teammates. I mean why does he not apparently mesh with his other teammates?

26 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Well obviously but the contract is a sunk cost and has no bearing on how he gets along with teammates. I mean why does he not apparently mesh with his other teammates?

Players do care about who's paid what and what role they play. However, I believe here, it's mostly a hip injury issue and the Bulls taking it slowly with him. Porter never needed high usage to be valuable. Let them gel.He'll end up top 40 again this season, starts slow every year.

12 minutes ago, perkinsfor3 said:

Players do care about who's paid what and what role they play. However, I believe here, it's mostly a hip injury issue and the Bulls taking it slowly with him. Porter never needed high usage to be valuable. Let them gel.He'll end up top 40 again this season, starts slow every year.

I believe he has a hip injury as well. That’s a statement of fact. I just think it’s suspicious he was frozen out by wall/Beal and his usage is zero here as well.

usage........sigh, hopefully as the season goes and as they ease him (what it looks like) he can get going, traded collins for him and Morant and so far......

Image result for sad panda south park.gif

• Haha 2

sad day when I sit Otto to put in Marcus Smart of all people. 
Remember when Kelly Oubre was playing behind Otto? Boi is hoopin' it up in Phoenix, doing all that I thought Otto would be doing. Oubre took all of his juju 😢

• Like 1

Would prefer if he didn't play to help get that hip issue healed. Playing a soft 20 minutes in games doesn't seem like a good way to go about this

Porter was a great guy to have during his breakout season (16/17). He went in i think the 9th round, was hyper efficient (51.6 / 43.4 / 83.2 - all career highs), and brought some solid out of position defense (6.4 rebs / 2 stocks) in steady minutes (32.6).

The thing that held him back from being truly elite was usage - only 13.4 points in starter's minutes despite his efficiency? Always seemed odd, because Wall especially was an analytically weaker scorer. I concluded that Porter must not be quick or clever enough to demand the looks he deserves.

For this reason, paired with his ADP shooting into the 30-40 range, I never drafted him again. Efficiency is difficult to depend on when volume is low, because percentages become their primary weapon as an asset.

I know he had a nice run with Chicago last spring, but the subsequent hype trains may have derailed this guy's value.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattshhh said:

Porter was a great guy to have during his breakout season (16/17). He went in i think the 9th round, was hyper efficient (51.6 / 43.4 / 83.2 - all career highs), and brought some solid out of position defense (6.4 rebs / 2 stocks) in steady minutes (32.6).

The thing that held him back from being truly elite was usage - only 13.4 points in starter's minutes despite his efficiency? Always seemed odd, because Wall especially was an analytically weaker scorer. I concluded that Porter must not be quick or clever enough to demand the looks he deserves.

For this reason, paired with his ADP shooting into the 30-40 range, I never drafted him again. Efficiency is difficult to depend on when volume is low, because percentages become their primary weapon as an asset.

I know he had a nice run with Chicago last spring, but the subsequent hype trains may have derailed this guy's value.

His usage rate is at a career low so far to start the season. Couple that in with load management from injuries (hamstring,face laceration), not looking good early on. 

More balanced offense. Lavine and lauri stop ball hogging. Otto more involved in offense. Bulls actually play better. I hope dumb boylen figures out that’s how team should play. 

Well I managed to trade Otto for PJ Washington. Just couldn't take it anymore and decided to get some value for my 4th rounder now. Not sure how I will feel about this trade in the spring,  but right now I am very happy 

2 hours ago, csklmf said:

More balanced offense. Lavine and lauri stop ball hogging. Otto more involved in offense. Bulls actually play better. I hope dumb boylen figures out that’s how team should play. 

he benched lauri because he wasn’t aggressive enough

5 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Well I managed to trade Otto for PJ Washington. Just couldn't take it anymore and decided to get some value for my 4th rounder now. Not sure how I will feel about this trade in the spring,  but right now I am very happy 

Ran the opposite trade. Can I have your spare Xanax

10 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

hes ranked 68th. are you in a 14-16 teamer? 

definitely not fair because pj will cool off he simply cannot sustain this 3pt % so he will fall i expect to about 70-90th.

but legit thinking about picking up pj for otto, but realize its prolly not worth. gave up on otto too early imo, he took a while to get it together last yaer.

The reverse trade is actually great, for a sell high buy low as well

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry