Mikhov

Otto Porter Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

Otto will come good. Always does. Can't wait for the regret posts 

• Like 2

Just now, a-rob said:

Otto is too good to suck, but what is up with Bulls rotation? Is this team the new 18-19 Nets? Their new coach seems obsessed with keeping everyone under 30 minutes.

but the 15 games last year, sameish rotation. think its fine. he ballllled out. i was excited for him this year tbh lol

traded dlo for him thinking i fleeced, but not so much....

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry

The problem with Otto, if it’s H2H, is that he also has a poor playoff schedule.  So if you can swing a decent offer, like Washington it’s not the worst, because even if Otto improves to top 50 he still has a poor playoff schedule. I wouldn’t sell lower than a top 75 player with a decent schedule though. 

26 minutes ago, a-rob said:

If Otto improves, then you can sell him for his actual value and get better player than offers being thrown around for Porter right now.

True.  Maybe.  I wasn’t the one selling low.  I’m not able to secure what I would require to sell him.

24 minutes ago, a-rob said:

If Otto improves, then you can sell him for his actual value and get better player than offers being thrown around for Porter right now.

And that is a big if. After watching Bull's this year (my eyes are still hurting) it is clear to me that Otto is 3rd option on offense at best. Thad Young is also taking away backup PF minutes. Dont even mention the coach. Game starts and Bulls stick to the game plan and Otto produces as we all expected. By mid 2nd Zach, Lauri and White are all in "me first " mode and Otto is basically ignored on offense. I just don't see Otto returning value we expected from 4th -5th pick this year. If PJ doesn't produce down the road I have no problem dropping him. I do think he will finish better than 197th (current Otto ranking

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

And that is a big if. After watching Bull's this year (my eyes are still hurting) it is clear to me that Otto is 3rd option on offense at best. Thad Young is also taking away backup PF minutes. Dont even mention the coach. Game starts and Bulls stick to the game plan and Otto produces as we all expected. By mid 2nd Zach, Lauri and White are all in "me first " mode and Otto is basically ignored on offense. I just don't see Otto returning value we expected from 4th -5th pick this year. If PJ doesn't produce down the road I have no problem dropping him. I do think he will finish better than 197th (current Otto ranking

Otto was always third option. Even in his wizard days behind wall and Beal at times markeiff and gortat. He was still able to put up great early mid round. 

Edited by thrilla1nManila

33 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Otto was always third option. Even in his wizard days behind wall and Beal at times markeiff and gortat. He was still able to put up great early mid round. 

usage rate/FGA:

2019/20: 16.5% - 8.8
2018/19: 20.4% - 13.4     with Chicago,
2019/19: 17.7% - 10.8 with Washington
2017/18: 18.2% - 11.5
2016/17: 14.7% - 10

His usage is down so far this year. It seems that LaVine, Lauri, , WCJ, Thad Young are all ahead of Otto on offense.  Minutes are down too  (25.8).  I am assuming he is  not injured because he is playing. If he is injured it is even worse (great job Chicago).
I just don't trust Boylen to fix his offence and team rotations so  Otto gets  more touches.   

Plus, there is advantage of not having to decide every time he is playing: should I start him or bench him.

I've made my decision, was it correct one it remains to be seen. So far I am enjoying PJ bandwagon

Someone dropped him in my League and I picked him altough I have him in another league. Doubling down is the way

5 hours ago, ROTY said:

Otto will come good. Always does. Can't wait for the regret posts 

lol I heard that a lot last year so I held on.

In the end, that decision burned me badly in playoff after he was shut down.

His hip is still not 100% this year and with the way Bulls are playing.....I wouldnt be surprised if he is shut down again in spring.

Pretty sure he will come around but no way he replicates his 16-18 form.

Or he’ll be traded and be in a better situation with a better playoff schedule 

10 minutes ago, IT8 said:

Or he’ll be traded and be in a better situation with a better playoff schedule 

with his $27m contract with a player option next season, highly doubt it lol

• Like 1

Ok Ok, FIIINE.  Then we need some injuries to these ball hogs.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IT8 said:

Ok Ok, FIIINE.  Then we need some injuries to these ball hogs.  

Yeah hopefully these humans you've never met get seriously injured!

32 minutes ago, mattshhh said:

Yeah hopefully these humans you've never met get seriously injured!

Eek!  It's the fantasy morals white knight!  Hope he's never owned a single violent criminal in his fantasy career!

10 minutes ago, IT8 said:

Eek!  It's the fantasy morals white knight!  Hope he's never owned a single violent criminal in his fantasy career!

I'm sorry you wasted an early pick on Otto Porter, but there's no reason to take it out on his teammates. He's a shooter, not a scorer.

"Take it out on his teammates"

Lol. K.  Good thing they got you here for em XD

Wow.. couldn't even get Nunn for Otto. This is a low point for me lol

• Haha 1

He's back. The top 40 guys is back! 

OPJ and Satoransky creating for each other is fun. Lavine and Lauri you can go f--- yourself now. 

Edited by csklmf

I’m not gonna lie this thread is hilarious. When this guy is playing like a bum everyone is in here talking negative and upset but when he’s balling out nobody says nothing lmao. Regardless OUR FUKIN BOY IS BACK

5 minutes ago, Flamez said:

I’m not gonna lie this thread is hilarious. When this guy is playing like a bum everyone is in here talking negative and upset but when he’s balling out nobody says nothing lmao. Regardless OUR FUKIN BOY IS BACK

lol that's how forums work, overreactions and emotions running high everywhere

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, deathrazor said:

Drop anunoby for otto?

I’ll knock you out. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

lol that's how forums work, overreactions and emotions running high everywhere

Yes bro I feel that but I’m surprised this thread isn’t going bonkers Rn. Ppl were saying this guy is done and his hip ruined him blah blah my penis. I know it’s only 1 game but I’m watching this game on league pass and he looks a lot quicker and is more actively looking to score. 

Edited by Flamez

29 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

As an Otto owner I wish selling was a possibility. 

As an Otto owner I wish Lavine would get traded

• Haha 1