Mikhov

Otto Porter Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I did it! Finally free.  Dumped off Otto and Conley for collins once the news of his suspension came.  He couldn’t roster him due to also losing curry and I needed a big.  I had otto in four leagues and somehow got decent trades to dump him in all four.  

Wow why don’t you wait for 25 games to see if they may eventually break out of the slump or recover from the injury, instead of selling slow?

14 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

Wow why don’t you wait for 25 games to see if they may eventually break out of the slump or recover from the injury, instead of selling slow?

If everyone was playing as expected that would be considered a fair trade but the other owner would decline it.  I already tried similar and he rejected.  If I waited 25 games then that option wouldn’t be available.  Or worse, Otto’s hip injury is serious, and his value is depressed even further.  Now I have a player who is too good to cut, but too bad to have any trade value.  Literally stuck. Now I can take advantage of the other gm needing to move collins now.  I can also add someone who for all we know can outplay Otto in the short term.  Also, my backcourt already consists of Kemba, Lowry, Lonzo, Smart, Hill.  Needed a center.  You’re only thinking about things from your own perspective. Not the other guy’s perspective.  Which is if Otto is still struggling 25 games for now and Collins is back then why trade collins to me?

I should add I only drafted Otto bc he was cheap ($14 in auction).  I was hoping he could string together some good games so I could sell high before the fantasy playoffs (terrible schedule).

Edited by StifleTower2

Kid’s having himself a game rn 

Edited by RunCMC
wrong thread
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, QingJames said:

Is this irony?

Perhaps hmmm , no brodie . I responded to the wrong thread , hence the edit . 

Bulls leading near end of 1st half. OPJ seems good on paper, anything happened in-game that might indicate rest/injury?

i think he's going to be playing through injuries all season, but he looks really good tonight.

active, even calling for the ball on offense.

2 minutes ago, kane said:

This dude suddenly became injury prone,smh

Hasn't he had a lot of various niggling concerns for a few seasons now? I think I recall losing matchups when he hurt his toe etc

• Thanks 1

I don't own him this season, but in my experience, you just gotta power through and be patient 😂 he was this frustrating to own last season.

On 11/6/2019 at 4:54 PM, snerpy said:

Buy low window getting smaller and smaller 😱

Someone just offered me Miles Bridges for this dude and I took it immediately. He's going to be hurt all year and he's sunk cost, trade him for whatever you can get. 

• Like 1

Jim Boylen said Otto Porter Jr. has a left foot sprain and it’s a soft tissue injury so difficult to place timetable on it. Out vs. Rockets. @KCJHoop

2 hours ago, Lob City99 said:

Jim Boylen said Otto Porter Jr. has a left foot sprain and it’s a soft tissue injury so difficult to place timetable on it. Out vs. Rockets. @KCJHoop

Dropped. Bagley and Collins already on WW, might as well add Otto there too and pick 'em all up in December.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mtx said:

Dropped. Bagley and Collins already on WW, might as well add Otto there too and pick 'em all up in December.

Are you in a two team league? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2