RoseLin23

Zane Gonzalez 2019 Outlook

Just now, CitizenJ said:

Started Slye in one league and Gonzo in the other. Only swapping one kicker next week. Slye is solid.

I did the same because I didn't want to put all my eggs on Slye. But with Gonzalez reverting back into a pumpkin today, I think he's a safe drop. 

1 minute ago, cbsholy said:

Do we really think this ride is over for Gonzalez? Let's see how the game ends first. He can bounce back in the second half. At least we know he is shaky from 45+. Might just be something to get used to. I think the volume will still be there in this offense assuming he can make the 30 yarders and mid 40s. 

Yes, it is over. In addition to the 48 yard miss, he also missed a 43 yarder. With those missed points for his real-life team and the Cards in a big hole (down 17), I wouldn't expect many more FG attempts. 

Must add if in need of a kicker. Arizona is just awful in the RZ.

People with Zane.....you rolling him out there against the 49ers or looking at other options?

On one hand, could be FG attempts for Zane as the Cards will probably struggle to score TD's.  Heck, they may not score a TD in this one.

That said though, they might struggle to move the ball at all.

Zane has been great but I'm leaning toward finding another option.  This could easily be a 3 point game or less for Zane.

Check out his schedule. 49ers, Bucs, 49ers, BYE. I dropped him this week. See if someone dropped Zuerlein or Lutz this week for their bye and try to scoop them up. Stream this week and you are set for ROS.

Thanks, never even thought to really look ahead at my kicker. Been rolling Zane out with confidence.  But it looks as though his schedule is tough sledding. The Bucs is nice, but 49er's allow the 2nd least FG attempts at only 1.1 per game. Waivers go through today but making a claim for Boswell. 

He has a good K score on fantasypros. I think he’s still a fine start. I could certainly understand hesitance though. 

14 minutes ago, aapox said:

He has a good K score on fantasypros. I think he’s still a fine start. I could certainly understand hesitance though. 

My concern isn't with Zane, it's with the number of opportunities that he will have. 49ers only allow an average of 1.1 FG attempts per game, only the Pats have less at .6.  If Zane gets the opportunity he will convert, I think that they will be few and far between over the course of the next few weeks.

I'm not overthinking it and rolling him out there in leagues I have him.

In one league I needed a kicker so was targeting Myers or Maher, but I'm fine with Zane.

"Listen to your friend Billy Zane..." --Zoolander

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, austin316 said:

If anything the matchup might be good for Zane, if AZ crosses the 50 and gets stifled and stuck in FG range.

Good chance SF runs away with the game early and AZ won't attempt nearly as many FG's as they normally do because they are playing catchup. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SGagne said:

Good chance SF runs away with the game early and AZ won't attempt nearly as many FG's as they normally do because they are playing catchup. 

True, I hate that.

But it's unpredictable so I'm setting and forgetting.

Edited by austin316
  • Like 1