wendellrott

Kyle Allen 2019 Outlook

[...]

don't know a lot about this guy but picked him up and am going to start him

Cards defense isn't all that intimidating

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray played at Texas A&M in 2015 before transferring to Oklahoma. As an Aggie, he competed with current Carolina quarterback Kyle Allen for the starting job.

guess there is some hope

The last time Allen started for the Panthers, he looked sharp. Allen posted 228 passing yards, two touchdowns and a 111.3 passer rating in a win over the Saints in the last game of 2018.

13 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

guess there is some hope

The last time Allen started for the Panthers, he looked sharp. Allen posted 228 passing yards, two touchdowns and a 111.3 passer rating in a win over the Saints in the last game of 2018.

Problem is, Saints were probably benching their starters at that point.

3 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Problem is, Saints were probably benching their starters at that point.

please, please, let me just be able to bask in my QB fantasies just a little longer !

• Haha 2

Supposedly he was like the number 1 qb recruit the year he graduated high school. I am forced to start him this Sunday (2 qb league). He has history with Kyler Murray and also grew up in Arizona. Hopefully all this extra motivation will help me get over 20 points from my QB spot for the first time this season! 

Edited by mrfrood

19 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

Supposedly he was like the number 1 qb recruit the year he graduated high school. I am forced to start him this Sunday (2 qb league). He has history with Kyler Murray and also grew up in Arizona. Hopefully all this extra motivation will help me get over 20 points from my QB spot for the first time this season! 

Oh Yeah I'm with Ya' Man

Let it Roll Baby Roll

• Like 1

Cam has just 2 mil in dead money if he's cut or traded after this season.    I love Cam and defend him often, but he looks completely beat up and worn out at this point.   Meanwhile, Rivera's on the hot seat, and the division is a bit of a cluster right now.    If Kyle wins another game, Cam comes back, and loses.....its gonna get interesting.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Cam has just 2 mil in dead money if he's cut or traded after this season.    I love Cam and defend him often, but he looks completely beat up and worn out at this point.   Meanwhile, Rivera's on the hot seat, and the division is a bit of a cluster right now.    If Kyle wins another game, Cam comes back, and loses.....its gonna get interesting.  

I don't see how you can go back to Scam after what Allen did yesterday. Scam has looked awful through two games - absolutely awful. Time to move on from the baby. 

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

I don't see how you can go back to Scam after what Allen did yesterday. Scam has looked awful through two games - absolutely awful. Time to move on from the baby. 

Well...it was the Cardinals.   Houston's pass D is ranked one higher than AZ so not the biggest test next week either.  But is is the NFL...and he played well.  I loved his use of DJ Moore, and how CMac wasn't affected....both of whom I have shares of in fantasy.  

2 hours ago, dropshadows said:

When/is Cam coming back?

He won't be out too long.

signed, Wally Pipp

2 hours ago, dropshadows said:

When/is Cam coming back?

If Allen keeps winning.... Never

Posted this in the Newton thread but it might be more applicable here.

If Kyle Allen leads them to a win in Houston this week it's a wrap. If the Panthers don't win but Kyle Allen looks good and isn't the problem, things might get interesting. Based off of this past week alone, I think we all know there is at least some element of the coaching staff playing coy by using Cam's ankle as an excuse to 'wait and see' on what they have in Kyle Allen leading the offense. When the entire team is lifted by a QB performance and players are excited again, it's a very risky game you're playing by benching him when things are working. Body language on the players alone can tell you lots of things. Obviously we all agree that if Kyle balls, Kyle plays. But what about if he has an average performance and Cam is deemed healthy enough to return?

15 hours ago, Fenamo said:

Pocket presence and touch. Great for a Norv Turner offense:

Why did he go undrafted?

6 hours ago, pbjfb said:

Why did he go undrafted?

Plenty of reasons, I'm sure, but the unconventional college career is the most likely culprit:

- 5 star recruit who settled on Texas A&M

- Beat out Kyler Murray to start

- Both he and Kyler transfer away from Texas A&M after the season (yikes)

- Transfers to Houston and is redshirted for 2016

- Starting QB in 2017 and then benched week 3 for Postma

- Foregoes his senior year and enters the draft

That'll raise red-flags and likely drop you from any draft-boards. Seems like some talent evaluators whiffed on him hard. Either way, here we are! Cam Newton likely lisfranc fracture and it's now the Kyle Allen show. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fenamo said:

Plenty of reasons, I'm sure, but the unconventional college career is the most likely culprit:

- 5 star recruit who settled on Texas A&M

- Beat out Kyler Murray to start

- Both he and Kyler transfer away from Texas A&M after the season (yikes)

- Transfers to Houston and is redshirted for 2016

- Starting QB in 2017 and then benched week 3 for Postma

- Foregoes his senior year and enters the draft

That'll raise red-flags and likely drop you from any draft-boards. Seems like some talent evaluators whiffed on him hard. Either way, here we are! Cam Newton likely lisfranc fracture and it's now the Kyle Allen show. 

Yeah, sounds like he's a really talented QB with poor college numbers. Hopefully Norv Turner has fixed his issues and we got ourselves at least a Tony Romo (undrafted qb)

• Like 1

I really wished I saved my FAAB in my 2QB league and picked this guy up for dirt cheap instead of bidding big on Rudolph. He could have a sneaky good fantasy season although still not sure he'll be relevant in 1 QB leagues.

• Like 1