wendellrott

Kyle Allen 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Fenamo said:

Plenty of reasons, I'm sure, but the unconventional college career is the most likely culprit:

- 5 star recruit who settled on Texas A&M

- Beat out Kyler Murray to start

- Both he and Kyler transfer away from Texas A&M after the season (yikes)

- Transfers to Houston and is redshirted for 2016

- Starting QB in 2017 and then benched week 3 for Postma

- Foregoes his senior year and enters the draft

That'll raise red-flags and likely drop you from any draft-boards. Seems like some talent evaluators whiffed on him hard. Either way, here we are! Cam Newton likely lisfranc fracture and it's now the Kyle Allen show. 

Two words:  Kevin Sumlin.

He’s as bad as a coach as Mariota is at qb

• Like 1

Surprised this thread didn't blow up. I'm personally stoked that I picked him up last week in my 16 teamer before his start (after blowing remaining FAAB on Rudolph lol). I think he will be more than serviceable. The thing is, we don't even know what his ceiling is. The array of weapons on that team could push him into QB1 tier if this really works out.

Jeez that film was impressive AF...can make all the throws and some pretty impeccable ball placements. I went right out after and acquired him in a dynasty league.

2 hours ago, young dude said:

Surprised this thread didn't blow up. I'm personally stoked that I picked him up last week in my 16 teamer before his start (after blowing remaining FAAB on Rudolph lol). I think he will be more than serviceable. The thing is, we don't even know what his ceiling is. The array of weapons on that team could push him into QB1 tier if this really works out.

The Cam returning or not part? I’d much rather have Danny Dimes as far as fantasy football.

44 minutes ago, mjb said:

The Cam returning or not part? I’d much rather have Danny Dimes as far as fantasy football.

I was going to agree with you but Danny has some tough games coming up after this week against WAS. Might be some growing pains there. Kyle’s schedule looks a bit more forgiving. It will be interesting to see how it plays out but Kyle had a nice game last year too against the Saints. He might have that something indicative of why he was that no.1 recruit those years ago.

• Thanks 1

Kind of boggles my mind that this guy looked pretty good this past weekend yet he went undrafted and didnt even have the best numbers in college. Though Fenamo's post on page 1 does a bit to provide context there. Still, you'd think if he was capable at all of ever having starter potential he would've been drafted at SOME point in the later rounds, even like 6th or 7th round. He has solid weapons around him, McCaffrey will do more than keep defenses honest, and Olsen/Moore/Samuel is one of the better receiving corps out there. And is it just me or did it seem like the team played harder and were more passionate with him in at QB? Collective body language definitely spoke volumes to me.

• Like 1

Scooooped

Rather him blow up on my bench than against me...poised, accurate, w opportunity...blew up v Saints week 17 last year too...With all the Daniel Jones hype I see Allen's FOUR TD GAME being overshadowed...and in the shadows is where the sneakiest moves are made...😼

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 3

Kyle is the keeper you need on your roster for next year. 

You have to pick him up before he has another big performance.

No one wants Cam back, not the team, not the front office, not the fans.    .........      If Kyle does good this week, this team is his, and he should have a good year.  IF he gets the job,   he will be a top 10 QB next year.

Edited by Sivaro

Kyle Allen is trash its so funny after 1 game people are already saying he is 10 top QB ... He's good as a stop gap ... Sell high

Edited by ItsMeMario
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, ItsMeMario said:

Kyle Allen is trash its so funny after 1 game people are already saying he is 10 top QB ... He's good as a stop gap ... Sell high

Your saying he’s trash makes as much sense a someone saying he is already top 10.

In 2QB or superflex leagues, he is intriguing. Carolina has lots of weapons and in two starts, he has accounted for 7 TDs. That’s 7 more than Cam in his last 4 starts. If he continues to move the offense, the longer Cam’s foot injury is going to take to heal.

Edited by Butters
  • Like 2

Dude seems like a legit qb1 this weekend...so many bad matchups for normal qb1s. On the road against a bottom 5 pass defense, and over under seems competitive. I'm considering streaming him over keenum and brissett.

• Like 2

Pretty sure I am going to start him over Josh Allen in my 2 QB league. He was everything this last week that Cam was not the first 2 weeks. Hell all of last year really.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ItsMeMario said:

Someone lost to a team that rosterred Kyle Allen last week...

Either way, with Brees/Cam/Ben out with injuries, bye weeks coming up and guys like Baker underperforming a kid like Allen is a very valuable player in 2 QB leagues and can be streamed in 1QB leagues by owners that whiffed a QB. 

Nothing more, nothing less.

With that said, Allen has played in 2+ games and has 6 passing TDs, 1 rushing TD and has completed almost 70pct of his passes in offense with CMC/Moore/Samuel/Olsen. If Allen was taken by the Panthers in the 1st round everyone would be going crazy over this guy. 

• Like 2

I am 99% sure I am plugging him in this week (just dealt for him in this dynasty league) over Winston.

I have no clue how anyone could watch him last week and not see what a marked improvement he was for offense, over Cam. It was v impressive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I am 99% sure I am plugging him in this week (just dealt for him in this dynasty league) over Winston.

I have no clue how anyone could watch him last week and not see what a marked improvement he was for offense, over Cam. It was v impressive.

I have the same Allen vs. Winston decision. I don't think I'm bold enough to start Allen yet, but he definitely looked promising on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, wideopen21 said:

Someone lost to a team that rosterred Kyle Allen last week...

How DARE YOU!

Cardinals are the 31st worst rank defense. They ******** stinks. The only QB who would have looked bad is Cam Newton because he is a Vegan loser

9 minutes ago, ItsMeMario said:

How DARE YOU!

Cardinals are the 31st worst rank defense. They ******** stinks. The only QB who would have looked bad is Cam Newton because he is a Vegan loser

Kyle Allen stole your dreams....

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Dude seems like a legit qb1 this weekend...so many bad matchups for normal qb1s. On the road against a bottom 5 pass defense, and over under seems competitive. I'm considering streaming him over keenum and brissett.

Yes, he is a better option than those other 2.

I think the team is going to play better than normal, just because they want Kyle to stick around.....  They know that if Kyle gets some big stats that he has the job.   I am thinking he is going to have a big week.

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Same. I'm starting him over Winston. Easy decision IMO. Winston plays the Rams.

With all the qbs going down and out.

Many fantasy teams need a good upside qb ON their rosters right now.   Minshew and Allen are the big names, and Allen probably has more upside.  Carolina is a good team.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I love the setup for this kid but how can you start him over Brissett? TY or not it doesn't get much better than a home matchup against the Raiders. Pretty significant implied team total advantage as well, Vegas has Colts at 26 and Panthers at 20.75. 

You own a guy like Brissett to start him in a spot like this unless you have a legit qb1.

Edited by tatddy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dalton Gang said:

Pretty sure I am going to start him over Josh Allen in my 2 QB league. He was everything this last week that Cam was not the first 2 weeks. Hell all of last year really.

I'm doing the exact same thing although I could see Josh getting some garbage time points.

He looked really good last Sunday, but that was against the hapless Cards. I definitely don't need another QB (already have Goff and J. Allen), but we have deep benches and he's available. Just thinking he might be worth a stash to see what he does against a legit D this weekend. Could always use him or the other Allen for trade bait. 

Hmmm....