Sign in to follow this  
secretagentman

Pick 8 auction keepers...

5x5 Roto, 10 team auction keeper, keep any 8, 13/9/2C/10 bench lineups, $300 budget, auction inflation is very high.

Have 4 no brainers:

Trout  $32

Baez  $11

Soto $6

Albies $6

Pick the remaining 4 from the list below:

Machado $2 (big disappointment)

Clevinger $6

Flaherty $6

N. Cruz $16 (old)

C. Seager $1 (always hurt)

Bichette $1 (unproven)

Paxton $1 (inconsistent, gets hurt)

Urshella $1

Y. Gurriel $10 (old)

Laureano $6

Edited by secretagentman

For me, I’m keeping Clevinger and Flaherty for a one-two SP punch and Machado and Bichette. Yeah, the later two are a disappointment and an unproven player respectively, but at those prices, it’s a low-risk, high-reward.

Clevinger, Flaherty, Machado & Bichette. Seager would really be the only other I'd consider, but I take my shot with the youth on this one.

On 9/24/2019 at 3:55 PM, Lucho said:

Clevinger, Flaherty, Machado & Bichette. Seager would really be the only other I'd consider, but I take my shot with the youth on this one.

This

Trout: OF or CF

Soto: OF or LF

Baez: SS

Albies: 2nd

Machado 3rd/SS play at 3rd

Clevinger SP

Flaherty SP

Last one really depends on your positions. I think the best going forward would be Bichette or Seager, but they would be a UTI. Same thing with Urshela and Cruz. Price on Cruz and Gurriel say no as well. 

If you are ok having the last guy a UTI spot then I would go one of them. But also think about Laureano OF/RF or Paxton as SP

On 9/28/2019 at 1:53 AM, Gunz41 said:

Trout: OF or CF

Soto: OF or LF

Baez: SS

Albies: 2nd

Machado 3rd/SS play at 3rd

Clevinger SP

Flaherty SP

Last one really depends on your positions. I think the best going forward would be Bichette or Seager, but they would be a UTI. Same thing with Urshela and Cruz. Price on Cruz and Gurriel say no as well. 

If you are ok having the last guy a UTI spot then I would go one of them. But also think about Laureano OF/RF or Paxton as SP

We have an IF position, so Bichette, Seager, Machado, Gurriel, Urshella would all be elig there and not fill up the Util slot.  Cruz is Util only, so he does have that negative.

Clevinger and Flaherty have pretty much earned spots in my thinking given the lack of quality pitching all round and their cheap price tags.  The remaining 2 spots I really can't decide on.  Sick of Machado's under performance and Seager's injuries.  Gurriel is too old.  Cruz would be fine but is a bit old at this point and his util only pos elig is a negative.  Bichette is a bit of a gamble, but the price is right.

On 9/21/2019 at 3:04 PM, charger_ss24 said:

For me, I’m keeping Clevinger and Flaherty for a one-two SP punch and Machado and Bichette. Yeah, the later two are a disappointment and an unproven player respectively, but at those prices, it’s a low-risk, high-reward.

My thoughts exactly.  2 solid SP at a decent price tag, and Machado and Bichette have great upside at $2 and $1.  Too early to give up on Machado, especially for $2.  I really don’t see anyone better, except maybe keeping Paxton for $1 also, but up to you if want to keep 3 SP.

Pick the remaining 4 from the list below:

Machado $2 (big disappointment)

Clevinger $6

Flaherty $6

N. Cruz $16 (old)

C. Seager $1 (always hurt)

Bichette $1 (unproven)

Paxton $1 (inconsistent, gets hurt)

Urshella $1

Y. Gurriel $10 (old)

Laureano $6

Its a pretty easy 4 for me - yes Machado was kind of a let down, but at $2?  he just doesnt run much, his average dipped but this season was almost identical to his 2017 season.  2nd year in new place, I expect a little bit more comfort - but its tougher hitting situation, parks, division, lineup around him etc.