MrBr0wn

Clint Capela 2019-2020 Outlook

Should benefit from having westbrook, right? Always feel like ppl sleep on him as he could easily be a safe early round player..

I think he is among group of players drafted at the end of 2nd round. I have this year in my only standard league draft 10th and 15th pick, which obviously is too early. Therefore I can only say: bye-bye, Capela!

His pre-rank in yahoo is around 4X now,definitely undervalued because he finished inside top 30 value in total last two seasons

His reb may take a small hit because wb join the team but FG%,pts,blks should remain similar

• Like 1

Will only take a slight hit in rebounds, but will continue to improve in FT and blocks. He’s improved in FT every year, last year he was basically around 2/3 which is palatable considering how many littles can shoot 6/7 (or similarly).  Meaning it only takes one good Ft shooter to bring the pair up to 80%.  His positive FG impact was first last year and is way more helpful than his negative Ft is harmful.  It might decline below Stifle’s or Giannis’s but will remain elite.  Eg Harden plus Capela is over 50/80.  Aside from his regression when he returned from injury last year he was on pace for nearly a two blocks year. I would predict 17/11/1.5 with 1.7 blocks/.8 steals.  7/11 shooting (63ish), super elite FG on high volume.  *Fingers crossed* but he might near 3/4 from the line, 1.5 TO.  Probably won’t quite hit those FT numbers but he was 2.5 for 3.9 last year and he has improved every year.  His volume isn’t high enough to be a punt guy as he only missed 1.4 FT.  Compare that to someone like Gobert who was 4.1 of 6.4 and missed 2.3 or Drummond’s 3.1 of 5.2. Not to mention Adams or Whiteside. There are several players with a lower FT percentage on higher volume.  Any small regression in rebounds will be negated by improvement in blocks and FT.  Top 25 finish.  He’s going to blast off like a ROCKET...burning through the sky...200 degrees...that’s why they call him Mr. Farenheight. 

Edited by StifleTower2
  • Like 3

I don't think the Westbrook addition helps him at all as they're not adding Russel in a vacuum, they're replacing CP3 with him. Russel is as good a passer as CP3 at best and doesn't stretch the floor as much as he's a less accomplished 3-point shooter, I just don't see how that's a better situation than last year.

I don't think he really falls off either though, his rebounds might take a slight hit but he's still young and continuing to improve. 
So that might cancel each-other out, I have him at about the same level he was last year. Solid pick around 20 to 25 for 9-cat.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 11:52 PM, therealmikeshinoda said:

i couldn't believe my eyes that Jaren Jackson Jr is normally picked a round earlier than Clint Capela and this is not 1 or 2 occasions .. multiple occasions. 

Ended up getting them both, back to back. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Ended up getting them both, back to back. 

Same but in an auction for $20 and $21. I like the combo. Capela more traditional big stats with the high fg rebs and blocks with sort of bad ft and JJJ with some out of position stats like 3s more points and better ft. Should work nicely

• Like 2

On 9/27/2019 at 5:52 AM, therealmikeshinoda said:

i couldn't believe my eyes that Jaren Jackson Jr is normally picked a round earlier than Clint Capela and this is not 1 or 2 occasions .. multiple occasions. 

Similar to the Nurkic hype a couple of years age. Kids are getting hyped so easy.

On 9/27/2019 at 11:52 AM, therealmikeshinoda said:

Is this the norm? Ive done a handful of mocks and Capela always goes first. (Edit: double checked and JJJ did go early in some mocks). In my official league draft, Capela went 33 (mid 3rd) and I picked JJJ at 57 (first pick 5th round). In my auction draft though, Capela went for only 22$ while JJJ was close at 19$.

I dont think Capela is undervalued at all. Players looking for a 3rd round big usually target him, but I am aware of the hype with JJJ and I am all aboard at the right price.

Edited by boytoy

2 minutes ago, boytoy said:

Is this the norm? Ive done a handful of mocks and Capela always goes first. In my official league draft, Capela went 33 (mid 3rd) and I picked JJJ at 57 (first pick 5th round). In my auction draft though, Capela went for only 22$ while JJJ was close at 19$.

It's been the norm.. Right now on Yahoo Capela's ADP is still 45 and JJJ's is 41. Maybe it's slowly shifiting as the season gets closer but he's right, that's how it's been in most of my mocks. The sexier name in JJJ has always been picked before Capela.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, s-kayos said:

It's been the norm.. Right now on Yahoo Capela's ADP is still 45 and JJJ's is 41. Maybe it's slowly shifiting as the season gets closer but he's right, that's how it's been in most of my mocks. The sexier name in JJJ has always been picked before Capela.

Yeah i double checked and he has gone first by a round in a few of my mocks. My bad. So the 33 in my league was a reach and my 57 was super lucky. I see good value in both though and will depend on how you want to structure your team.

On 9/23/2019 at 12:10 PM, qpeeters said:

I don't think the Westbrook addition helps him at all as they're not adding Russel in a vacuum, they're replacing CP3 with him. Russel is as good a passer as CP3 at best and doesn't stretch the floor as much as he's a less accomplished 3-point shooter, I just don't see how that's a better situation than last year.

I don't think he really falls off either though, his rebounds might take a slight hit but he's still young and continuing to improve. 
So that might cancel each-other out, I have him at about the same level he was last year. Solid pick around 20 to 25 for 9-cat.

more Westbrook attacks = more help d challenges = more capela put backs. plus Westbrook is a decent passer and there are plenty of shooters in hou.

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, jdub576 said:

Right off the bat both harden and Russ are taking easy boards away from cap :(

Then trade him away? 

We're a bathroom break past tip off and this is your take? Lol. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

It's been 4 fukin minutes lol relax

I love the first week of the season so much, just for these comments hah

• Like 2

Exactly... He hit is average from last year and was guarding Lopez on the perimeter for a lot of the game. No reason to be worried about his rebounds.

• Like 2

f$@k D'Antoni,he rather use Tucker or House as their small ball C and not put Capela into the court,they deserve to lose

1 minute ago, kane said:

f$@k D'Antoni,he rather use Tucker or House as their small ball C and not put Capela into the court,they deserve to lose

they were outrebounded by 15, good thing they lost lol without Capella

• Haha 1

What's up with him this year? Was garbage last game and seems like another garbage game tonight. Went to the bench with 1 REB in the 1st quarter. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

What's up with him this year? Was garbage last game and seems like another garbage game tonight. Went to the bench with 1 REB in the 1st quarter. 

foul trouble tonight

8 hours ago, kane said:

foul trouble tonight

Yeah I know, still it boggles me that all he does in 6 minutes in the 1st quarter is One rebound. Looks like his rebounds drop to around 8 to 9 this year... 

• Like 1