MrBr0wn

Clint Capela 2019-2020 Outlook

20 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Hard to be even 90% when you cant stay on the court.  I wouldn't have made that trade.  Guy probably couldn't believe his luck when he received that offer.

Y’all really don’t get it, by making this trade I have 7 games of capela , compared to 5 games of Gobert during the last two weeks of the playoffs due to the messy schedule of week 24.

if I wasn’t already a lock for first place i wouldn’t have made this deal.

this is a league winning move for me as H2H only comes down to playoffs 

Did the exact same thing last year by trading kat for jokic , I’ll take 8 games of joker over 6 games of kat

when ur a lock to make playoffs I suggest making moves like this to gain as many games in playoffs as possible , works for me every time 

Edited by Simsanityy179
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Y’all really don’t get it, by making this trade I have 7 games of capela , compared to 5 games of Gobert during the last two weeks of the playoffs due to the messy schedule of week 24.

if I wasn’t already a lock for first place i wouldn’t have made this deal.

this is a league winning move for me as H2H only comes down to playoffs 

Did the exact same thing last year by trading kat for jokic , I’ll take 8 games of joker over 6 games of kat

when ur a lock to make playoffs I suggest making moves like this to gain as many games in playoffs as possible , works for me every time 

It's all about context and so many variables involved. I have made similar moves before that just wouldn't make sense in most other circumstances. I always considered the team's position and their team composition when I make those offers too. You don't want to make another team that's strong already and facing you in the playoffs who could use gobert's games cuz his team doesn't have a messy schedule. 

Having said all this. I understand your logic and great job.

• Thanks 1

He was a BEAST before that heel issue. Don't forget that 20-20 streak he had. 

Just rest through ASB big fella and help us win the championship next month 

Edited by Brandayz
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KuramaHiei said:

It's all about context and so many variables involved. I have made similar moves before that just wouldn't make sense in most other circumstances. I always considered the team's position and their team composition when I make those offers too. You don't want to make another team that's strong already and facing you in the playoffs who could use gobert's games cuz his team doesn't have a messy schedule. 

Having said all this. I understand your logic and great job.

Agreed , Gobert’s schedule is solid , just doesn’t work with mine.

i sent him to an owner that probably won’t make playoffs so it was calculated. 

I just hope capela is back to his top 25 ways come playoffs

On 1/31/2020 at 4:31 PM, Ganandorf said:

Would u consider trading him

If I got value sure, but I feel like he’ll be fine after rest. He was a monster before the heel issue.

• Like 1

I traded for this guy at the worst possible time. First comes this heel injury that he clearly needs rest for, and now all these trade rumors from multiple teams trying to get him. I think hell be a good fit for OKC since he used to play with CP3 and they have multiple guards, but idk how i feel about him if he ends up in Atlanta since John Collins is already there. Their games will probably negatively impact each other im assuming.

Edited by jay_00
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jay_00 said:

I traded for this guy at the worst possible time. First comes this heel injury that he clearly needs rest for, and now all these trade rumors from multiple teams trying to get him. I think hell be a good fit for OKC since he used to play with CP3 and they have multiple guards, but idk how i feel about him if he ends up in Atlanta since John Collins is already there. Their games will probably negatively impact each other im assuming.

I did the exact same thing! I cant imagine any situation being better then Houston but if it does happen as long as theres a star PG he'll be fine. I wonder if this holding out for heel injury is anything trade related or just pure injury...

32 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

I did the exact same thing! I cant imagine any situation being better then Houston but if it does happen as long as theres a star PG he'll be fine. I wonder if this holding out for heel injury is anything trade related or just pure injury...

Not even gonna lie, i did no research on him about his health. I just kinda assumed he was fine because he was putting up monster numbers on a regular basis and i didnt see any injury news under his blurbs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beejay6020 said:

Probably what it was. Fake injuries when jus getting ready for the next team

3 hours ago, jay_00 said:

Not even gonna lie, i did no research on him about his health. I just kinda assumed he was fine because he was putting up monster numbers on a regular basis and i didnt see any injury news under his blurbs.

Bright side is low usage guys like him shouldn't get affected much any team he's on.  I would say teams trading for him want him to do work, and he should just be about the same.  They're not payiing 20 mil to a guy they gave up assets for to just have him do center by committee.  He's also too good for that kinda setup.  Cody Zeller yes, you committee him, Capela you play him 30 minutes (unless it's small ball world). 

• Thanks 1

The Celtics have reportedly reached out to the Rockets regarding the availability of Clint Capela. This is from Woj. Kinda an awkward fit as Kemba is not really a pass first point guard and I dont see what Boston gives back that helps Houston

3 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

The Celtics have reportedly reached out to the Rockets regarding the availability of Clint Capela. This is from Woj. Kinda an awkward fit as Kemba is not really a pass first point guard and I dont see what Boston gives back that helps Houston

Simmons noted that they can give Hayward.  But Brian Windhorse told Bill Simmons on podcast that Celtics ain't trading Hayward but he won't give his sources.

Capela for Brown maybe?  idonno

Edited by NashNoTrash

And now, according to a report today coming from The Athletic’s Kelly Iko, Capela’s heel injury looks to be much worse than initially thought and could even be full-blown plantar fasciitis, an injury which could potentially last all season. According to Iko:

“From the looks of it, it doesn’t sound like this is a day-to-day situation for Capela, either. There’s a growing sense internally he could be out for a while, at least until after the All-Star break. Capela is said to be in pain daily, struggling to run early Friday morning before the Mavericks’ game. A collective coaching decision was made that day to rest him until he fully recovers.”

Fasciitis is one of those possibly lingering injuries that doesn’t go away and generally only gets better with substantial rest— the kind that only really happens in the offseason. Meaning that even when Capela does come back, he could still be dealing with this issue in some capacity.

I don't get at all why houston would want to trade this guy. Isn't he one of the young pivotal stars on that team that contributed to there success last couple years. I would think his more valuable than anyone not named harden on that team.

41 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

I don't get at all why houston would want to trade this guy. Isn't he one of the young pivotal stars on that team that contributed to there success last couple years. I would think his more valuable than anyone not named harden on that team.

He did kinda disappear in the playoffs I guess in consecutive seasons. He's their only trade piece though to add depth for playoffs.

Edited by DezedandConfused

Rockets trying to land Looney and RoCo, Capela would head to Atlanta. If not now Capela is done in Houston

1 hour ago, the1gq2nvy said:

cause Houston ain't trading Harden or Westbrook.  TBH I would trade them both for picks and Moray would be fired too ~

They need to strip this whole thing down if they want to win a championship

do you think this injury/potential new reports of plantar fasciitis will alter his trade value drastically? especially if a playoff team are pursuing him 

4 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

do you think this injury/potential new reports of plantar fasciitis will alter his trade value drastically? especially if a playoff team are pursuing him 

If he goes to Atlanta which has been reported he has time to rest. Not like Atlanta is going to the playoffs or starting him over Collins anyways.

56 minutes ago, NashNoTrash said:

cause Houston ain't trading Harden or Westbrook.  TBH I would trade them both for picks and Moray would be fired too ~

They need to strip this whole thing down if they want to win a championship

Houston just aint winning a chip anytime soon . Even if they trade Capela for other pieces . They got worse and worse as the years passed bye , instead of getting better . Their best version imo was with CP3 , when they almost beat GS in the playoffs but Paul got injured (they had a great defense that year) . What was that 2 or 3 years ago my memory is foggy . And as far as Westbrook , trade him for what no one would take him . I feel like the Rockets will be stuck in limbo for another couple years 

Rockets coach Mike D'Antoni said he heard that Clint Capela is "getting better."

D'Antoni also said that Capela could play one game during the upcoming back-to-back set on Thursday and Friday, but of course he could be traded by then -- it sounds like the Hawks are making an aggressive push to grab him. His fantasy value should be safe elsewhere, so his fantasy owners should just be relieved he's closing in on a return.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Rockets coach Mike D'Antoni said he heard that Clint Capela is "getting better."

D'Antoni also said that Capela could play one game during the upcoming back-to-back set on Thursday and Friday, but of course he could be traded by then -- it sounds like the Hawks are making an aggressive push to grab him. His fantasy value should be safe elsewhere, so his fantasy owners should just be relieved he's closing in on a return.

Of course he would say that if hes trying to get capela traded. 

I'm still trying to gauge if hes healthy or not. If he gets traded to the hawks I may trade him away as hawks may not be in the race for the playoffs

9 minutes ago, Ganandorf said:

Of course he would say that if hes trying to get capela traded. 

I'm still trying to gauge if hes healthy or not. If he gets traded to the hawks I may trade him away as hawks may not be in the race for the playoffs

Teams also give physicals before any trade is completed so..