MrBr0wn

Clint Capela 2019-2020 Outlook

this guy may be a drop for those in early playoffs. he's likely looking at a minutes restrictions anyway when he comes back at the end of feb right?

Doubt he plays again. Big dudes and foot injuries are like fire and gas. Capela is young and under contract plus Hawks are garbage and want those lottery balls

1 minute ago, RedMamba said:

Is this a trustworthy source?

Ya that guy is a beat writer for the team. As reliable as it gets.

Pierce said his guess was that he expected Clint Capela to miss 7 to 10 games.
Edited by the1gq2nvy
  • Thanks 1

If you’re comfortable in the standings I believe he’s still a hold in hopes he’s back by the beginning of fantasy playoffs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gmoneyb said:

If you’re comfortable in the standings I believe he’s still a hold in hopes he’s back by the beginning of fantasy playoffs.

Just letting him marinate on my IR , but I definitely concur with your post 

• Like 1

wrong thread

Edited by IDatDude

Point is Lloyd Pierce said "Weeks" before he will play. Point is he's going to play this season. And if you're comfortable in the standings he'll be back for the playoffs.

Currently in 2nd place, although I may drop a few in standings due to my team being annihilated by injuries.

However, I am still holding in 1/2 of my IL spots unless there is news of him missing time during the fantasy playoffs (Week 22-24). 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UGETTINMAD said:

They ramping up his non contact work and doing sprints now. 
2 MORE WEEKS??

Yeh was kind of contradicting they said no return date right now but ramped up doing sprints and missed 4 of the expected 7-10 games. I assume they’ll ramp it up over next week and then reevaluate how he pulls up. If he pulls up well late next week return wouldn’t surprise me. But if flares up then could be a goner. 

loyd Pierce speculated that Clint Capela (plantar fasciitis) may be able to the court by mid-March, but added that getting him back to 100% is the main goal and they won't rush his return.

"He felt he came back too soon, and re-injured it, now he’s being cautious," Pierce said. "He thought it was a setback when he re-injured it as opposed to just coming back and taking his time and letting it completely heal." Capela will be re-evaluated on March 4, but it sounds like we might not see him until March 11 at home vs. the Knicks, and that's not a guarantee. Hopefully, he'll make it back to the court in time for the fantasy playoffs.

Feb 27, 2020, 10:53 AM ET

11 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

loyd Pierce speculated that Clint Capela (plantar fasciitis) may be able to the court by mid-March, but added that getting him back to 100% is the main goal and they won't rush his return.

"He felt he came back too soon, and re-injured it, now he’s being cautious," Pierce said. "He thought it was a setback when he re-injured it as opposed to just coming back and taking his time and letting it completely heal." Capela will be re-evaluated on March 4, but it sounds like we might not see him until March 11 at home vs. the Knicks, and that's not a guarantee. Hopefully, he'll make it back to the court in time for the fantasy playoffs.

Feb 27, 2020, 10:53 AM ET

That's Week 21 and default playoffs don't begin until Week 22 (hopefully you have a first round bye).

Might as well hold if you have an IR, but he's a tough hold if you don't and are fighting for the playoffs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RLDN106 said:

That's Week 21 and default playoffs don't begin until Week 22 (hopefully you have a first round bye).

Might as well hold if you have an IR, but he's a tough hold if you don't and are fighting for the playoffs.

that'll be the second week of my round 1 playoff matchup.. phwoar could be just in time if that holds true. the first year ive brought our playoffs forward to avoid silly season and its probably been the worst year injury wise!

• Like 1

I traded for Capela after those 5 block performances he had, and he hasnt played a single for me (gave up Aldridge). I just traded for Lebron and he already sits out a game. This 1 team i have just cant catch a break with trades. I also traded Middleton for Vanvleet in that same league which was a disaster of a deal so far as well. My other leagues my trades have been amazing for me, but this league everything seems to go wrong.

22 minutes ago, jay_00 said:

I traded for Capela after those 5 block performances he had, and he hasnt played a single for me (gave up Aldridge). I just traded for Lebron and he already sits out a game. This 1 team i have just cant catch a break with trades. I also traded Middleton for Vanvleet in that same league which was a disaster of a deal so far as well. My other leagues my trades have been amazing for me, but this league everything seems to go wrong.

One of those years man. I waited half the season to bring Zion off my IR, traded him for capela after a few games just in case he got reinjured or managed and ended up with a guy to put straight back on my IR 

1 hour ago, jay_00 said:

40 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

One of those years man. I waited half the season to bring Zion off my IR, traded him for capela after a few games just in case he got reinjured or managed and ended up with a guy to put straight back on my IR 

What is this huh ? ... “The Jay Cool Story Fan Club”  Lmao 

Just messing guys , carry on 😂

34 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

not like we have stats to talk about haha

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Wouldnt this be the opposite of a cool story? might as well be the sad story fan club

• Like 1

2 more weeks does not mean return...at that point there isn't much weeks left. He will need time to do full practice...i can see him being shut down still