Sign in to follow this  
jclee4

Devin Smith 2019 Outlook

Interesting write up I came across regarding Smith and today's game.

Edited by jclee4
Misspelled words
  • Thanks 1

Tavon Austin was also just ruled out. Cowboys have a lot of people down now. This is getting interesting 

Unfortunate he didn't produce a TD or manage to get more of those deep passes he can earn with his speed, but I'm holding for now.  Flex play if the matchup is right. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Could he be a decent play against a horrid Eagles secondary if Cooper and Cobb are both out?

I have to imagine you'd have better options

7 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

I have to imagine you'd have better options

Agree...Has to be better options.

I think Cedrick Wilson may have passed him on the depth chart anyways.  Even Tavon Austin might be a better play.

On 10/16/2019 at 12:42 PM, iretirefromfantasy said:

Could he be a decent play against a horrid Eagles secondary if Cooper and Cobb are both out?

Cowboy fan here. I actually think he could be a sneaky good play this week, depending on what kind of league we're talking.

Tavon Austin and Cedrick Wilson are more like slot guys who can fill in for Cobb and also return punts. Smith seems the more natural fill-in for Amari Cooper on the perimeter, just like he filled in for Gallup when he went down. And while the Eagles have been solid against slot receivers this year they're getting burned on the outside. Combine that with the fact that the secondary will likely focus on Gallup and you could have a deep deep sleeper in Devin Smith, and all he needs is one 50 yard bomb TD to be relevant. 

• Like 1

I had the choice of adding Smith or Austin in my PPR league to replace Cooper because the waiver wire was barren and I chose Smith.  Austin will probably be good for 8-10 points but I just think that Smith has more big play potential and as stated, Gallup will be the focal point of the Eagles secondary.