tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 4

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 4

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 4 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

1 hour ago, emd023 said:

What are everyone's thoughts on Darrell Williams? Is he worth picking up? What about for Damien Williams owners?

I think he makes most sense for Mccoy/Damien Williams owners.

I mean, the guy is only going to have value if one of those guys are out.  If they're both healthy he'll most likely barely see the field.  He basically needs 2 injuries to really get interesting.

6 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I think he makes most sense for Mccoy/Damien Williams owners.

I mean, the guy is only going to have value if one of those guys are out.  If they're both healthy he'll most likely barely see the field.  He basically needs 2 injuries to really get interesting.

He already basically has 1.5 though. Damien is not coming back anytime soon IMO and Shady is already banged up. League size dependent but he definitely could help some teams in the near future. 

1 hour ago, phisouza33 said:

Who’s grabbing Herndon? 

To me he's just a streamer.  Outside of deep leagues (14-teamers) or TE premium leagues I haven't seen the appeal of holding this guy for all this time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hard1 said:

Stand alone couple point games?

He's averaged 11+ the past two weeks. Look I'm not saying roll him out there as your RB2, but a guy like Malcolm Brown's ownership is MUCH higher, and if something were to happen to Gurley he still has Henderson to contend with who's a better talent. Williams has no such concern.  

I don't get Gallman. Their OL blows and I think they'll be passing quite a lot in the end zone. Tate I get.

I would add McCoy if still avail, Burkhead, Mattison for deeper leagues where you can stash him if Cook gets hurt. Also any other KC RB available.

WRs, Algohor and Dorsett, Gabriel pending his health, Amendola and Humphries and any KC WR available in deeper leagues.

TEs, wow almost nothing lol. Knox is interesting if you're desperate. Maybe Witten if still there.

1 minute ago, bomont said:

I don't get Gallman. Their OL blows and I think they'll be passing quite a lot in the end zone. Tate I get.

I would add McCoy if still avail, Burkhead, Mattison for deeper leagues where you can stash him if Cook gets hurt. Also any other KC RB available.

WRs, Algohor and Dorsett, Gabriel pending his health, Amendola and Humphries and any KC WR available in deeper leagues.

TEs, wow almost nothing lol. Knox is interesting if you're desperate. Maybe Witten if still there.

McCoy is owned in like 85%+ of leagues. Gallman is easily the player looking at the most opportunity still available in most people’s leagues here. Not sure who your post is meant for.

2 minutes ago, bomont said:

The Giants O-Line isn’t as bad as it used to be, and he can catch passes. Serviceable flex based on volume alone. Not a league winner, but he doesn’t have to be... he’s basically Peyton Barber, only a better pass catcher, and without Ronald Jones.

McCoy... As in Lesean? He was drafted in every league.

1 minute ago, smeeze said:

McCoy is owned in like 85%+ of leagues.

Where did you get that stat?

Gallman is easily the player looking at the most opportunity still available in most people’s leagues here. 

Drake has opportunity too but nobody is talking about him. It isn't only about opportunity. Bad team, bad OL, iffy RB doesn't make for a good combo or necessarily a good pickup. if you have a worthless RB to dump it's worth a flyer but depends on who you're dumping. 

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

The Giants O-Line isn’t as bad as it used to be, and he can catch passes. Serviceable flex based on volume alone. Not a league winner, but he doesn’t have to be... he’s basically Peyton Barber, only a better pass catcher, and without Ronald Jones.

I haven't seen a ton of it but what I have seen suggests it isn't much better. Didn't know about his pass-catching, thanks.

McCoy... As in Lesean? He was drafted in every league.

What other McCoy could I mean? He was not drafted in every league or even close. He was signed around what, Sept 1st? I think it's safe to say most drafts (or at least the majority) were over by that time.  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bomont said:

Where did you get that stat?

Drake has opportunity too but nobody is talking about him. It isn't only about opportunity. Bad team, bad OL, iffy RB doesn't make for a good combo or necessarily a good pickup. if you have a worthless RB to dump it's worth a flyer but depends on who you're dumping. 

NFL.com/fantasy

Drake is owned in 70%+ as well. Not really waiver touts.

Thanks - well that's for the ones where they aren't :) (I'm in a 10 team league so maybe some of those, depending how deep rosters are) 

2 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

To me he's just a streamer.  Outside of deep leagues (14-teamers) or TE premium leagues I haven't seen the appeal of holding this guy for all this time.

Why so low on him? I’d take him over hock at this point 

3 hours ago, bomont said:

Their oline is good as a run blocking unit.

3 hours ago, bomont said:

Colt McCoy has been done. 

• Haha 1

Irv Smith Jr.

• Like 1

Danny Amendola in deeper PPR leagues. Targets have varied greatly (13, 1, 5) but Stafford should be throwing a ton vs. Kansas City. Hockenson could come to life in this game too if you've written him off for dead.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 8:08 PM, KA13 said:

Jacoby Brissett - While Brissett isn't a flashy pickup, he has been quietly consistent. Brissett has thrown for atleast 2 TDs in every game so far, and his upcoming matchups is very exploitable, playing the Raiders and Chiefs next two weeks respectively. Although he may be without TY Hilton, he is still streamer worthy due to the favorable matchups. 

I think I may start him over Wentz this week. And I’d go as far to say he’s more than a streamer going forward. Not only are his upcoming matchups exploitable the Colts schedule in general is. After these next two games  and their bye they face Houston, Denver, at Pitt and home against Miami. And they still have a top 3 offensive line. 

Edited by Cheppy

36 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

Any love for Dawson Knox?

Worth a shot for those that waited on TE or ended up with someone like cook or bagger vance. Knox could end up being a dud but his play last week is intriguing. Not to be csb but dropped vance to pick him up and trotting him out this week 

42 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

Any love for Dawson Knox?

Was last week numbers fools gold? I'm just curious. I wanna pick him up but he literally had 2 points the 2 weeks prior. What made his numbers pop week 3?

15 minutes ago, savagenatn said:

Worth a shot for those that waited on TE or ended up with someone like cook or bagger vance. Knox could end up being a dud but his play last week is intriguing. Not to be csb but dropped vance to pick him up and trotting him out this week 

I like Knox in a game where you have to think they’ll need to throw to catch up..  but I also like Ebron if he’s out there (as he is in our league) especially this week against OAK with Hilton looking doubtful 

• Like 2