tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 4

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 4

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 4 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

6 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Hilton doubtful. Parris Campbell?

I'd bet on Deon Cain before I'd bet on Campbell.  Cain's been getting more snaps.  But either is probably a desperation play.  Interesting in DFS maybe.

• Like 1

Following players could have big role due to injuries. 

Dorsett

Inman

Cain 

Campbell 

• Like 1

Albert Wilson - Miami, if he plays.

He played 7 games last year before getting hurt and has on pace for 59/894/9 (with a couple huge games in there), which would be good for WR21 in half PPR over the full season.

This year he played two drives against Baltimore before getting hurt and he was getting fed on those drives (4 touches on 6 snaps):

Drive 1

Ryan Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short right intended for Preston Williams
Ryan Fitzpatrick pass complete short right to Albert Wilson for 12 yards (tackle by Kenny Young)
Kalen Ballage up the middle for 4 yards (tackle by Pernell McPhee and Brandon Williams)
Ryan Fitzpatrick pass deep right intended for Kenyan Drake is intercepted by Earl Thomas at BAL-39 and returned for 14 yards

Drive 2

Ryan Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short right intended for Albert Wilson
Ryan Fitzpatrick pass complete short left to Kalen Ballage for 13 yards (tackle by Earl Thomas)
Albert Wilson up the middle for 1 yard (tackle by Tony Jefferson)
Kalen Ballage right end for -8 yards (tackle by Matt Judon)
Ryan Fitzpatrick pass complete short left to Albert Wilson for 1 yard (tackle by Patrick Onwuasor)

He's a slot receiver, short passing game option for a team that can't push the ball down the field and could have some value in PPR.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, genya said:

I wouldn't want any piece of a team that actively tries NOT to score.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

I wouldn't want any piece of a team that actively tries NOT to score.

Simple way of looking at it. But there are players who are giving all they have to be out there and compete. Albert Wilson is one of them. Crappy team or not. You might not find another free opportunity like this before the waiver period begins. Grab him now and cut later if you don’t like what you see. 

On 9/26/2019 at 5:03 PM, Mmiller186 said:

What do we think of Robbie Anderson if he was dropped early on? Darnold possibly coming back week 5, plus look at his schedule 2nd half of season... could be a league winner if everyone stays healthy.

On 9/26/2019 at 5:22 PM, Trifecta said:

Robbie Anderson is in no way, shape, or form a league winner.  Won't hate on adding him where he was dropped, just putting things into perspective.

The Jets have a very light schedule in November until the fantasy playoffs:  Dolphins, Giants, Redskins, Raiders, Bengals, Dolphins.  I wouldn't call them league winners, but they'll be nice for getting you through bye weeks.  Herndon, Crowder, Robbie Anderson and Demaryius Thomas.  Obviously they're more in play in deeper leagues, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them being fantasy relevant...especially in a month or so when the schedule becomes "easy".

• Like 1

18 hours ago, genya said:

He played 7 games last year before getting hurt and has on pace for 59/894/9 (with a couple huge games in there), which would be good for WR21 in half PPR over the full season.

This year he played two drives against Baltimore before getting hurt and he was getting fed on those drives (4 touches on 6 snaps):

Drive 1

Ryan Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short right intended for Preston Williams
Ryan Fitzpatrick pass complete short right to Albert Wilson for 12 yards (tackle by Kenny Young)
Kalen Ballage up the middle for 4 yards (tackle by Pernell McPhee and Brandon Williams)
Ryan Fitzpatrick pass deep right intended for Kenyan Drake is intercepted by Earl Thomas at BAL-39 and returned for 14 yards

Drive 2

Ryan Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short right intended for Albert Wilson
Ryan Fitzpatrick pass complete short left to Kalen Ballage for 13 yards (tackle by Earl Thomas)
Albert Wilson up the middle for 1 yard (tackle by Tony Jefferson)
Kalen Ballage right end for -8 yards (tackle by Matt Judon)
Ryan Fitzpatrick pass complete short left to Albert Wilson for 1 yard (tackle by Patrick Onwuasor)

He's a slot receiver, short passing game option for a team that can't push the ball down the field and could have some value in PPR.

Albert Wilson is not terrible pick to stash on your bench. However,  how comfortable are you going to be starting him. Also, one factor you forgot is that Adam Gase is no lo ger with the team. He was the primary reason Wilson went off. Gase is no longer there now, so not sure how they will use him. And I drafted Wilson with my last pick. But he has been removed for a much higher upside player.

1 hour ago, Trade Monster said:

Albert Wilson is not terrible pick to stash on your bench. However,  how comfortable are you going to be starting him. Also, one factor you forgot is that Adam Gase is no lo ger with the team. He was the primary reason Wilson went off. Gase is no longer there now, so not sure how they will use him. And I drafted Wilson with my last pick. But he has been removed for a much higher upside player.

That is an amazingly helpful factor.

7 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

The Jets have a very light schedule in November until the fantasy playoffs:  Dolphins, Giants, Redskins, Raiders, Bengals, Dolphins.  I wouldn't call them league winners, but they'll be nice for getting you through bye weeks.  Herndon, Crowder, Robbie Anderson and Demaryius Thomas.  Obviously they're more in play in deeper leagues, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them being fantasy relevant...especially in a month or so when the schedule becomes "easy".

While this has intrigued me in Anderson’s possibilities, I have to offset that potential in my head with the additions this year of crowder and bell. Robby went off last year when there was McGuire and I don’t even know who.

1 hour ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

While this has intrigued me in Anderson’s possibilities, I have to offset that potential in my head with the additions this year of crowder and bell. Robby went off last year when there was McGuire and I don’t even know who.

I'd take Crowder and Herndon over Robby Anderson.  Robby will have his big games here and there, but I think most of the targets are going to go to either Crowder or Herndon...in a worst case fantasy scenario they will be split between them.  Demaryius Thomas might be some kind of wildcard too.