Zangief80

Wayne Gallman Jr 2019 Outlook

Just now, Nah85 said:

Nope not worth it unless you’re desperate.

Image result for what gif

Absolutely worth a speculative add.  High Ankle Sprains are no joke and Daniel Jones just revived this offense.
I'd also be on the look out for an Ajayi or CJ Anderson signing, but Gallman absolutely has to be picked up/owned this week.

• Like 2

I wouldn’t spend much, Barkley looking at week 6, but Gallman is a major drop off from the starter.

16 minutes ago, Nah85 said:

Nope not worth it unless you’re desperate.

He is worth it. That defensive front of TB was stout. Don't judge Gallman by his performance this week. He can run and catch the ball. He had 48 targets and 34 catches in 2017 in very limited work. His receiving ability will help set a nice floor.

Week 4: Washington has allowed 168 yards per game thru two weeks so far.

A starting RB with very little competition in the NFL is always worth it, even if its to just play keep away.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 2

If you’re not using a waiver on him, I’m honestly not sure who you WOULD use it on. Instantly the starter, likely near-bellcow touches. With Jones at least having the ability to move the ball, Gallman is absolutely worth it imo

• Like 1

Obviously it's league dependent, but shouldn't there be better waiver adds than this guy?  I mean, isn't there a reason why hardly any Barkley owners handcuffed him with this guy?  Wasn't the mantra "If Saquon goes down, you're not going to want this guy"?  He's not like a Malcolm Brown, Alexander Mattison, Jaylen Samuels, etc.  He seems...ordinary.  Sure, we're not expecting him to replicate Saquon's stats.  But are we just grabbing him because "he's the guy"?  If the Giants add another RB, which they surely will, then I'm not sure what the appeal would be.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, CooL said:

Obviously it's league dependent, but shouldn't there be better waiver adds than this guy?  I mean, isn't there a reason why hardly any Barkley owners handcuffed him with this guy?  Wasn't the mantra "If Saquon goes down, you're not going to want this guy"?  He's not like a Malcolm Brown, Alexander Mattison, Jaylen Samuels, etc.  He seems...ordinary.  Sure, we're not expecting him to replicate Saquon's stats.  But are we just grabbing him because "he's the guy"?  If the Giants add another RB, which they surely will, then I'm not sure what the appeal would be.

This is exactly where I am at. Giants bringing in another back (presumably), significantly hurts any value this guy could possibly have for Saquon owners.

He can play, the line is playing much better this year and there is literally nobody else in this backfield right now. I expect at least 10 carries and 4-6 targets per week...in deeper leagues that absolutely can matter for the next 6 weeks or so.

All i know about Gallman is that one owner (probably the Saquon owner) in each of my league will blow their FAAB budget on him this week. 

Opportunity means nothing if the talent isn't there.  How good is he?  From what I remember, when he did get an opportunity he was meh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kilo said:

Opportunity means nothing if the talent isn't there.  How good is he?  From what I remember, when he did get an opportunity he was meh

Agreed. Drake has plenty of opportunity but his team sucks and has been useless so far. Same with McCoy last year. Barber gets plenty of opportunity but he’s not good so he doesn’t produce most weeks. I’m having a hard time seeing Gallman as the top RB add this week because I don’t think he’s very good. 

• Like 1

Any starting RB is worth adding...unless he plays for the LOLphins. I don't expect much from Gallman, but he should be in the FLEX discussion while Barkley is out. In terms of targeting him, it really depends on who you're dropping. For example, I'm probably holding onto a Tevin Coleman type over him, but probably dropping someone like Latavius Murray (if I don't own Kamara) for him. 

2 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

Agreed. Drake has plenty of opportunity but his team sucks and has been useless so far. Same with McCoy last year. Barber gets plenty of opportunity but he’s not good so he doesn’t produce most weeks. I’m having a hard time seeing Gallman as the top RB add this week because I don’t think he’s very good. 

The Giants aren't NEARLY as bad as the LOLphins. Especially now that they have Jones under center and Shepherd back. Teams can't stack the line like they can with the Phins. 

7 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

When your RB consist of Mark Ingram (at least I got one!), James White (taking personal days), Devin Singletary (injured), Melvin Gordon (out), and Darwin Thompson (yep I'm really reaching here), a starting RB with little depth to share carries with and a mobile quarterback to open some things up definitely has value.

Who else is even there to add outside of him in 12+ team leagues?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tschwicht said:

When your RB consist of Mark Ingram (at least I got one!), James White (taking personal days), Devin Singletary (injured), Melvin Gordon (out), and Darwin Thompson (yep I'm really reaching here), a starting RB with little depth to share carries with and a mobile quarterback to open some things up definitely has value.

Yeah, I guess it depends on your team and league.  In my league, we have 1 RB and 2 flex positions.  As long as I have one good RB, I would rather flex a good WR or TE instead of gallman

If Barkley has a high ankle sprain he could be held out for quite some time.  You could have a few weeks of work for this guy.  I doubt he'll have any RB1 weeks but he has value as an add.

The biggest question, as some have noted, would be NYG adding another RB to take touches away.  But they aren't exactly in "win now" mode so they don't have the incentive to do that other teams would.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tschwicht said:

Agreed,my rb's in a 12 team are Chubb,Duke,R Jones(fingers crossed) and Samuels.I was able to add Gallman by moving Jalen Hurd to my IR slot.

What do we think the percentage of free agent dollars will be to add this guy?

My league is a 12 teamer but we start 2 flex spots so it plays more like a 14 teamer.

Have my eye on Gallman but not sure I'll want to likely bid 25-30% of my total to get him.  I don't overly need him although he'd be a nice flex play.

I'll probably pass on him as I spent a bit last week and probably need to save some funds.  I'm sure there will be some better. higher upside pickups down the road....we're only 3 weeks in.

I'm going for him because Jones looked amazing and I want a piece of this offense. If you need rb help you'd be dumb to not throw a bid or waiver in on him imo.