Zangief80

Wayne Gallman Jr 2019 Outlook

Just now, kball09 said:

Someone in my league is going to spend 50% FAAB on this dude, guaranteed

LOL, probably. Malcom went for about 20% in mine. The unknown here is what roster moves will be made. “We certainly believe in Wayne Gallman and that he’ll be able to step in and do his very best,” Shurmur said, via Tom Rock of Newsday. It's kind of like how a parent tells their average kid that they believe in them to do their best.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/23/pat-shurmur-we-certainly-believe-in-wayne-gallman/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The minute somebody spends a ton of FAAB on this guy, you know they’ll announce Wednesday afternoon that they’ve signed CJA. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

85% bid, he's going to get goalline and redzone work 

**Daniel Jones two rushing TDs**.. Evan Engram, Shepard, Tate the touchdown upside for Gallman really isn't going to be that substantial.. He may be decent in PPR with some mixture of rushing yards and dump offs but decent is his ceiling.

Edited by NyZD

13 minutes ago, CooL said:

The minute somebody spends a ton of FAAB on this guy, you know they’ll announce Wednesday afternoon that they’ve signed CJA. 

That's my fear. 

He’s a JAG for sure, but I think he’s worth a waiver claim just to own an extra starting RB on your bench as an upcoming bye week option.

I don’t see them signing CJA or anybody else, I think they’re pretty close to tanking and want to see what they have in Gallman to decide if he’s even worth a roster spot.

All I’m really asking from him is to give me the occasional 10 points a week. Just give me a little extra padding and let my studs take care of the rest. Doesn’t seem like too much to ask.

Edited by JDE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JDE said:

He’s a JAG for sure, but I think he’s worth a waiver claim just to own an extra starting RB on your bench as an upcoming bye week option.

I don’t see them signing CJA or anybody else, I think they’re pretty close to tanking and want to see what they have in Gallman to decide if he’s even worth a roster spot.

All I’m really asking from him is to give me the occasional 10 points a week. Just give me a little padding and let my studs take care of the rest. Doesn’t seem like too much to ask.

I’m a Barkley owner and my RBs byes are in 10 and 11. So won’t help me much unfortunately. That is a good idea though if you have players with earlier byes. They have to add a RB and I don’t think they are tanking. If they were they’d have left Eli starting. 

23 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I’m a Barkley owner and my RBs byes are in 10 and 11. So won’t help me much unfortunately. That is a good idea though if you have players with earlier byes. They have to add a RB and I don’t think they are tanking. If they were they’d have left Eli starting. 

I think even as a flex option it couldn’t hurt to have a guy who should be getting a decent volume of (mostly underwhelming) carries and probably some receptions as well.

I agree with the argument that he’s not that great, I just think with how quickly things can change in the the NFL having a guy on your bench that should be receiving a starter’s workload (at least in the near future) can only help navigate the bye weeks. 

Edited by JDE

19 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Some of y'all have never won a championship on the back of Alfred Morris, Tim Hightower, or Matt Asiata and it really shows.

I'll gladly be bidding on Gallman, but I'm keeping it reasonable, somewhere in the $8~18 range based on team needs. ($100 budget)

Exactly, don't forget Peyton Hillis, Thomas Rawls, etc.  Sometimes opportunity > talent

• Like 1

Anyone in NY area or follow the team, what is the likelihood that they sign someone. I could see them just seeing what they have or making a trade. TBH that division is pretty winable and they could try and win now. Giants have a pretty great line and could be explosive with Tate, Shephard, and Engram. Have #2 waiver and my rbs are jacobs and thompson. So yeah. 

1 hour ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Anyone in NY area or follow the team, what is the likelihood that they sign someone. I could see them just seeing what they have or making a trade. TBH that division is pretty winable and they could try and win now. Giants have a pretty great line and could be explosive with Tate, Shephard, and Engram. Have #2 waiver and my rbs are jacobs and thompson. So yeah. 

I can't answer your question about if they'll sign somebody or not. And I'm not going to tell you to use your number 2 spot. But in a 14 team league, I had the number 1 spot after the draft. I used it on scary Terry. I'm back up to number 4. If you can use him, do it. No sense holding onto your spot in the hopes someone better comes around in a few weeks. With the season so short, every win matters to get into the playoffs. 

Gallman was decent down the stretch of 2017.  Last 4 games he had 85 total yards per game, 4.6 ypc.  That OL was a train wreck.  This year the OL should be OK.

• Like 1

Caught 34 balls in his rookie year.  Obviously the ability to contribute in the passing game is a big part of a RB's floor.  Someone who has actually watched this guy play quite a bit: What's the story on this guy's pass protection, route running, and hands?  I haven't seen enough of him to judge him in the passing game on the eye test.  Thoughts appreciated.

7 hours ago, phillyfan461 said:

Exactly, don't forget Peyton Hillis, Thomas Rawls, etc.  Sometimes opportunity > talent

I can see Thomas Rawls getting inked. He had an impressive preseason.

3 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I'm Fallin for Gallmin. 

90% FAAB

Already used the other 10% on Mostert 

I'm using my #1. Jag or not, opportunities like this doesn't come often. I'm in this ride with all of you.

• Like 1

Look at his schedule, he has like one good matchup in those 8 weeks. With Jones being able to rush himself, he is not more than an RB3.

• Thanks 1

This guy isn't very good.  He should get touches, but I'm totally expecting the Giants to bring in someone to split the load or run on early downs with Gallman serving more as the receiving back in a committee.  He's totally worth an add, but I would not break the bank for him.

I own Barkley so I put in a FAAB bid for Gallman at only $2. I'm shocked but I got him so I'll take it for that amount. Not expecting much. Next highest bid was only one other person at $0 lol.

I agree that he's not worth a big spend, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants add somebody.

Can this guy catch?  3 receptions in week 1, and modest totals the last two years, but of course he wasn't playing full-time.   Does Danny Dimes check down?  Or does he tuck and run like a rookie typically would?