Zangief80

Wayne Gallman Jr 2019 Outlook

52 minutes ago, CooL said:

So surely they sign somebody. Let’s say it’s a passing down back. Does that temper our expectations and enthusiasm for this ordinary dude? First/second down, maybe goal line of Dimes doesn’t run it in himself? I think I’m going to lower my FAAB a little...

Did you think they weren’t going to bring someone in? Gallman and Penny are the only backs on the roster with Hilliman (legit don’t know who that is) on the practice squad. Can’t just be rolling into a real NFL game with that.

My guess is they’ll pick up a pass pro type guy.

He's just not that great. However, considering he's going to be the starting back for this team, he's undeniably the #1 pick up for this week. Don't be surprised if they sign a guy tho.. but I highly doubt it since the Giants aren't really looking to go anywhere this season.

question is, and hopefully this comes to light soon, are they working out guys just for depth, or looking for a starter (over Gallman)?

doesn't help for tonight's waiver choices.

17 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

question is, and hopefully this comes to light soon, are they working out guys just for depth, or looking for a starter (over Gallman)?

Based on the guys they’re working out (Zenner, Cunningham, Whittaker) it seems like they’re just looking for some depth. Somebody mentioned above that Gallman and Penny are the only active backs on the roster, so they’ll definitely need to sign somebody or at least promote a guy before Week 4.

If they were working out higher level guys (CJA, Ajayi, etc.) then I’d have some reasonable concern. But I really don’t think they’re searching for a replacement starter in what’s looking like a lost year.

Edited by JDE
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

If they thought there was someone better if Saquon ever got hurt, why wouldn’t they already be on the roster over Penny? Not like any of those names getting thrown around would have cost much.

• Like 1

I'm not buying it, gallman is fools gold.  As an owner of barkley, I am anticipating my league to,think I'm ready to sheep out and bid the farm on gallman, nope, zagging, gotta go Darrel with the ceiling.  End of csb, but the moral of the story, let ur league bid on gallman and you look elsewhere, he's not a barkley replacement imo 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

If they thought there was someone better if Saquon ever got hurt, why wouldn’t they already be on the roster over Penny? Not like any of those names getting thrown around would have cost much.

agree, just adding some texture for those concerned about the Giants adding depth and/or someone new taking over for Gallman in what hopefuly will only be a 5-6 week absence for Barkley.

A little help, what did the Giants backfield ever do before Barkley showed up?  Not much, the barkley era has us thinking 20 points is a lock each week if they play a full game, no, let your league mates fight this's one out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

A little help, what did the Giants backfield ever do before Barkley showed up?  Not much, the barkley era has us thinking 20 points is a lock each week if they play a full game, no, let your league mates fight this's one out

Literally no one thinks Gallman will produce Barkley numbers. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, JDE said:

Based on the guys they’re working out (Zenner, Cunningham, Whittaker) it seems like they’re just looking for some depth. Somebody mentioned above that Gallman and Penny are the only active backs on the roster, so they’ll definitely need to sign somebody or at least promote a guy before Week 4.

If they were working out higher level guys (CJA, Ajayi, etc.) then I’d have some reasonable concern. But I really don’t think they’re searching for a replacement starter in what’s looking like a lost year.

Why are so many people already saying this is a “lost year” for the Giants? Didn’t their exciting top draft pick just bring them to a thrilling victory? Isn’t there some reason for optimism? Ir just because Barkley’s done, they’re going to pack it in? Should his owners be doing the same as well? I don’t see why people expect them not to try to win. 

Gallman is serviceable but not great. If he’s only getting two downs, then he’s essentially Peyton Barber. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CooL said:

Why are so many people already saying this is a “lost year” for the Giants? Didn’t their exciting top draft pick just bring them to a thrilling victory? Isn’t there some reason for optimism? Ir just because Barkley’s done, they’re going to pack it in? Should his owners be doing the same as well? I don’t see why people expect them not to try to win. 

Gallman is serviceable but not great. If he’s only getting two downs, then he’s essentially Peyton Barber. 

This is exactly what you're getting.

5 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Literally no one thinks Gallman will produce Barkley numbers. 

I think what he was saying that NY rbs prior to Barkley were barely rostable.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

Is there a reason you think he won't be the preferred pass catching back? He has 51 career receptions (34 his rookie year) on 74 targets as a part time player over three years which to me seems like 3rd down work might be his strength. 

1 minute ago, AJ92 said:

Is there a reason you think he won't be the preferred pass catching back? He has 51 career receptions (34 his rookie year) on 74 targets as a part time player over three years which to me seems like 3rd down work might be his strength. 

I’m quite certain I remember reading that was one of his main strengths coming out of college, was his pass catching ability. I’m probably gonna send about half of my remaining FAAB $ at him.

8 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

I think what he was saying that NY rbs prior to Barkley were barely rostable.

Yes, and it's the perfect opportunity to look elsewhere and let your leaguemate blow their faab on gallman,

19 minutes ago, CooL said:

I’m actually a Giants fan too, but a lot of us have felt it’s been a lost season even before the Barkley injury.

Jones did look amazing, which was very promising because many (myself included) questioned him as the choice of our next franchise QB, but he showed he’s going to work his a** off and looks like he has the talent and skillset to succeed.

But Jones performance doesn’t cover the fact that we have a bottom 5 defense and one of the weaker receiving groups in the league. Not exactly a winning formula for a rookie QB who just lost arguably the best running back in the game.

And they didn’t win that game as much as Byron Leftwich and the Bucs kicker lost it. So while it was exciting, and a lot of fun to watch, it wasn’t exactly an overtime thriller against Dallas. It was against a team that would be 0-3 if they didn’t face off against a crippled Cam Newton.

I’ll bleed blue until the day I die, but I’m a realist, especially when I’m analyzing the team from a fantasy perspective. This year is about developing Daniel Jones and working on the offensive line’s chemistry. The NFC is absolutely stacked, nobody’s  expecting a championship run.

Edited by JDE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CooL said:

1 hour ago, munde53 said:

This is exactly what you're getting.

Come on guys...LOL.. Gallman is way better than Peyton Barber and will outproduce him because unlike Barber, Gallman will be an asset in the passing game.

1 hour ago, JDE said:

But Jones performance doesn’t cover the fact that we have a bottom 5 defense and one of the weaker receiving groups in the league. ...

If Tate III returns in fair health, is a trio of Shepard, Engram, and Tate III really that bad?

Guys,

New York’s savior Danny Dimes is going to turn this team into a big fantasy output all season long.  Gallman will receive the protection that comes from having an all world passing threat with wheels.  Think Russell Wilson/Chris Carson but with receivers that are actually worth a s---.  That s--- should get you harder than Jerry Sandusky on a Saturday afternoon inside a Chuck E Cheese. 

It’s just a six week stint but it’s imperative you spend the FAAB on this guy now.  The situation is just TOOOOO SWEEEET

49 minutes ago, Maroney's Bolgna said:

If Tate III returns in fair health, is a trio of Shepard, Engram, and Tate III really that bad?

Yeah I may have exaggerated the weakness of their receiving core, I’m just still a little unsure how Golden Tate’s going to factor into the offense, as he was essentially nonexistent on the Eagles, but if he can prove to be a competent and reliable WR then they’ll be better than I was giving them credit for.

That defense is just atrocious though, can’t really hope for a winning season with that unit out there.

51 minutes ago, Skoodog said:

Guys,

New York’s savior Danny Dimes is going to turn this team into a big fantasy output all season long.  Gallman will receive the protection that comes from having an all world passing threat with wheels.  Think Russell Wilson/Chris Carson but with receivers that are actually worth a s---.  That s--- should get you harder than Jerry Sandusky on a Saturday afternoon inside a Chuck E Cheese. 

It’s just a six week stint but it’s imperative you spend the FAAB on this guy now.  The situation is just TOOOOO SWEEEET

You got a lotta gall, man.

• Haha 4