15 minutes ago, Proteus said:

You got a lotta gall, man.

he’s a sea-gall-man. 

spacer.png

Edited by Members_Only_76
  • Haha 1

Did some research, thought I would share. Here's his highlights from Clemson: 

6 foot 216 pounds 

Guy looks legit on the highlight reel. Was on the same team as Deshaun Watson when they lost to Bama in the 2016 championship. He didn't have a great game in the championship where they scored 40 points, but not too bad: 

14rushes 45yrds 3.2avg 1TD
3rec 61yrds 20.3avg 0tds 39long

College:

Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
Career Clemson         675 3416 5.1 34 66 486 7.4 2 741 3902 5.3 36
*2014 Clemson ACC FR RB 13 161 769 4.8 4 24 108 4.5 1 185 877 4.7 5
*2015 Clemson ACC SO RB 14 282 1514 5.4 13 22 226 10.3 1 304 1740 5.7 14
*2016 Clemson ACC JR RB 15 232 1133 4.9 17 20 152 7.6 0 252 1285 5.1 17

NFL:

ATT YDS AVG TD LNG REC YDS AVG TD LNG FUM LST
169 682 4.0 2 24 51 306 6.0 1 21 5 2

Pros/upside/optimistic: 15-20 touches per game with the goal line work on a team that may be average on offense. In a 14 team league where the RB status on free agency is: Chase Edmunds and Dare Ogunbuwale -

I think I have to use my #1 waiver on him. I already have Latavius Murray, Dion Lewis, Gio bernard, Malcom Brown, Ito Smith and Darrell Williams on my bench (behind James Conner and Austin Ekeler). So if they are owned, Gallman should be worth a #1 waiver pickup, right? Who am I waiting for to get hurt and use my waiver on? David Johnson to get hurt to pickup Chase Edmunds? Would he Edmunds be better than Gallman? Maybe someone more of a long term injury for a "rest of season" add (like Dare or Chase I guess?)

Cons/downside/pessimistic: 5-10 touches per game after a signing of CJ Anderson/someone else on a bad team that's playing from behind often. Giants schedule isn't great after Washington this week. Minn and NE are the next two. Arizona Detroit Dallas aren't horrible matchups but not amazing after those 2. Then the Jets and a bye before Saquan is back. He hasn't wowed anyone in the NFL, In half point PPR he might not even start for my team for the period that Saquan is even out, meaning a #1 waiver pick would be used on nothing. Should wait to use #1 waiver on a player who you will play after Austin Ekeler may lose touches to Gordon/ wait for someone who will play in the championship.

Edited by NolanRyan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NolanRyan said:

Pros/upside/optimistic: 15-20 touches per game with the goal line work on a team that may be average on offense. In a 14 team league where the RB status on free agency is: Chase Edmunds and Dare Ogunbuwale -

I think I have to use my #1 waiver on him. I already have Latavius Murray, Dion Lewis, Gio bernard, Malcom Brown, Ito Smith and Darrell Williams on my bench (behind James Conner and Austin Ekeler). So if they are owned, Gallman should be worth a #1 waiver pickup, right? Who am I waiting for to get hurt and use my waiver on? David Johnson to get hurt to pickup Chase Edmunds? Would he Edmunds be better than Gallman? Maybe someone more of a long term injury for a "rest of season" add (like Dare or Chase I guess?)

Players emerge down the stretch.  And sometimes #1 spot could be used to block off your opponent to pick up key pieces for the playoffs.

I got him for $33 out of $100 in my 12 man PPR (I’m the Saquon owner).  All things considered I still feel bad about it.  Feels like it will be a waste for sure 

Edited by dlionsfan901

7 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Gallman went for $70 in my league last night.  How much did he go for in yours?

I got him with $65.  Don't feel bad about it either.

He went for 25% on $100 budget. There was only one bid, so obviously they overpaid. He's an easy pass for me. Even if he does something, I don't expect it to be any better than the guys I have on my bench. Too much unknown right now with Gallman.

Just now, FitzMagic said:

He went for 25% on $100 budget. There was only one bid, so obviously they overpaid. He's an easy pass for me. Even if he does something, I don't expect it to be any better than the guys I have on my bench. Too much unknown right now with Gallman.

You don't do blind bidding?  Interesting.  What site do you use?

Gallman is nothing special. He had opportunities in the past as the lead back and did nothing great.

• Like 1

Just now, FitzMagic said:

Similar experience for my team and FAAB league.  27% took him. I put in a token bid.  This guy seems to have like RB22 ceiling and may split work with others. Though I did bag him with a high wire position in another league so who knows.  The intriguing thing about him is his pass catching ability.  If he's a featured pass catcher the game flow problems are less worrisome. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

It's blind bidding. There were three bids placed, but the rest were under $10.

15 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

On Yahoo, it's blind bidding of course, but after waivers clear, you can see what everybody else bid on people.

Gallman went for $40 in my league on a $100 budget.  Next highest bid was $32.  Either guys were really interested and bid big, or everybody just ignored.  I think he's going to be serviceable, although obviously not a league winner which usually we see for these super high bids.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Gallman is nothing special. He had opportunities in the past as the lead back and did nothing great.

When was that exactly?

In 2017 as a rookie he was the lead Giants RB (Darkwa was the “main guy” at that time) in touches for by my count 4 games and averaged:

10.3/40.7/0 and 6.0/37.3/0.3 for an average of 12.3 fantasy points in a 0.5 PPR.

People are really down on this guy’s for talent for some reason I don’t truly understand. All of the footage I’ve seen of him from Clemson and the NFL is promising. He’s nimble, cuts quickly, and is patient for holes and hits them hard.

Plus whoever compared him to Peyton Barber is off their actual rocker. One of Gallman’s biggest strengths is his pass catching ability. He averaged almost three catches a game as a rookie backup.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

show us the stats please...

So, those of you who picked up this cat, are you guys starting him this week? He's got a juicy matchup vs the Skins. Who are you starting him over? It's hard to be down on anyone who's going to be the starting RB at this point. I'm optimistic on his outlook, just not sure if I should sit him and see how he does this week.

1 minute ago, RoseLin23 said:

So, those of you who picked up this cat, are you guys starting him this week? He's got a juicy matchup vs the Skins. Who are you starting him over? It's hard to be down on anyone who's going to be the starting RB at this point. I'm optimistic on his outlook, just not sure if I should sit him and see how he does this week.

Sure am. Starting over Cohen.

Edited by cnewbykkn

2 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Starting him over Sony Michel and Carlos Hyde in one of my leagues

In my other one, im benching Aaron Jones for this guy. Hopefully he produces better numbers 

1 minute ago, jpark211 said:

Starting him over Sony Michel and Carlos Hyde in one of my leagues

In my other one, im benching Aaron Jones for this guy. Hopefully he produces better numbers 

Wow. Hyde is the only one Id bench for him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Wow. Hyde is the only one Id bench for him

Guess im playing the matchups. TNF is never really friendly for fantasy purposes.... Michel is also against a tough BUF def....

9 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

There schedule sucks real soon (Vikings/Pats), so yeah, if you bidded high on him you might as well play him now vs the Skins

• Haha 1

You guys do realize he was outplayed by Orleans darkwa two years ago. He’s terrible. What’s going to happen is jones is going to vulture most of the red zone tds with his legs just like he did last week. 

• Like 1

Just now, StevenSC400 said:

You guys do realize he was outplayed by Orleans darkwa two years ago. He’s terrible. What’s going to happen is jones is going to vulture most of the red zone tds with his legs just like he did last week. 

That was his rookie year and he started ONE game. 

• Like 1