Zangief80

Wayne Gallman Jr 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

You guys do realize he was outplayed by Orleans darkwa two years ago. He’s terrible. What’s going to happen is jones is going to vulture most of the red zone tds with his legs just like he did last week. 

It was his rookie year. He may have improved since then. I think it’s positive that the team kept him this year. The coach and gm have no ties to him but they decided he was the best to back up Saquon.

Jones may vulture him but I’m not going to write him off without seeing him this weekend. 

• Like 2

Just now, Gmen07 said:

It was his rookie year. He may have improved since then. I think it’s positive that the team kept him this year. The coach and gm have no ties to him but they decided he was the best to back up Saquon.

Jones may vulture him but I’m not going to write him off without seeing him this weekend. 

If we are logical, a team that sucks like the Giants wouldn't give Saquon as much volume as he's gotten in his first two seasons. When a team believes in their backups they aren't going to run their stud into the dirt with nothing on the line. If the Giants were any good with Saquon I think it would have made sense to run him in this fashion though. The Cowboys were in contention for the playoffs or made the playoffs in all of Zeke's seasons so far. It made sense to use him in that reckless fashion.

32 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

If we are logical, a team that sucks like the Giants wouldn't give Saquon as much volume as he's gotten in his first two seasons. When a team believes in their backups they aren't going to run their stud into the dirt with nothing on the line. If the Giants were any good with Saquon I think it would have made sense to run him in this fashion though. The Cowboys were in contention for the playoffs or made the playoffs in all of Zeke's seasons so far. It made sense to use him in that reckless fashion.

I disagree. You draft saquon at 2 because you intend to use him. He’s a generational talent. The team isn’t going to “save” him until they’re better.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Well he ended up on 5 of my rosters... idk how I feel about it

I think I know...

c0zb1.jpg

You better be starting him this week though, because the schedule is only going to get tougher.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, cnewbykkn said:

Sure am. Starting over Cohen.

LOL, that's quite an endorsement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I trust Wayne Gacy more than I trust this pig dog.......

• Haha 2

Threw a good chunk of my remaining FAAB at him. I’ve noticed waiver wire finds slim down quick every season. Gotta make moves fast and early. Even if you feel like you just gave away that money like I do with Gallman 😂 

Anyways, one can hope, and he is locked in to my flex regardless of free agent signings. Don’t you dare hurt me.

Jones is more than capable which really helps. If this was still Eli it'd be such a dumpster fire I'm not sure he'd even be worth owning. On volume alone you'd have to say he's a low-end RB2. 

He is going to be run until the wheels fall off.....

They had to try and limit Saquan, because he is the future.     Gallman....Nope,   they are going to run him a TON.   Because once Barkley is back, he is no longer needed, plus they have a new QB and he is going to have to have a little time to develop.

I see him as the next few weeks  Poor Man's -  Marlon Mack

Start him as RB2 or Flex as needed.

1 hour ago, Sivaro said:

He is going to be run until the wheels fall off.....

They had to try and limit Saquan, because he is the future.     Gallman....Nope,   they are going to run him a TON.   Because once Barkley is back, he is no longer needed, plus they have a new QB and he is going to have to have a little time to develop.

I see him as the next few weeks  Poor Man's -  Marlon Mack

Start him as RB2 or Flex as needed.

They're going to run him a ton? No they are not. He couldn't see the field over Darkwa that tells you plenty, he may be a solid play in PPR in your flex slot from a few dump offs from Jones. Sorry to rain on your parades ☹️.. If I'm wrong feel free to quote me and call me an idiot but I highly doubt it have seen enough of him. Also his touchdown upside in the redzone is very very very low so he better be catching 4-5 balls a game..

Edited by NyZD

1 hour ago, NyZD said:

...he better be catching 4-5 balls a game..

Weeks 14,15,16 in 2017 he had 7,6, and 6 receptions - obviously a while ago, different circumstances, but...

{imagine Lloyd Christmas image here}

4 minutes ago, Maroney's Bolgna said:

Weeks 14,15,16 in 2017 he had 7,6, and 6 receptions - obviously a while ago, different circumstances, but...

{imagine Lloyd Christmas image here}

giphy.gif

• Like 3

I just don't see the harm in picking up a guy that will get the bulk of the carries on any team to at least see what will happen. If you don't want him, don't pick him up. If you have a bench spot and just want to see what happens, then pick him up. It hurts nothing. Why bash him when he hasn't even had the chance to show anything in a feature role. I added him just to block my opponent this week who has Barkley and scrub backups. If he sucks, he's back to the wire and no harm done. If he shows life, then even better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, laracco said:

I just don't see the harm in picking up a guy that will get the bulk of the carries on any team to at least see what will happen. If you don't want him, don't pick him up. If you have a bench spot and just want to see what happens, then pick him up. It hurts nothing. Why bash him when he hasn't even had the chance to show anything in a feature role. I added him just to block my opponent this week who has Barkley and scrub backups. If he sucks, he's back to the wire and no harm done. If he shows life, then even better.

Good post pal, I’ll add that when Orleans Darkwa took the job Galman was a 22 year old kid who has grown into a 24 year old man after some seasoning. I’m sure he’s better than we remember. Why would the GMen keep him around so long otherwise and cut Perkins. I think with D Jones this could be fun.

Edited by Krambone
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, laracco said:

The only harm is a lot of people are blowing their whole FAAB budget on him. If you can get him for cheap of course there's no harm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Believe me, I'm as un-excited about gallman as everyone here. But he should be a relatively safe, albeit little ceiling, play this week. The giants literally don't have anyone else except Elijah penny. Until they actually sign someone else, gallman is fine. For one week at least

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yanksman said:

The only harm is a lot of people are blowing their whole FAAB budget on him. If you can get him for cheap of course there's no harm. 

That's a different story. I'm not putting much into him and got him in both of my leagues for cheap. Seems that guys in my league are of the he sucks camp, which is fine.

Alright boys, I need some predictions. Gotta weed out the believers from the intelligent 🙄😂 

I’m going with 14/56/1 - 4/25/0

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gmen07 said:

I disagree. You draft saquon at 2 because you intend to use him. He’s a generational talent. The team isn’t going to “save” him until they’re better.

They should've never drafted him in the first place, because by the time they even had a chance to be any good, he'd be declining and looking for Gurley money anyway.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

They should've never drafted him in the first place, because by the time they even had a chance to be any good, he'd be declining and looking for Gurley money anyway.

I would hate any owner who turned down Barkley. Would have been the smart choice, not the right choice

Have to add another post after watching all of Dimebag Danny’s snaps.. 

Wayne was running short little flat routes out of the backfield and was pretty open a few different times. Dan was looking downfield like a champ the whole time. Who knows if this changes but maybe I was too optimistic about Gallman’s receptions outlook.

Spent faab on him just to use him as a throw in for trades before Sunday. Entirely possible that his current value is peak bc of his perceived workload/production. 

13 hours ago, NyZD said:

He couldn't see the field over Darkwa that tells you plenty

Also his touchdown upside in the redzone is very very very low so he better be catching 4-5 balls a game..

1) Huh? He averaged 11.2 touches per game as a 4th-rd rookie as compared to Darkwa’s 12.7. They were basically an RBBC. In his last four games, Gallman averaged 16 touches per game.

2) Says who? Why is his touchdown upside low? He fits the profile (6’0, 215) and by all accounts is pretty strong. He scored 17 times his junior year at Clemson. I don’t see any reason he wouldn’t get red zone touches.

• Like 1