Zangief80

Wayne Gallman Jr 2019 Outlook

Even against the stouter Ds he is gonna be a RB2. Really raises his floor with his receptions and Danny looks for him.

He is a true elite RB1 in that offense...Hold until Barkley comes back

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Guwop said:

But the discussion centered around his fantasy value soooooooo that doesn't make his statement wrong.

There were folks saying he wasn't worth the faab or #1 priority based on his production. He likely wont do this every week but for now he was worth the add for all saquon owners who had a chance to get him

Which is still debatable. There will be proof in the next couple of weeks whether he was worth it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, screaming_vultures said:

Hate for this guy has been unreal, he is more than serviceable 

He outscored almost every RB this week...that's elite

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Which is still debatable. There will be proof in the next couple of weeks whether he was worth it.

Regardless of what happens the next 3-weeks, I have trouble believing there was a higher-upside play on the waivers than Gallman.  I think people slept on the bellcow role/touches.  

What's fairly unique about Gallman is that he gets both goal line work and receiving work.  How many lead backs can you even say that for (ignoring the fact that you could get Gallman off of waivers)?

You can't really say that for Gore, Hyde, Jones, and Barber, who all may have been available on the wire depending on league size.  Limited receiving action for all of them.  And then other RB pick up options like Mostert don't get goal line work.  

• Like 4

I was wrong about this dude.  [...]

His passing game usage was amazing.  Anybody who kept saying he was going to be the 1st and 2nd down back only was wrong.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

11 minutes ago, CooL said:

Anybody who kept saying he was going to be the 1st and 2nd down back only was wrong.

You said that. “Gallman is serviceable but not great. If he’s only getting two downs, then he’s essentially Peyton Barber.”

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

So far he is and has outperformed every other ww star people ranked above. Possibly a week winning week and all we're seeing is "it's only one week" after people said he wouldn't do anything. I dont expect 20pts weekly but so far any saquon owner who picked him up is doing better than if they picked up any of the other ww options at the time

25 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

You said that. “Gallman is serviceable but not great. If he’s only getting two downs, then he’s essentially Peyton Barber.”

Uh yes. Me and others. So as I said, I was wrong. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty skeptical about his performance the next few weeks, but this week alone was worth a lot of faab. He helped a lot of owners win their week. I'm less concerned about his long term value and am focused on winning this week. Gallman helped me do that.

Hell yeah gall. Never doubted ya. This week 😏 tougher def’s ahead but he’s locked in my lineup until Barkley is back. Maybe I’ll try and flip him to the actual owner..

Thank God as a Saquon owner I went against my gut and put the big FAAB on him.  Just getting the win this week was worth it to keep me a float until Saquon comes back.  Gallman looked good today.  Even in tough matchups, hopefully his floor is 7-9 points in PPR.  

The biggest news about him today was all the passing game work.  That'll make him relevant for as long as he has the job.  

Tough matchups ahead though.  Minnesota is brutal and I guarantee you this rookie QB is going to get embarrassed by the Patriots on a Thursday night; Belichick loves to give rookies like this their comeuppance.  The hope in those games is that Gallman catches a ton of dump-offs from Dimes, who'll be running for his life.

1 minute ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Wolverine is practicing... geez

can we just have 4 weeks?

Saquon a thug.. idk why you’d rush him back but hell, to each their own. Looking like next week is gonna happen. They must think they have a playoff shot.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maroney's Bolgna said:

As a Gallman (and not Saquon) owner, I'm all for Saquon rushing back prematurely...

I'm never one to root for someone to get hurt, but if you're holding Gallman like I am thinking that ankle injuries can be a big burden, especially if rushed, you have to think that this gives a lot more reasoning to be happy leaving Gallman on your bench to see what happens.

Will be interesting to see how the Giants use Gallman when Barkley comes back.  Gotta think that one week does not change the team's views on him.  It's not like this is going to become a RBBC assuming that Barkley is back to full strength.

I'd probably look to flip Gallman if I owned him.  In perhaps a few weeks, he might not be relevant again.  A bunch of FAAB spent for several weeks.  But if it helped your team, then no regrets.

3 minutes ago, Maroney's Bolgna said:

As a Gallman (and not Saquon) owner, I'm all for Saquon rushing back prematurely...

Barkley earned immediate playing time as a true freshman at Penn State in 2015.[10] After rushing for one yard on one carry during his first game, he rushed for 115 yards with a touchdown in his second game.[11] He followed up that performance by rushing for 195 yards and 2 touchdowns on 21 carries in his third game.[12] In October, he missed two games due to injury.[13] In his first game back against #1 Ohio State, he rushed for 194 yards on 26 carries.[14][15] During his first year, Barkley had 182 carries for 1,076 yards and seven touchdowns during the 2015 Penn State football season campaign.[16]

That was also diagnosed as a high ankle sprain.

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Barkley earned immediate playing time as a true freshman at Penn State in 2015.[10] After rushing for one yard on one carry during his first game, he rushed for 115 yards with a touchdown in his second game.[11] He followed up that performance by rushing for 195 yards and 2 touchdowns on 21 carries in his third game.[12] In October, he missed two games due to injury.[13] In his first game back against #1 Ohio State, he rushed for 194 yards on 26 carries.[14][15] During his first year, Barkley had 182 carries for 1,076 yards and seven touchdowns during the 2015 Penn State football season campaign.[16]

That was also diagnosed as a high ankle sprain.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Gallman has a questionable tag on Yahoo. I hadn’t seen or heard anything. Did he get injured?