Zangief80

Wayne Gallman Jr 2019 Outlook

Reinjury a real possiblity for Saquon, Gallman is as big of a hold as possible. In a way, I want Saquon to rush it back so we can have Gallman at the back half of this year... 

And thats a cute story of him coming back from injury in college, the tackling is at a whole different level in the NFL. Risk of reinjury is going to be extremely high if he comes back too quickly.

Edited by screaming_vultures

38 minutes ago, CooL said:

Gallman has a questionable tag on Yahoo. I hadn’t seen or heard anything. Did he get injured?

It's Wednesday, Saquon has no chance of starting this week and Gallman will be a fine RB2 v MN because he has the versatility to be fine.

• Like 1

Just now, SuperJoint said:

It's Wednesday, Saquon has no chance of starting this week and Gallman will be a fine RB2 v MN because he has the versatility to be fine.

? Barkley possibly coming back this week (doubt it highly) has absolutely nothing to do with the health status of Gallman.  My question was why does he have the questionable tag today?  I've seen no alerts or reports that he got banged up during the game.  If he sits out a practice, does that make him immediately questionable?

Just now, CooL said:

? Barkley possibly coming back this week (doubt it highly) has absolutely nothing to do with the health status of Gallman.  My question was why does he have the questionable tag today?  I've seen no alerts or reports that he got banged up during the game.  If he sits out a practice, does that make him immediately questionable?

? Really?

It's Wednesday. As an NFL team if you don't have a player practice you have to have an excuse. 

Gallman is the man on Sunday so he gets the "stud privilege" of skipping Wed practice and the NYG must provide an excuse. My neck was a little sore this AM, know what I mean?

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

I believe the word on the street was he had neck soreness and his coach made it sound like it was routine and said he’d play.  Sounds like he was snoring and his wife kicked him to the couch and he woke up neck sore 

51 minutes ago, CooL said:

Most likely related to Norman almost ripping his head off last game

2 hours ago, screaming_vultures said:

Reinjury a real possiblity for Saquon, Gallman is as big of a hold as possible. In a way, I want Saquon to rush it back so we can have Gallman at the back half of this year... 

And thats a cute story of him coming back from injury in college, the tackling is at a whole different level in the NFL. Risk of reinjury is going to be extremely high if he comes back too quickly.

spacer.png

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, kball09 said:

I'm hopeful my opponent plays him against me this week.

You're hopeful your opponent plays Gallman against you?  Or plays Saquon against you if he's (unlikely) back?

I thought Gallman looked competent and his passing game usage was tremendous.  He put up 27.8 PPR points last week.  And the Giants apparently are going to keep giving him the lion's share of touches.  Why would you want to see that in your opponent's starting lineup?

1 minute ago, CooL said:

You're hopeful your opponent plays Gallman against you?  Or plays Saquon against you if he's (unlikely) back?

I thought Gallman looked competent and his passing game usage was tremendous.  He put up 27.8 PPR points last week.  And the Giants apparently are going to keep giving him the lion's share of touches.  Why would you want to see that in your opponent's starting lineup?

Redskins vs Vikings. That first Gallman touchdown could have been scored by a cheerleader. Vikings have given up less than 53 yards to all RBs on the ground this year.

The argument FOR Gallman is that they get down and he gets a bunch of receptions. I'm sure he'll get some. But overall I think the Vikings just shut him down.

6 minutes ago, Sully said:

RIP FAAB Everywhere.

LOL, not everyone blew their budget on him... and surely, there's no chance of Saquon returning prematurely and aggravating his injury... 

Edited by Maroney's Bolgna
  • Haha 1

So what is the outlook on him with Saquon back and also dealing with his own concussion problem? He's a free agent now in my league.

8 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

So what is the outlook on him with Saquon back and also dealing with his own concussion problem? He's a free agent now in my league.

a mediocre handcuff?

9 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

a mediocre handcuff?

I mean, yeah. But aren't most of them? He got dropped in my league by another team that doesn't have Barkley. They were looking for a lotto ticket and struck out. If Barkley were to go down again though he is serviceable, considering what people were spending on Ty Johnson. Gallman did get bellcow touches in his first game.

• Like 1

If Saquon gets through this week unscathed, is Gallman dropworthy for more intriguing RB stashes?

Sincerely,

Saquon Owner

I think at this point in the season, if you've got Saquon and your team is sitting pretty looking towards the playoffs, it's time to handcuff Saquon with Gallman.  Are you ever going to play Mark Walton over Saquon?  Of course not. Would you play Mark Walton over Gallman, consider Gallman produced RB1 numbers on bellcow touches that first game Saquon sat out?  I would say no.  Now if you're in need of a flex to start alongside Saquon, then yeah, the decision becomes tougher. 

Handcuffing is a luxury and an in case of catastrophe situation as we've already seen.  If you can't afford to be "down" a roster spot, then it's not the time.  I'm picking up Gallman because I thought I saw Saquon was a little gimpy in the second half and I'm worried about reinjury.  [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He's staring at me from the wire. Can't help but feel we're looking at a situation where even if Saquon doesn't exacerbate his injury, the Giants may decide to shut him down anyway. In addition, we're currently not looking at all that much of a drop in production if Gallman comes in, despite the dimwitted coaching. Gallman would arguably have done better than 5.60 and 7.00 pts in 0.5PPR last couple of weeks. Is there any reason not to pick up Gallman?

8 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

He's staring at me from the wire. Can't help but feel we're looking at a situation where even if Saquon doesn't exacerbate his injury, the Giants may decide to shut him down anyway. In addition, we're currently not looking at all that much of a drop in production if Gallman comes in, despite the dimwitted coaching. Gallman would arguably have done better than 5.60 and 7.00 pts in 0.5PPR last couple of weeks. Is there any reason not to pick up Gallman?

Already did. Why not if you have the space

Meh, I saw my previous post and wow, my thinking of this whole Giants backfield has changed.  The frustrating use of Saquon and especially the glaring lack of use in the passing game has me completely down on this backfield.  Stupid Daniel Jones doesn't look to check down to Saquon even when his hand is bleeding and he can't even grip the ball.  So why would he all of a sudden start to check down to the inferior Wayne Gallman?  Jones also kills too many drives with his fumbles.  If Saquon is shut down, I think I'll just look to other options on my team.  This of course means that if Saquon does go down, then Gallman will all of a sudden become the PPR monster we all thought Saquon would be when drafting him #1.

I've learned a lot about supposed studs this year.  Team situation matters A LOT.  Don't let anybody else tell you that a "generational talent" will rise above any bad situation and shine no matter what.

• Like 1

Yeah, the one thing that might shift is that Gallman could get less attention than Saquon from the defense.

22 minutes ago, LZD said:

Already did. Why not if you have the space

Yeah, just did. Annoying thing is that in that league there are a limited number of add/drops allowed, and I'm close to that limit. That was the only thing holding me back.

1 hour ago, CooL said:

Meh, I saw my previous post and wow, my thinking of this whole Giants backfield has changed.  The frustrating use of Saquon and especially the glaring lack of use in the passing game has me completely down on this backfield.  Stupid Daniel Jones doesn't look to check down to Saquon even when his hand is bleeding and he can't even grip the ball.  So why would he all of a sudden start to check down to the inferior Wayne Gallman?  Jones also kills too many drives with his fumbles.  If Saquon is shut down, I think I'll just look to other options on my team.  This of course means that if Saquon does go down, then Gallman will all of a sudden become the PPR monster we all thought Saquon would be when drafting him #1.

I've learned a lot about supposed studs this year.  Team situation matters A LOT.  Don't let anybody else tell you that a "generational talent" will rise above any bad situation and shine no matter what.

Only thing is the NYG face MIA and @WASH the last two games. Even Ballage could produce there.

Hanging onto Gallman.

Did Gallman even play last week? I remember seeing Buck Allen out there. Who is the Barkley cuff?