Shawn5k

Recruiting for Start up Fantasy basketball dynasty league

What’s happening Rotoworld?

I’ve had the pleasure of playing in a dynasty fantasy basketball league over the past 11 years and it’s overall been one of the best experiences with a great group of owners and has sharpened my tools as a fantasy owner when it comes to roster construction and having a long term investment in my roster and players I draft or trade for has made following players around the league much more exciting.

The original league to this day is a free league, which I think is remarkable cause leagues with no prize fees usually don’t last that long but for the new league I wanted to spice it up and place a 100$ yearly team buy in ownership fee.

•The league will be a 12 or 14 teams and will have a yearly two round Rookie draft for all players who declare for the NBA to incorporate new talent into the rosters.

•Draft pick trading throughout the season is another one of my favorite facets of the league as it becomes a personal philosophy for each owners team and long term goals everywhere.  That means the choice of collecting assets or young players in a  rebuilding scenario for the future or trading away picks to load up for a championship run becomes the prerogative of the team’s owner. 

•Dynasty format: A maximum of 15 players can be rostered on your team during the season and following the end of the season each team is required to make two drops at the start of the new season and forthcoming rookie and fantasy drafts. 

To make it clear, I’m looking for prospective owners who are looking to challenge their fantasy basketball skill level and roster construction chops in a long term league. This is not meant to be a short term redraft league as in a perfect scenario I would love to keep a low level of turnover as that’s one of the attributes that made the original collection of owners a special group. 

So if your interest is piqued and you’re down for the challenge drop your email so we can start the dialogue or any questions you have about the league that I can clear up. Look forward to hearing from the prospectives! 

*buy ins will be handled through league safe*

League format: ESPN

PG

SG

SF

PF

C

C

G

F

UTIL

UTIL

5 bench spots

1 IR

9 Categories

FG%

3pointers made

FT%

Rebounds

Assists

Steals 

Blocks

Turnovers

Edited by Shawn5k
Typo

Would love to be in if its a 14-team league. Prefer auction draft so we could bid on players we want for the first year only then it could be snake after.

Count me in if its cool with you.

Edited by maxkellermen

Interested! 

I appreciate what you lined out in terms of the kind of league you want and whats important. Id be particularly interested if it was a a slow auction for the startup draft as that is in my experience the very best and most fun sort of draft. Also curious if it would be daily or weekly lineup changes. Not super into it if its weekly as i like the engagement and activity that daily changes creates.

8 hours ago, Moon Shots said:

Interested! 

I appreciate what you lined out in terms of the kind of league you want and whats important. Id be particularly interested if it was a a slow auction for the startup draft as that is in my experience the very best and most fun sort of draft. Also curious if it would be daily or weekly lineup changes. Not super into it if its weekly as i like the engagement and activity that daily changes creates.

Shoot me your email so we can talk!

BUMP.

Still looking for prospective owners so if you’re interested in additional information drop your email and we can chat and talk more about the league!

@maxkellermen The slow auction is the mother of all drafts! The most fun.

Each manager can nominate one player at a time for auction. That player is up for auction for xxx amount of hours (determined by the format) and any time they are bid on the clock resets. The dynasty league i play in had auction times for players at 8 hours because managers were on different continents. However managers are in your league is how many players are in play at a given time, and you can only nominate a new player when bidding has ended on your last nomination. The dynasty league i play in is a 30 teamer and the auction lasted about a week...it was fascinating to see the progression from the bidding on superstars all the way down to $1 bids on scrubs...some teams exercised patience and built well rounded teams without stars, some teams grabbed a few superstars and then waited til the very end to be able to afford players to fill out their rosters, etc. So many layers of strategy in it. 

On 9/24/2019 at 5:27 PM, lendog691 said:

i'm interested

Drop your email so I can contact you if I haven’t reached out already

Still recruiting for the league, if you’d like additional information drop your email so we can chat. The league is 65% towards capacity so it should be full by the weekend. Hit me!

Send me the info this sounds like a league I’ve been looking for.

If we do auction will the players have a price tag going forward & team have a salary cap or it will that value just be used for the initial auction??