jay_00

Marc Gasol 2019-2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

You sound like someone in the last place in a 12 men league. 

No offense champ but generally it’s the higher teams who are more realistic than overly optimistic on the low end players...

Just because I don’t pump up every single scrub like others on here who fade into the backgrounds when their players don’t perform. I’d bet my left nut I’d be dominating your fantasy team if you’re that positive on any player. 

You’re probably someone with Reddish and Bonga in your team just hoping they’ll come good hahahah. 

Edited by Jackdean33

18 minutes ago, Jackdean33 said:

No offense champ but generally it’s the higher teams who are more realistic than overly optimistic on the low end players...

Just because I don’t pump up every single scrub like others on here who fade into the backgrounds when their players don’t perform. I’d bet my left nut I’d be dominating your fantasy team if you’re that positive on any player. 

You’re probably someone with Reddish and Bonga in your team just hoping they’ll come good hahahah. 

If your right handed always keep your left nut. Otherwise you balance will be whacked. 

38 minutes ago, Jackdean33 said:

This is a Gasol thread bud... so you are telling me a big man who provides you with 3's /ast/stl/blk and feasting in minutes is not rosterable in 12 men league? 🤦‍♂️Reddish is an unproven rookie who has been trash to date. You are comparing a proven veteran for a rookie... your logical thinking is truly showing. 

What's there to complain about ? It all depends on your team build, categories you want to win, league type, etc to determine if gasol is rosterable i have him in my 12 man league and even after his so called 4/4/4/2 "dud" im still keeping him. He ranks at #7 among centers in assists right under Al Horford & right above Nikola Vucevic. 

Bottom line is that the raptors are still fighting for playoff positioning with miami, boston, phili and indiana so they need all hands on deck pre and post ASB. 

If you're in need of a center with 1/1/1 potential and 3 assists look no further it's not rocket science. If you happen to need a bit more of a scoring punch or are already strong in assists and or punting assists go for the T. Ross's and The Mcrae's of the FA world.

Everyone's in here arguing like we're talking about some unknown commodity. We know what Gasol is capable of. His last few games are an indication that he's not washed up. He's not gonna be the primary offensive weapon on some nights, but he will likely have higher assist numbers on those nights. And he will consistently get good stock numbers. 

His floor is top 80 and his ceiling is 2nd/3rd round this year. There's not much more to argue about. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Everyone's in here arguing like we're talking about some unknown commodity. We know what Gasol is capable of. His last few games are an indication that he's not washed up. He's not gonna be the primary offensive weapon on some nights, but he will likely have higher assist numbers on those nights. And he will consistently get good stock numbers. 

His floor is top 80 and his ceiling is 2nd/3rd round this year. There's not much more to argue about. 

LOL,he's not play in memphis anymore,2nd/3rd round value for Marc is history,forget it

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

As much as I really like Gasol, 2nd/3rd round as a ceiling is absurd. 

If he can hit top 70 I would be happy. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kane said:

LOL,he's not play in memphis anymore,2nd/3rd round value for Marc is history,forget it

1 minute ago, j3rkthenurk said:

As much as I really like Gasol, 2nd/3rd round as a ceiling is absurd. 

If he can hit top 70 I would be happy. 

He's a 3rd rounder in his last 10 games.. including the game where he played 7 minutes due to his injury. Not sure what's so absurd about an, unlikely, yet possible 2/3rd CEILING

7 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

He's a 3rd rounder in his last 10 games.. including the game where he played 7 minutes due to his injury. Not sure what's so absurd about an, unlikely, yet possible 2/3rd CEILING

It is absurd because in most of those 10 games Ibaka was out/slowly coming back from his injury (restricted mins). Does not mean that is his ceiling when you want to take into account injuries as part of your ceiling. 

If you are, then might as well say his ceiling is a 1st rounder (assuming everyone on the Raptors gets injured).

Edited by j3rkthenurk
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

It is absurd because in most of those 10 games Ibaka was out. Does not mean that is his ceiling when you want to take into account injuries as part of your ceiling. 

If you are, then might as well say his ceiling is a 1st rounder (assuming everyone on the Raptors gets injured).

Can you fact check and not make up lies please? They played all 10 games together. Thanks.

spacer.png

Edited by MuscleChestbrook

Expecting 2nd or 3rd round value out of Gasol at this juncture is being overly optimistic. He plays a different role than the one he had in Memphis. I would be happy with 7-8th round value. 

Edited by RAGINGROOSTER
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Can you fact check and not make up lies please? They played all 10 games together. Thanks.

Gasol.png

I appreciate that you quoted me before I editted my post. My post still stands if you look at the minutes (which I can't tell because it looks like you took the screenshot from a potato) 

1 minute ago, j3rkthenurk said:

I appreciate that you quoted me before I editted my post. My post still stands if you look at the minutes (which I can't tell because it looks like you took the screenshot from a potato) 

Haha. Lash out with insults when you get clowned for your blatant inaccuracies. I had to reduce the image size because of the sizing limits, but reuploaded it through imgur since you're too lazy to check game logs yourself and fact check. 

1 minute ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Haha. Lash out with insults when you get clowned for your blatant inaccuracies. I had to reduce the image size because of the sizing limits, but reuploaded it through imgur since you're too lazy to check game logs yourself and fact check. 

What's the insult? It was barely readable. Saying that his ceiling is 2nd/3rd round is laughable. 

My post still stands. Going forward it will probably be a timeshare, evne though I hope Gasol gets more minutes.

Just now, j3rkthenurk said:

What's the insult? It was barely readable. Saying that his ceiling is 2nd/3rd round is laughable. 

My post still stands. Going forward it will probably be a timeshare, evne though I hope Gasol gets more minutes.

"2nd/3rd round ceiling is laughable". But he is already a 3rd rounder for the past 10 games??? 5th rounder for the past 20 games?

The mental gymnastics blows my mind. 

Getting all hot under the collar over Marc Gasol :lol:. Desperate times I guess.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

Getting all hot under the collar over Marc Gasol :lol:. Desperate times I guess.

Lmao. I mean you were getting hot over Svi, so I guess you're one of us 😂

1 minute ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Lmao. I mean you were getting hot over Svi, so I guess you're one of us 😂

Yeah. You definitely saw me saying Svi will continue to be a 3rd rounder :lol:

• Haha 1

If you're banking on gasol to have a ceiling of 2nd/3rd round....sorry but ure not gonna do well in ur league lol

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Yeah. You definitely saw me saying Svi will continue to be a 3rd rounder :lol:

Lmao. Reading comprehension isn't your strength, is it? Ceiling = continue to be 3rd rounder? Gotcha 😂

14 minutes ago, Sfektz said:

If you're banking on gasol to have a ceiling of 2nd/3rd round....sorry but ure not gonna do well in ur league lol

He is already 3rd rounder in his last 10 games. He's already "achieving" his ceiling. Its obviously unrealistic for him to keep this up the entire year, but that's the definition of ceiling smh. 

2 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Lmao. Reading comprehension isn't your strength, is it? Ceiling = continue to be 3rd rounder? Gotcha 😂

He is already 3rd rounder in his last 10 games. He's already "achieving" his ceiling. Its obviously unrealistic for him to keep this up the entire year, but that's the definition of ceiling smh. 

He's not, he just had three good games. By your logic a quarter of the league could have a first round ceiling just because they had a few phenomenal games.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, cdrichar said:

He's not, he just had three good games. By your logic a quarter of the league could have a first round ceiling just because they had a few phenomenal games.

So why does he have a 5th round ranking for the past 20 games? The 3 good games are really carrying him. 

This is like listening to Marc Gasols baby momma argue with his new girlfriend. 

nba playoffs family GIF by NBA