kmoore1521

Hassan Whiteside 2019-2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

For those wondering about his value he just got dealt in my league with LaVine for Porzingis and Mitchell 

So it was a 3 for 1? That was quite the haul. That dude even got his blocks back; albeit for a FG% hit.

Edit: Nvm. Misread that. LaVine on the Whiteside side. Guess that's an even trade.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Haha 1

On 12/15/2019 at 6:40 AM, magic32 said:

And the only place where he ranked anywhere near 8 is in Total Value 9 cat leagues which is stupid to look at cause it's not based on average states but total stats and benefits players who have simply played more games. 

Ah, so what you're saying is his per game value is bad?

On 12/15/2019 at 6:23 AM, magic32 said:

what the hell are you talking about "standard leagues?" you just make up your own categories? He's ranked 21st in 8 cat leagues and 14 in 9 cat leagues. So you're talking out of your @ss. 

Pretty sure everybody here except you knows what a standard fantasy basketball league is. Pretty hilarious that I quoted exactly what his rank was and then you responded 2 days later to say that it was something different. Stop making a fool of yourself.

Yeah you just have to hold onto him.  Unlikely to get good value for him unless maybe half a season goes by and he's still playing well.  Nurkic isn't going to do anything.  It'll be too late too little for fantasy.  Playoffs IRL yes, Nurkic will be a big boost all around as Whiteside isn't really that good defensively.  Nurkic is a better player.  Whiteside gets more stats. 

This man playing for his 2k rating, 2k you need to keep his rating in the 80s so he has to keep balling like this to get it up

33 minutes ago, Tyboogie said:

This man playing for his 2k rating, 2k you need to keep his rating in the 80s so he has to keep balling like this to get it up

probs more playing for a $100mill contract, but yah sure no doubt he's keen to get into the 90s on 2k

Ohh man I’ve got an offer Kyrie for my Hassan. Can’t believe I’m going to knock it back!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, mas10 said:

Ohh man I’ve got an offer Kyrie for my Hassan. Can’t believe I’m going to knock it back!

Unless Kyrie magically starts blocking shots, I would knock that sh*t back too and laugh.

The only offer I would entertain would be Jonathan Isaac + another good player.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Unless Kyrie magically starts blocking shots, I would knock that sh*t back too and laugh.

The only offer I would entertain would be Jonathan Isaac + another good player.

I offered Whiteside for Issac a month ago and got ignored. I thought of them as equal value at the time but Whiteside has been another level this past month.

whiteside owner. still rather have gobert for the job and touch security. rejected yesterday. (punt ft%)

ride it out. i have been unsuccessful shopping. GL

Non whiteside owners are generally scared of nurkic’s return and whiteside’s reputation (uncoachable, lazy, etc).

On 12/18/2019 at 11:35 AM, miasma16 said:

Pretty sure everybody here except you knows what a standard fantasy basketball league is. Pretty hilarious that I quoted exactly what his rank was and then you responded 2 days later to say that it was something different. Stop making a fool of yourself.

LOL pretty sure everybody here except YOU knows what a standard basketball league is, and you quoted non-existent rankings that you pulled out of your @ss. Meanwhile, I quoted you actual rankings from basketball monster, who the hell knows where you made up your numbers from, probably from that demented mind of yours...

On 12/18/2019 at 11:34 AM, miasma16 said:

Ah, so what you're saying is his per game value is bad?

Um no. try following a little closer, junior. Of course it's not bad, however, it's not top 8 like you said.  Things need to be put in proper perspective, and that's the opposite of what you are doing with your made up numbers. Next time, please try to sober up before posting. 

Edited by magic32

Just to clarify this "rankings" thing:

Per-game value (Average stats):

He's 8th best player per BBM, 11th per Yahoo (apperantly 8-11 range is too close in terms of z-score, hence the difference).

Total value:

He's 7th both per BBM and Yahoo.

These are for the standard 9-cat leagues (12 team, 13 players per team). It shouldn't be too different on deeper leagues, as long as it's a 9-cat league.

P.S: This season he is a monster lol.

Edited by fbbaddict
Typo