kmoore1521

Hassan Whiteside 2019-2020 Outlook

I’ve tried selling for Gobert many times the last few weeks. Headache dealing with that particular manager so no luck. Whiteside has really been carrying me but with Nurk and Collins eventually due back I’m worried. Maybe he gets traded somewhere he can still eat? 

Nurkic is Nurkic with his healing history and Collins is going to dethrone Carmelo ( whoever still happens to be owning him ). Not really worried. The only thing stopping Whiteside is health and his play on the court.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

So... i finally unloaded OG... 

Got rid of OG, and PJ washington for whiteside... did i win :) 

Unless you're in a dynasty league, that trade should be vetoed.

3 minutes ago, hl782 said:

Unless you're in a dynasty league, that trade should be vetoed.

I'll come back ... hopefully it doesn't... owner is second last in a 12 team.. he's desperate to offset for more players. 

Edited by Monkeyking69

32 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

I'll come back ... hopefully it doesn't... owner is second last in a 12 team.. he's desperate to offset for more players. 

He is apparently desperate to move up in the standings so he trades a top ten asset for two fringe 12 team league players.. Yes that makes perfect sense. 

Either it is a non competitive league or you are playing with guys who are just learning. 

Edited by j3rkthenurk

42 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

So... i finally unloaded OG... 

Got rid of OG, and PJ washington for whiteside... did i win :) 

This is annoying just to read. I wonder how others in your league feel right now. I would quit that league instantly, what is this ****?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RipCity0 said:

This is annoying just to read. I wonder how others in your league feel right now. I would quit that league instantly, what is this ****?

relax bro

so far 3 - 2 for a veto 

Just now, Monkeyking69 said:

relax bro

so far 3 - 2 for a veto 

I guess the 2 are you and the one you traded with?

Whoever says Hassan stats are empty stats have a look at his +/- when he’s on the floor. Better than all of the starters minus DLill

my god.  this guy's nuts is not having a good month 😩

3 minutes ago, snerpy said:

my god.  this guy's nuts is not having a good month 😩

Thought he was legit injured. Don't scare us owners like that 💀

Say what you want about whiteside, but i fully believe he is a hold ROS. His floor is mrob’s upside (efficient double-double +2.5blk) and a trade is very unlikely given the timing of nurk’s return and that they’re fighting for a playoff spot.

Would be nice to get another 10 block game. Let's see what happens.

4 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Thought he was legit injured. Don't scare us owners like that 💀

Got kicked in the nuts during the game.

3 hours ago, simon said:

Say what you want about whiteside, but i fully believe he is a hold ROS. His floor is mrob’s upside (efficient double-double +2.5blk) and a trade is very unlikely given the timing of nurk’s return and that they’re fighting for a playoff spot.

I think he is a hold too but he is in the last year of his contract so Portland may deal him in order to get something back (since he is killing it this year)..

Then again they are outside the top 8 so they would more than likely keep him.

3 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Got kicked in the nuts during the game.

I think he is a hold too but he is in the last year of his contract so Portland may deal him in order to get something back (since he is killing it this year)..

Then again they are outside the top 8 so they would more than likely keep him.

Timing wont allow portland to trade him, as trade period and nurkic’s return does not have an overlap. If portland can get include him in a package for a better/longterm bigman (ala klove, aldridge, drum) its possible. In which case he’s still a hold since his minutes will be secured with the other big man leaving.

My opinion is that he'll eat REGARDLESS for one simple reason: ITS CONTRACT YEAR. BABY! This man is literally a 20-20 threat every night.. I feel very comfortable with what he'd produce in slightly less min against bench bigs. Idk when you all drafted this man, but I swooped in the 6th round and he's been the #1 Center in my league for awhile now - who would you even trade for? We've seen him produce in limited min before and that was with a coach/team that was clearly ready to hand it over to Bam. My belief is not only will they ease Nurk along to be healthy for the playoffs, but it'll be ALL HANDS ON DECK to even get there in the first place. 

tenor.gif?itemid=12489844

Portland is outside the Top 8 is a true statement. But the unknown is, will he re-sign with Portland and will Portland even offer him a contract worth his value?

All signs point to, trade this man away to get some value back instead of letting him walk for free.

• Like 1

Im having a hard time thinking of a team who will trade for whiteside and give back assets. If ever, it feels like portland will be the ones who need to attach a sweetener if they want to get rid of whiteside.

Portland gotta be in win now mode at this point. Dame is in his prime. Nurk is gonna be on a minutes restriction and Collins will be back in March. If they trade Hassan they're giving up on the season. It's as simple as that. They shouldn't piss off Dame. Besides, there is nobody on the market better than him so might as well ride him out for the year and make a fight for the playoffs.

Edited by StephonMarburysVaseline