Sign in to follow this  
Berko1se

What is everyone doing with Antonio Brown?

He was dropped in both of my leagues by his two former owners, AB cleared waivers and all. His playing days are over. The dude went on Twitter and even posted it. 

Drop City for me, but having an injured Saquon and AJ green on my bench kind of forced my hand. Don't think he sniffs the field again this year, but if you have the spot to "waste", I suppose it's not the worst hold in the world just in case there's an owner as bat**** crazy as AB.  

ESPN ticker......Drew R. states "AB wants to play and some teams are interested......just agent talk to throw out feelers or are there teams really interested????

9 minutes ago, awesomesince86 said:

Drop him. There are only a few teams that would take the PR hit and theres still a good chance he would get thrown on the commish exempt list anyway.

We all have that one guy that likes picking up players from trash can (Don't be that guy).

giphy.gif

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Haha 1

I would pick him up. Drop your first round pick for him. He should be good to go this week against a stout Twitter defense.

Edited by SkinThatSmokeWagon

If your league awards bonus points for controversial tweets I'd keep him. I'd drop him in all other scoring formats. 

Edited by TuesdaymorningQB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was going to write him an encouraging poem to lift his spirits.

But then I figured he's an a**hole and would probably never read it anyway.

• Like 1

There’s no realistic chance he plays in the NFL this season. 

Drop him.  No chance he plays this year.  Maybe next if he checks himself into a anger management clinic.  He's is still so talented that if he shows he takes this situation seriously and gets help.  Some team will probably give him a chance next year.  Just look at history of troubled players.  Only player that I can think of that didn't get a second chance.  Was ray rice and his talent had been in decline for a couple of years.

I'm still holding him out of spite.

I like how some say "No chance he plays this year" as if they actually know what they're talking about or have some evidence to back that up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't imagine any other team taking AB on this year.  Take it with a grain of salt as it's total speculation/opinion.  In my league the guy that has him is still holding on to him.  I guess if you have a bench spot to spare it won't hurt stashing him.

Let's not forget that Tom Brady and perhaps even B.B. reportedly did not want AB "fired" https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/26/report-robert-kraft-decided-to-cut-antonio-brown-tom-brady-disagrees/

It was Kraft's decision. All because of Sports Illustrated article and subsequent texts sent by AB. It's not like he was having problems with his teammates or not performing on the field. It might have even been partially because of the issues Kraft had and Kraft not wanting to take on any more damage to his own image.

The bigger concern is if he comes back and the league ends up suspending him/putting him on the exempt list. But I think there's a decent chance that would never happen.

It's a long season. I would not be surprised if AB wakes up in a few weeks and decides he wants to play football. And his talent is so high that a team will take a chance on him if he can present himself well in interviews and a workout. 

Let's say he comes back and plays in week 9 and is a top 15 WR for the rest of the season. That's more valuable than a WR3 or WRB4 on my bench in most cases.

Edited by mbell317