therealmikeshinoda

Kyle Kuzma 2019-2020 Outlook

Kuzma still not taking contact, misses 3 games and he is just tagged as GTD or OUT?   
But Butler doesn't play because of the birth of his child and he is tagged as INJ???

What do people expect from him this year? There's a mixed bag of change from last year. Among them:

Slower pace

AD dominates

Kuz' skills have likely improved 

Bottom line is the bench is very weak for the Lakers, and they need a decent scorer. Plus I expect them to play a "smallball" lineup in the 3Q and to close games. This lineup has AD at 5, Lebron at 4, and Kuz at 3.

So I'm projecting based on 30 minutes of pt, with Kuz splitting time between 6th man with the bench squad, and with 12 minutes with starters.

My line: 17 points, 2.2 3pm, 5.4 boards, 2.7 assists, 0.6 steals,  0.36 blocks on 45%/75%. 

The assists may go up a bit since he will play with AD and some 3p shooters, so he may be able to pass for shots. Overall, it's difficult to find points this late in the draft. Kuz has value.

How are we feeling about him? Is 17/5/2 a good guess or is that too generous?

6 minutes ago, yeet said:

How are we feeling about him? Is 17/5/2 a good guess or is that too generous?

I wouldn't read anything into tonight's performance. Let him get his legs under him and rhythm back.

1 minute ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I wouldn't read anything into tonight's performance. Let him get his legs under him and rhythm back.

Nah I know that, he only played 18 minutes and it's his first game. There are 96 minutes at SF/PF, I'm hoping Kuzma can get at least 30 of them. If he leads the bench unit I think he'll put up decent numbers.

25 minutes ago, yeet said:

Nah I know that, he only played 18 minutes and it's his first game. There are 96 minutes at SF/PF, I'm hoping Kuzma can get at least 30 of them. If he leads the bench unit I think he'll put up decent numbers.

I mean he is a true mystery box. We never saw him play in the summer, but heard great things from the national team practices. Then he got hurt.

So we hope his game has improved to where he can at least make a play. He has to hit his 3s as a SF, then play PF for good portions. He has to be able to create his own shot. He has to be able to play some serviceable man defense.

If he builds on his foundation, he has a tremendous opportunity. The Lakers will build him up slowly, so it will take a few weeks to really see what he can do.

He’s an enigma to how he fits in.  He’s one of the worst defensive effort players I’ve watched last few years.  Guy could give 2 F’s about contesting a shot.  Vogel has this team playing pretty intense D.  Unless he has that in his arsenal to actually try on D, he could be a trade candidate or someone who gets pulled quick if he plays level he did under Walton.  

With AD sitting out tonight, let's see if Kuzma can pick up the scoring for the Lakeshow. Hoping for a nice line tonight against the Warriors G-league team.

After getting elbowed in the eye last night, I anticipate Kyle will bring out the Kuzmask for Friday's game. The mask did wonders for Kobe a few years back, maybe it'll get Kuz to start a little hot streak.

On 11/20/2019 at 10:08 AM, NoahsArc said:

After getting elbowed in the eye last night, I anticipate Kyle will bring out the Kuzmask for Friday's game. The mask did wonders for Kobe a few years back, maybe it'll get Kuz to start a little hot streak.

It’s not a mask but the glasses will do.

B4EC0BD2-10D0-4313-B511-21126CCD5154.jpeg

24 minutes ago, NoahsArc said:

It’s not a mask but the glasses will do.

B4EC0BD2-10D0-4313-B511-21126CCD5154.jpeg

Kids a stud ... Okkkkkkk Kuz ! Let's f'n go baby 

Edited by RunCMC

Not fully b-ball related so I apologize for this but his new girl is a dime piece so his play should get even better 

• Haha 1

This dude is a drop. He doesn’t offer anything more than points and a few boards. You can do better than Kuz on the wire. It sucks because I actually really like the kid! Might give him one more week, but he’s not looking like he can carve enough value. I’m in a H2H points league too. I imagine it’s worse in roto. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Walter330i said:

This dude is a drop. He doesn’t offer anything more than points and a few boards. You can do better than Kuz on the wire. It sucks because I actually really like the kid! Might give him one more week, but he’s not looking like he can carve enough value. I’m in a H2H points league too. I imagine it’s worse in roto. 

He's a horrible player in H2H as well. His steals per 36 mins is 0.2. So much for training with Metta World Peace to improve his defense..

3 hours ago, Walter330i said:

You play the long game with Kuz. Right now LeBron and AD are basically playing heavy minutes, every game. Got to figure there’s rest and injuries coming — it’s inevitable — then it will be Kuzma’s time.

8 hours ago, Walter330i said:

Beat me to it. Yeah, I couldn't stay married to this guy any more, he's got more problems than a stripper.  Bembry/Temple producing more consistently than this bum and Jingles.

10 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

You play the long game with Kuz. Right now LeBron and AD are basically playing heavy minutes, every game. Got to figure there’s rest and injuries coming — it’s inevitable — then it will be Kuzma’s time.

Screw the long game , I mean how big is his upside really ? His %'s will never be great , especially if he's going to take more shots eventually. Basically points, 3's, and boards is all he's good for . Kyle is pure garbage right now , I dropped him in a points league imagine .  9 -cat it's even worse 

• Like 1

Drop city....sad to say it but Kuz just doesn’t get the usage that he did before and essentially the Lakers don’t need his scoring to win games anymore. He just stands on the 3 point line and watches LeBron and AD do all the work.