s-kayos

Jonathan Isaac 2019-2020 Outlook

Hyperextantion could mean torn meniscus (partially or fully). It could also cause structural damage. MRI would show. This could still be a very serious injury but it leaves us room to hope for the best. Btw, I am not a doctor. I am speaking from personal experience (hyper extended knee caused my partially torn meniscus). 

• Like 1

When I torn my acl, the doctor can tell right away by doing couple tests.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Febonacci said:

What other diagnosis could they give tho without an MRI?

Exactly. I remember having Jabari when he tore his ACL for the second time. I believe they gave the same diagnosis initially as well that night.

I am hoping for the best, but I am already mentally prepared and planning for him being out for the rest of the year. What really sucks is what he was doing defensively with the stocks is replicable by pretty much no one.

What a crappy way to start 2020. Ugh!!!

lol @ ESPN prematurely making Isaac IR-eligible. Obviously hope it's not foretelling

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Anyway, my season is down the toilet. Just hoping Isaac recovers! Dude seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Initial diagnosis is neither here nor there. I’m hoping for the best and that he’s out a few weeks, but preparing for him to be out for months.

Even best case, I'm guessing it will be atleast a month before he gets back out there. If it was nothing, he wouldnt be in excruciating pain and need a stretcher 

22 minutes ago, hoop said:

lol @ ESPN prematurely making Isaac IR-eligible. Obviously hope it's not foretelling

i think its safe to say he's missing a few games...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

I think that would be best case scenario. That’s a 6-8 week recovery with a tear which at this stage isn’t guaranteed. Let’s hope it’s on the lower end of severity.

15 minutes ago, indigorivers said:

Would you guys wait until tomorrows diagnosis or send him for maybe Al horford and Nerlens Noel

I will send for al horford

19 minutes ago, indigorivers said:

Would you guys wait until tomorrows diagnosis or send him for maybe Al horford and Nerlens Noel

Definitely send for Horford. 99.5% sure Isaac misses significant time. It would be a miracle if he were to only miss 1-2 weeks.

I wouldn’t take the risk if the opportunity is there tbh.

Posted (edited)

RT from Woj: 

F Jonathan Isaac is walking and bending his left knee and feels his MRI on Thursday in Orlando will come back clean. He is confident that he avoided a major injury and might not have to miss any time of game action.

Edited by theantishere
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, theantishere said:

RT from Woj: 

F Jonathan Isaac is walking and bending his left knee and feels his MRI on Thursday in Orlando will come back clean. He is confident that he avoided a major injury and might not have to miss any time of game action.

Lmao. Dude pulled a Paul pierce 

• Haha 1

I don't mind him pulling his best paul pierce imitation. Haha. Please please be okay.

• Like 1

Judah!! I don’t want to get too excited until the MRI results but WOW! 

22 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Lmao. Dude pulled a Paul pierce 

HALLELUJAH PRAISE JESUS!!!

He’s a living testament that prayer works 😭😭😭

Kidding not kidding LEZGO!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, brosephd said:

thank god from the stretcher and vid to this

I don't want to rain on the parade as this could be fantastic news, but an acute subjective response doesn't mean everything is clear. When I blew out my knee I didn't know it was gone until the following day response, I was able to hop and cut laterally 30 minutes after it happened. Just don't do anything drastic until those MRI results come back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, apk158 said:

I don't want to rain on the parade as this could be fantastic news, but an acute subjective response doesn't mean everything is clear. When I blew out my knee I didn't know it was gone until the following day response, I was able to hop and cut laterally 30 minutes after it happened. Just don't do anything drastic until those MRI results come back.

Yeah this is very true too. Take Isaac’s own assessment with a grain of salt.