s-kayos

Jonathan Isaac 2019-2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Owning him in dynasty is actually the best case scenario. At least you have a reason to have him on your roster. Everyone else is completely **** out of luck.

He'll be re-evaluated in 8 to 10 weeks. That means he'll be re-evulauated week 20 to 22. Our season ends week 21. Best case scenario he comes back right as playoffs starts. Not to mention limitations. I'm literally forced to hold a player that will get me zero stats the rest of the season...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BustHerPosey said:

I could cry right now. No one else brings Isaac’s numbers except Anthony Davis. 

Exactly. Issac is irreplaceable. I actually have both Issac and AD so I had been so lucky to be blessed with both up to this point. 

The closest to replicating is Noel (who I scooped up in anticipation of bad Issac news). Now if only Adams gets traded....

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Exactly. Issac is irreplaceable. I actually have both Issac and AD so I had been so lucky to be blessed with both up to this point. 

The closest to replicating is Noel (who I scooped up in anticipation of bad Issac news). Now if only Adams gets traded....

Last week, I traded Vooch/Ayton/Redick for Tatum/Fox/Oubre anticipating that Isaac and BroLo could hold down most of the BLK down for me.

Now I’m probably forced to either punt BLK in a 9-cat roto league, or adjust and start WCS and Smart to make up a fraction of Isaac’s production.

I wanna cry right now man 😭

Edited by ovofnd

His only value now is as a streamer during fantasy playoffs. So much promise on this kid, very sad to see.

27 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

that an effin long time..the post also says they will evaluate operative and non operative treatment depending on his rehab. 

not a good outcome here at all.  I bet he ****** up his patella and the tendon (hence the bruising on the patella or "bone contusion).  In two months there's a 50% chance he needs surgery anyways.  You heard it here first.  Not saying he will, but this is a bad result.  I figured personally he'd be out 2-4 weeks with a hypertension but this is much worse.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

Roto guys, what are you doing?

I'm stashing him in my IR. I'm willing to lose the IR spot for most of the year for even ~1 month of Isaac.

Just now, BrickWalled said:

I'm stashing him in my IR. I'm willing to lose the IR spot for most of the year for even ~1 month of Isaac.

Yeah, I have him in my IR. I’ll stash him in there. The extra steals and blocks might help in the last 2 weeks.

Man he was my favourite player to own this year. I’m in 1st place by a healthy margin and I’m still moving on. No IR, and 2+ Months means at the very best he’ll be at regular minutes by week 2 of playoffs. Even that feels extremely optimistic with the possibility of surgery. 

It will be interesting to see where he gets drafted next year but it will probably be too rich for my blood. He was having one of those magical seasons that are extremely hard to replicate. Fantasy aside, this kid is an absolute menace on the defensive end and if he ever figures out how to score he will be a star in this league.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sucks. I went ahead and grabbed Christian Wood. Definitely not replaceable with the stocks but hey... let’s hope for upside pick ups now 

15 minutes ago, FroButtons said:

He'll be re-evaluated in 8 to 10 weeks. That means he'll be re-evulauated week 20 to 22. Our season ends week 21. Best case scenario he comes back right as playoffs starts. Not to mention limitations. I'm literally forced to hold a player that will get me zero stats the rest of the season...

No you're not. Trade him if it bothers you that much.

Posted (edited)

10 weeks is matchup 1 of the playoffs for me (I'm in #1 spot right now thanks to his contributions), and I'm in an IR and keeper league, so I'll just hope on hope consider how optimistic he was about how it felt that he'll be on the 8 weeks side of recovery and back up to speed to seal the ship

Fully understand most people not holding him though

What I really need to decide is what I'm going to do at Small Forward... 

Edited by RCRanger03

49 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Fultz is about to take off IMO

no he's not, has nothing to do with him 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

speculation but possible replacements for stocks in deep leagues would include:

Nerlens Noel

Jarrett Culver 

Thybulle

Pat Bev

Poetl 

Sorry guys that's the best I could find sorting on #basketball right now.  Everybody actually good won't be available but those guys are the best for stocks that have a chance of being on your waiver.  Culver is intriguing but is buried unless the injuries continue in Minny.  Noel is the best replacement by far of those listed but is owned in about 50% of leagues already and any good league with good owners would have him scooped up long ago.  

Pat Bev is like a homeless man's Isaac and still hurt but could be useful.  Ditto Thybulle.  Poetl is almost strictly a blocks stream but might help on days he plays 4.

Edited by laurilegend
  • Thanks 1

As far as the magic roster there isn’t much to see. Vucevic and Fournier will eat a bit more on offense, and Iwundu might appear on the fantasy radar at some point (he’s a watch for now since he’s never really had this type of PT so no one really knows what his stat set is).

1 minute ago, brickcitymamba said:

I'm assuming he's a drop in points leagues? Thought I'd dodged a bullet when I traded Dray for him...

Hold with IL, drop if no IL. 

6 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

speculation but possible replacements for stocks in deep leagues would include:

Nerlens Noel

Jarrett Culver 

Thybulle

Pat Bev

Poetl 

Sorry guys that's the best I could find sorting on #basketball right now.  Everybody actually good won't be available but those guys are the best for stocks that have a chance of being on your waiver.  Culver is intriguing but is buried unless the injuries continue in Minny.  Noel is the best replacement by far of those listed but is owned in about 50% of leagues already and any good league with good owners would have him scooped up long ago.  

Pat Bev is like a homeless man's Isaac and still hurt but could be useful.  Ditto Thybulle.  Poetl is almost strictly a blocks stream but might help on days he plays 4.

Add WCS if he’s available.

I picked him up a few weeks ago and he’s Isaac lite. No 3s and stocks aren’t elite, but he’ll get you close to 1.4spg 1.8bpg kind of averages.

• Like 1

Picked up Dunn off waivers in anticipation of this news. At least I'll be able to patch the hole in steals (shame the rest of his game won't come close).

I got a healthy lead in 1st in my 12 team 9 cat roto but I have Dipo in my IR. Going to aggressively trade Dipo to stash Isaac in there, as long as I get him for the final 2 weeks of playoffs I’ll hope for the best.

• Like 1

**** news for owners obviously, but all things considered, great news for the kid.

Not an owner (sadly) but love watching him play

Wow this is sad, I'm not an Isaac owner but I was enjoying seeing the kid having such an amazing season. I'm dreaming about drafting him next year.

Who is the biggest beneficiary here? Is it Birch?

9 minutes ago, ItzJaBoiSam said:

Wow this is sad, I'm not an Isaac owner but I was enjoying seeing the kid having such an amazing season. I'm dreaming about drafting him next year.

Who is the biggest beneficiary here? Is it Birch?

Ross?  Birch?  I'm thinking Gordon.  Too bad for Isaac.  He was pretty healthy last year too.  At least he didn't tear anything! 

5 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Ross?  Birch?  I'm thinking Gordon.  Too bad for Isaac.  He was pretty healthy last year too.  At least he didn't tear anything! 

Sorry, I meant out of the waiver wire guys. Gordon is definitely the biggest beneficiary of all.