s-kayos

Jonathan Isaac 2019-2020 Outlook

spacer.png

I know it sucks because he was so good and his stat set is completely irreplaceable.

But it’s over. It’s been over. He is not coming back this year. Just cherish the time we had him and move on. All part of the healing process!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Stop bumping this thread... let us grieve in peace, this is just bringing up old memories 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Isaac's stats have been resurrected to James Johnson

Ehhhhh 

Nøt

Quite

• Haha 1

Well I guess from all this discussion, I must be misremembering things. For some reason I thought the Magic applied for and were granted a cap exemption, meaning he CANT play again this season. But seeing how wet you guys are about this whole thing, I must be wrong. Lol

The NBA want to finish all the games. Yahoo announced theyplan on finishing fantasy and have extended the current week by 28 days. Isaac is practicing. He's coming back.

1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

The NBA want to finish all the games. Yahoo announced theyplan on finishing fantasy and have extended the current week by 28 days. Isaac is practicing. He's coming back.

"Practicing" is extremely vague and I have not seen any evidence or support that he will somehow be ready to play in 30 days. If I missed some type of report that he's been a normal participant in practice please fill me in.

Also, it's a given that Yahoo will want to finish the fantasy season but that is completely out of their hands. The NBA has spoken about skipping straight to playoffs if the suspension lasts long enough and at that point Yahoo can't do anything to save the season. Even a 30 day suspension could result in some games (if not all) being cut from the schedule and make fantasy playoffs a wash.

Yes theres no risk in holding Isaac but it's best to understand how unlikely his return is when doing so as there may be other stashes with a much more realistic return.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

Well I guess from all this discussion, I must be misremembering things. For some reason I thought the Magic applied for and were granted a cap exemption, meaning he CANT play again this season. But seeing how wet you guys are about this whole thing, I must be wrong. Lol

If I remember correctly they applied for the exemption, but the league refused it.

10 hours ago, Spyplane said:

The NBA want to finish all the games.

Source?  

I'd be shocked if teams play any more than 5-10 games before launching the playoffs. 

Posted (edited)

"Jonathan Isaac suffered a torn ACL in his left knee, the Orlando Magic announced on Sunday."

Another lost year. Wondering if it's really just bad luck or if it also has to do with him having had a lengthy lay-off, then having the Corona shut down and coming back with a short practice period and playing full games.

Edited by perkinsfor3

9 hours ago, perkinsfor3 said:

"Jonathan Isaac suffered a torn ACL in his left knee, the Orlando Magic announced on Sunday."

Another lost year. Wondering if it's really just bad luck or if it also has to do with him having had a lengthy lay-off, then having the Corona shut down and coming back with a short practice period and playing full games.

Maybe. this is just sad though. He was looking like he was going to be a really special player.

Magic management is gonna get second guessed to death over playing him I'd imagine.

Even without the ACL though id have had a really hard time pulling the trigger on him in the top 20 next season (if there is a next season!?). It just really seemed like staying on the court was going to be a big ongoing issue for him. 

12 hours ago, perkinsfor3 said:

He was only playing like 15 min a game after the restart, but yeah the lay-off and the Magic should've just kept him out for next season.

Ok, going to take a lot of heat from this but I have a feeling the NBA and its commish are super relieved that he is done for this season so that everyone can kneel like they wanted to. Rest up man, starting to become a fan. 

14 hours ago, ginocan said:

Ok, going to take a lot of heat from this but I have a feeling the NBA and its commish are super relieved that he is done for this season so that everyone can kneel like they wanted to. Rest up man, starting to become a fan. 

This is a dumb post based on nothing. A lot of players have been supportive of JI making his own choices, just like with Leonard.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, perkinsfor3 said:

This is a dumb post based on nothing. A lot of players have been supportive of JI making his own choices, just like with Leonard.

Yea you are missing the point. But it’s cool. 

18 hours ago, ginocan said:

Yea you are missing the point. But it’s cool. 

What exactly is your point 

• Like 1