s-kayos

Jonathan Isaac 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, ssolitare said:

Sweet line, hopefully it happens one more time this season 😬


especially when he’s in the lineup. Would hate to have this stat line wasted on the bench. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dapro said:

Dang it, he was on my bench tonight.


thanks for the contribution 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From ranked outside the top 140 to the top 20 with tonight's game.

Just shows you it's silly to panic about guys after just a few games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

From ranked outside the top 140 to the top 20 with tonight's game.

Just shows you it's silly to panic about guys after just a few games.

Lol what? He's ranked 60th currently on Yahoo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheBoondocks said:

Lol what? He's ranked 60th currently on Yahoo 

he's ranked 19 on bbm per game basis as of right now

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheBoondocks said:

Lol what? He's ranked 60th currently on Yahoo 

Not sure what you're looking at but that's not accurate

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing against the Knicks today. Expectations? I would really like to see some consistency on offense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TheBoondocks said:

Lol what? He's ranked 60th currently on Yahoo 

You’re looking at the projected rank, not the actual rank.  Yahoo is reporting his actual rank as 31.  Even that isn’t accurate as they go by totals and most people when referencing BBM use per game.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Igno said:

Playing against the Knicks today. Expectations? I would really like to see some consistency on offense

Gordon, Vuc, Fournier dictate what Isaac will do on offense for now. Consistency is overrated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thezing1 said:

Gordon, Vuc, Fournier dictate what Isaac will do on offense for now. But who cares, consistency is overrated. 

Actually I value consistency because you know what to expect and make moves accordingly. At least if his playing time is steady at about 30 mins then his stocks and rebs will be as well. Ofc the coaching staff has no reason to play him less than that, meaning that only foul trouble and inj will keep him off the court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Igno said:

Actually I value consistency because you know what to expect and make moves accordingly. At least if his playing time is steady at about 30 mins then his stocks and rebs will be as well. Ofc the coaching staff has no reason to play him less than that, meaning that only foul trouble and inj will keep him off the court.

If you are playing H2H consistency is a factor (although I would still say it is a pipe dream to expect it)....for roto it is no factor. How stats get accumulated and averaged out over a season makes zero difference for a plug and play option like Isaac. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

If you are playing H2H consistency is a factor (although I would still say it is a pipe dream to expect it)....for roto it is no factor. How stats get accumulated and averaged out over a season makes zero difference for a plug and play option like Isaac. 

Yeah... H2H🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have Isaac, I recommend you don’t drop him. Watching him play, he could easily make an all defensive team this year. In the end talent and ability prevail, no way will Isaac be taking a back seat to Fournier or other role players on the offensive end as the season goes on. He’ll be in line for MIP player as well. This is going to be a break out year for Isaac. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to know why Aaron Gordon thinks he’s Michael Jordan. How does the dude only make 2/9 shots but keep taking shots. Couple times Isaac is open but Gordon decides to take a contested fadeaway shot. Just annoyed how a team allows a player that shot so well last game only take 1 shot this game. Some black holes on this team that don’t deserve to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

At 8:15 mark you can see Fournier completely ignored our boy Isaac, who was wide open and in disbelieve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he was averaging 20PPG everyone would be losing their minds about how good he is but that would have absolutely nothing to do with his real value, which is defensive stats, a little across the board and efficiency. He's a stud. He doesn't need to score much at all for that statement to be true.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, S.T.A.T. said:

 

 

At 8:15 mark you can see Fournier completely ignored our boy Isaac, who was wide open and in disbelieve.

AG too. Fournier just wanted that drive because RJ was getting stretched out and the NYK defense wasn't set. It was a good drive, especially with Robinson prone to fouling. In fact, the best pass would have been to Vuc at the point when Randle and Robinson collapsed on him.

I probably wouldn't look for Isaac for the open 3 to be honest, he's streaky and that 5 3PTM game seems like an outlier as he hasn't dropped any threes in any other game.

Tempering our expectations on the offensive end would be the best way of going at this, I wouldn't expect more than 10 ppg but obviously would welcome it.

Edited by tongs
typo
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was wrong about this dude, the muscle he put on in the off season seems to be doing him wonders. He can bully guys, something he really couldn't do before and that's going to help him considerably. Dont see his points getting to 20 or anything like that but he will be a stocks monster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.