s-kayos

Jonathan Isaac 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, QingJames said:

Traded CP3 and Wendell Carter Jr. for Isaac. Big gamble but I love this kid, and I expect him to do great things this year.

Wow...... you really like this kid..........hope he can improve his scoring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fuc826 said:

Wow...... you really like this kid..........hope he can improve his scoring.

I was probably going to drop Carter anyways once PG gets back, and CP3 is looking like he doesn't even enjoy playing basketball anymore, so I really don't feel too bad about casting off those guys. But yeah, I'm hoping Isaac comes up big. I honestly don't give a shizz if he doesn't score more than 12ppg so long as he can maintain the rest of these stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, QingJames said:

I was probably going to drop Carter anyways once PG gets back, and CP3 is looking like he doesn't even enjoy playing basketball anymore, so I really don't feel too bad about casting off those guys. But yeah, I'm hoping Isaac comes up big. I honestly don't give a shizz if he doesn't score more than 12ppg so long as he can maintain the rest of these stats.

Not gonna lie bro but that is the worst trade i have seen in fantasy. Carter Jr is arguably a better player than isaac already and he is a double double that gets not as many blocks as isaac but enough to be noticed. And then giving away a player who has finished every season he has played, top 30 in fantasy per game value? Crazy. I have Isaac and i believe he will be a monster in stocks this season, could even average 10 6 and 3 popcorn stats. But if someone came to me with that offer id be taking it and running to the championship. There are plenty a players on the waiver who can emulate Isaac's stock production (OG, Matiise etc.) Players always overreact at the start of seasons and make trades that eventually make their team worse. I hope Isaac can be the monster he needs you to be, but my god you need to be patient next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Not gonna lie bro but that is the worst trade i have seen in fantasy. Carter Jr is arguably a better player than isaac already and he is a double double that gets not as many blocks as isaac but enough to be noticed. And then giving away a player who has finished every season he has played, top 30 in fantasy per game value? Crazy. I have Isaac and i believe he will be a monster in stocks this season, could even average 10 6 and 3 popcorn stats. But if someone came to me with that offer id be taking it and running to the championship. There are plenty a players on the waiver who can emulate Isaac's stock production (OG, Matiise etc.) Players always overreact at the start of seasons and make trades that eventually make their team worse. I hope Isaac can be the monster he needs you to be, but my god you need to be patient next time.

Lol isaac's stock production is not easy to emulate. OG and Matisse are drafted players in most leagues.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Not gonna lie bro but that is the worst trade i have seen in fantasy. Carter Jr is arguably a better player than isaac already and he is a double double that gets not as many blocks as isaac but enough to be noticed. And then giving away a player who has finished every season he has played, top 30 in fantasy per game value? Crazy. I have Isaac and i believe he will be a monster in stocks this season, could even average 10 6 and 3 popcorn stats. But if someone came to me with that offer id be taking it and running to the championship. There are plenty a players on the waiver who can emulate Isaac's stock production (OG, Matiise etc.) Players always overreact at the start of seasons and make trades that eventually make their team worse. I hope Isaac can be the monster he needs you to be, but my god you need to be patient next time.

I was lambasted for the trade in another thread too, but I think time will vindicate me by the end of the season. Isaac is straight up better than Carter, and OG and Thybulle are snapped up already. CP3 as well will not come remotely close to top 30 fantasy this season. He looks like he doesn't even want to play, and I expect he'll be shut down during the fantasy playoffs. I might end up regretting it, but honestly I have a very solid team and I think Isaac will deliver big time, especially during the fantasy playoffs when the Magic will, in all likelihood, be fighting for a spot in the postseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Not gonna lie bro but that is the worst trade i have seen in fantasy. Carter Jr is arguably a better player than isaac already and he is a double double that gets not as many blocks as isaac but enough to be noticed. And then giving away a player who has finished every season he has played, top 30 in fantasy per game value? Crazy. I have Isaac and i believe he will be a monster in stocks this season, could even average 10 6 and 3 popcorn stats. But if someone came to me with that offer id be taking it and running to the championship. There are plenty a players on the waiver who can emulate Isaac's stock production (OG, Matiise etc.) Players always overreact at the start of seasons and make trades that eventually make their team worse. I hope Isaac can be the monster he needs you to be, but my god you need to be patient next time.

 

...doubtful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2019 at 9:01 AM, QingJames said:

I was lambasted for the trade in another thread too, but I think time will vindicate me by the end of the season. Isaac is straight up better than Carter, and OG and Thybulle are snapped up already. CP3 as well will not come remotely close to top 30 fantasy this season. He looks like he doesn't even want to play, and I expect he'll be shut down during the fantasy playoffs. I might end up regretting it, but honestly I have a very solid team and I think Isaac will deliver big time, especially during the fantasy playoffs when the Magic will, in all likelihood, be fighting for a spot in the postseason.

 

Depends on league settings.  I think CP3 will be very good this season for total value over the season. Good for roto and I think he is a buy low in that format.

For H2H, I wouldn't  touch him with a 10ft pole.  He will for sure be rested in the fantasy playoffs, and the ups and down during the season will be very frustrating. He may help win you a match up, then lose another.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DZaak said:

 

Depends on league settings.  I think CP3 will be very good this season for total value over the season. Good for roto and I think he is a buy low in that format.

For H2H, I wouldn't  touch him with a 10ft pole.  He will for sure be rested in the fantasy playoffs, and the ups and down during the season will be very frustrating. He may help win you a match up, then lose another.

Yeah, It's H2H.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same ish as last year....Aaron Gordon taking too many damn shots.

Hopefully a trade can happen an open things up for Isaac.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nate1213 said:

Is he still worth a hold in a 12 team points league?

In my league he would be, using CBS points scoring (12 Team).  There are some players that have only played 4 games. While others have played 7. He is #97 in my league now. But if everyone had played 6 or 7 games, he probably would be in the #130 range.

His efficiency with his minutes played is borderline (.74).  He has been getting almost 30 min a game. If he starts falling to 25 min a game, he may not be rosterable. But if his minutes hold and he gets a bit more efficient, he should be a decent.

You have to watch out for the Roto guys analysis on players like this. They are looking to win categories. So when the category guys are going Gaga because he is getting steals and blocks, you have to tune them out. 

Otherwise you will end up grabbing players like Thybulle who really don't belong on your team in a points league unless maybe you are in a 16-20 team league. But I'm not sure Thybulle even cuts it there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.