chaiway

Josh Jackson 2019-2020 Outlook

Fomer Sun / Former 4th overall Pick / Formerly arrested and tried to run away from police while in cuffs

Now with a rebuilding Grizzlies team w/ very little Depth at SG/SF 

SG - Brooks (coming off an injury)/Grayson Allen (lots of issues) / Melton (out 4-8 weeks with a stress reaction in his back)

SF - Crowder (trade candidate)/Bruno/ Solomon Hill (forgot about this guy) / (maybe SloMo as well)

Apparently starting the pre-season with their G league team.... What?

Could get cut or could develop in his 3rd season. 

Dart throw at the end of deep drafts... anyone have any hope this guy gets it together?

I'd rather risk a pick on Bruno Caboclo, and I think (rightly or wrongly) Kyle Anderson will get some minutes at SF.

Starting the pre-season with the G League doesn't really give me confidence. He's a straight fade for me.

Will be one to watch for sure but minutes will be tough to get. Brooks playing out of his mind and Melton too good to lose his already limited minutes

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Will be one to watch for sure but minutes will be tough to get. Brooks playing out of his mind and Melton too good to lose his already limited minutes

Melton is a PG, Brooks is mostly a SG. Jackson can play more SF.  Dont think 20 minutes+ is impossible. Injuries and ineptitude present a sneaky pick up. 

13 minutes ago, MynameisMudd said:

Melton is a PG, Brooks is mostly a SG. Jackson can play more SF.  Dont think 20 minutes+ is impossible. Injuries and ineptitude present a sneaky pick up. 

Melton and Brooks can play multiple positions. Their minutes are safe. He might get minutes in garbage time that’s it. Jenkins runs a tight ship and if everyone is healthy he won’t play at all 

On 9/27/2019 at 12:36 PM, chaiway said:

Fomer Sun / Former 4th overall Pick / Formerly arrested and tried to run away from police while in cuffs

Now with a rebuilding Grizzlies team w/ very little Depth at SG/SF 

SG - Brooks (coming off an injury)/Grayson Allen (lots of issues) / Melton (out 4-8 weeks with a stress reaction in his back)

SF - Crowder (trade candidate)/Bruno/ Solomon Hill (forgot about this guy) / (maybe SloMo as well)

Apparently starting the pre-season with their G league team.... What?

Could get cut or could develop in his 3rd season. 

Dart throw at the end of deep drafts... anyone have any hope this guy gets it together?

This guy is hot trash... this thread is pointless lol.

i think he can carve out a meaningful role in memphis, tbh seeing him last night, think he learned his lesson and all of this made him hungry, seeing everything else off the court it seems like he matured a lot since this summer...hes only 22, removed from his second season, looks like hes workin on that shot, he can definitely be a part of the grizzlies future

8 hours ago, L3onD said:

i think he can carve out a meaningful role in memphis, tbh seeing him last night, think he learned his lesson and all of this made him hungry, seeing everything else off the court it seems like he matured a lot since this summer...hes only 22, removed from his second season, looks like hes workin on that shot, he can definitely be a part of the grizzlies future

I know there was a string of injuries and a blowout but him getting 25+ minutes was a strong enough sign for me to atleast keep him on my radar

Edited by indigorivers

Mem looking a little thin at the forward spot, might be able to get to 25-30 min. For as bad of a shooter he is, he's still a better outside shooter than slo-mo.

A super athletic guy who has been super inefficient in his NBA careers.

Hope his game has matured. 

Guy had 11-5-4-1-1 across 17 min. Hopefully he can keep it up 

Posted (edited)

Solid pick up. He needs to continue this for stretch for the playoffs and the sake of Our playoffs 😂 

Edited by The_Real_Deal
  • Like 1