kane

Derrick Favors 2019-2020 Outlook

what a shame they lost 13 in a row, i like this pelicans team very much...and favors fits this team perfectly, i wish they keep him for the long run, dude is so good

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

What a great game against Gobert.  Holding his own so far!  Headed to OT even! 

I like going to OT for additional production. But I like them to win as well. :(

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ahtech said:

I like going to OT for additional production. But I like them to win as well. :(

And win they did!  Wow where this this game come from.  I was just expecting his by now standard double double game with a couple of blocks. Then he goes and scores 21 points.  I'm just glad the hamstring isn't an issue. 

Wow what a duel between Ingram and Mitchell.  Gonna have to check the highlights later. 

• Like 1

21+11+3+2 stls+3 blks

What a revenge game for Favors

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Putting up 3rd round value for the last month even with that game where he scored 2 points in 11 minutes due to injury. 

He's a monster so far. Consistent low end double doubles with a couple stocks on great FG%.

22 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

He's a monster so far. Consistent low end double doubles with a couple stocks on great FG%.

Love having these reliable guys on the team.  Also, he's a contract year miracle.  Bro's getting paid no matter what!

This guy has been gravy for me. Frustrated owner dropped him awhile back before his return and now I'm reaping the benefits.

Just need him to stay healthy. Easier said than done with that hamstring. 

Edited by izeroi

2 hours ago, izeroi said:

This guy has been gravy for me. Frustrated owner dropped him awhile back before his return and now I'm reaping the benefits.

Just need him to stay healthy. Easier said than done with that hamstring. 

Same situation here. Just think that your  team is getting third round value while he’s healthy basically for free. If he can give you 40-50 games of that then it’s all gravy.

Meanwhile haters like @JormaJormala can keep crying those salty tears while he’s killing it.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2019 at 2:26 PM, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

im not sure it ever was gonna be worth it lol unless zion is pulled

On 12/6/2019 at 2:58 PM, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

such an outlier lol. add zion in a few weeks, this guy will be so far behind the bench. 

On 12/13/2019 at 10:36 AM, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

let's see what happens to favors mins when zions back okay? mr jaxon hayes already taking some of his mins lol. u can bet your a** favors is not gonna be that relevant this year. 

i could say the same about you?

u never heard of small ball? lmfao

On 12/13/2019 at 2:00 PM, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

i mean i think you guys took me too literally, but if favors gets like 15-20mpg, im not all that interested. specially with guys like zion and ingram and jrue

On 12/16/2019 at 11:22 AM, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

I did, i chose to let him rot on the wire lol. in fact, hes still on the wire lol

nice 2 pt 5board game to follow up ur snidy remark about 2020 LMFAo get some.  was off for a few weeks and conditioning already got to him lol

I think the point you missed is that the 2020 game is probably gonna be his best performance of the year. 

ppl dont have to play C to eat away at his usage shots and rebounds (zion will take all 3 and jaxon hayes too LMFAO). and hwos that 2 pt 5 board game treating you? he'll get to 2020 eventually maybe after the week lmfao. 

My centers/core is fine. missed out on him? i don't think so. he was good last year in limited mins, but he only had d mitch. this year he has ball ingram jrue and zion.... sooo u do the math?

On 12/23/2019 at 10:52 AM, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

solid production lately, what worries me is hes never really been a great rebounder. 8.8rpg a few years ago averaging 30+mpg. i dunno how we can expect dbl dbl from 22-27 mins a night. 

it will be serviceable, but meh wuith that being said ive picked him up for a dose of blocks

On 12/26/2019 at 10:56 AM, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

He may be proving me wrong and glad I took a flier

34 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

killing it!

Lmao. This dude. Honestly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

15 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Lmaoo changed his mind real quick

• Haha 2

very very upset i missed picking him up. will be curious to see how his minutes and playing time work with zion unless favors plays the 5?

10 minutes ago, brosephd said:

very very upset i missed picking him up. will be curious to see how his minutes and playing time work with zion unless favors plays the 5?

Favors only plays the 5 for pels

10 hours ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

lmaoo this dudes the biggest clown.

14 hours ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Favors only plays the 5 for pels

Yeah favors is pretty much the only player on that team who's a true rim protector and who can actually guard elite bigs and slashing guards. There's a reason the Pels win games when he's on the floor.