kane

Derrick Favors 2019-2020 Outlook

Oh balls. Hamstring? I don’t care. Sore vagina? Still don’t care. But lower back soreness? 

yea im worried now. 

I was at the Pelicans game last night and he had the heat pad on his back anytime he was on the bench, so there’s that.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Hope he gets that soreness healed, dont mind him sitting out next game with a full lineup. 

Yeah. Thankfully its a very full slate on Monday. Rest up big fella. 

1 hour ago, DemOrioles said:

I was at the Pelicans game last night and he had the heat pad on his back anytime he was on the bench, so there’s that.

It's a long season and since this was an ongoing thing for him, medical staff probably has him do it just to alleviate the soreness.  I don't think they only play when they are 100 percent fresh.  It's impossible with such a long season.  Thus maintenance like this is 100 percent necessary and not a sign of doom.  It's like when guys always ice their knees after the game.  Hope it loosens up for him though.  Been playing too well to sit. 

Gentry is playing this guy crazy minutes. Shouldn’t be playing no more than 28min this guy. 

On 1/18/2020 at 9:04 PM, MuscleChestbrook said:

He got dropped TWICE in my very competitive 12-man league. At the start and then during injury. Unbelievable. 

For how much crap u talk. Maybe u need to calm down as he was dropped twice as well.

Edited by steempot

Ugh. This man has been extremely unreliable all season. He's played what? One maybe two full weeks this year without missing a game?

1 hour ago, Dominator83 said:

Ugh. This man has been extremely unreliable all season. He's played what? One maybe two full weeks this year without missing a game?

still, unreliable or not, he should be your second or third option, you can handle the biz without him (if u have like 3,4 main guys out then obviously not) but i aint dropping this beast even if he misses the next 3 weeks, fav is a national treasure

1 hour ago, L3onD said:

still, unreliable or not, he should be your second or third option, you can handle the biz without him (if u have like 3,4 main guys out then obviously not) but i aint dropping this beast even if he misses the next 3 weeks, fav is a national treasure

Weekly lineups. So missing a game or 2 every week hurts big time

as long as pelicans keep winning im happy to keep favors. Gotta hope they stay in the playoff race and not go full on youth movement

4 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

do you post in here when he’s doing study things? I’m just asking ...not being a prick at all. It just seems this thread gets pretty quiet when he’s healthy. And then gets flossed with “ugh” posts when he’s hurt.

like the poster up above said, he’s most likely all of our 3rd-4th option at the big man position. Should be fine when he sits

16 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

do you post in here when he’s doing study things? I’m just asking ...not being a prick at all. It just seems this thread gets pretty quiet when he’s healthy. And then gets flossed with “ugh” posts when he’s hurt.

like the poster up above said, he’s most likely all of our 3rd-4th option at the big man position. Should be fine when he sits

Again, WEEKLY lineups. Which means if someone doesn't play, you eat a zero for the night. This isn't daily where I can just simply pick up Hayes and plug him in. This is his 3rd straight week of him turning in a 0. Even when healthy, he misses games for minor tweaks. If your in daily, then sure you can ride his 2 games a week he plays. But in weekly leagues he's been unplayable 

Edited by Dominator83
  • Like 1

How much do y’all think his season outlook will change once zions back? Worth sending out some trades or hold?

Just now, c0penhagen said:

How much do y’all think his season outlook will change once zions back? Worth sending out some trades or hold?

I don't think Zion is the kind of guy who will steal rebounds from vets.  That said he'll probably still be affected, but at least he'll get 8 a game I think.  It's reasonable to expect less double doubles.  But if they minute restrict Zion (which I think he said they won't, but I think is the smart thing to do), it'll have even less impact.  The bigger threat is Zion jumping into his back and breaking it.  That's scarier than a couple rebounds taken away. 

8 minutes ago, c0penhagen said:

If I can get a top 40ish player less injury prone, might pull the trigger. He's ranked top 30 on averages the past month FWIW.

17 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

If I can get a top 40ish player less injury prone, might pull the trigger. He's ranked top 30 on averages the past month FWIW.

That's a high bar. I'd persinally stretch it out to a consistent top 60-70 (I.e., not a random like Bjelica putting up situational numbers).

Edited by MuscleChestbrook

Stockholm syndrome is a condition in which hostages develop a psychological alliance with their captors during captivity. ... A hostage's development of positive feelings towards the captor.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

Stockholm syndrome is a condition in which hostages develop a psychological alliance with their captors during captivity. ... A hostage's development of positive feelings towards the captor.

Lol funny how these clowns only show up whenever there's any bad news. Awfully quiet when favors was putting up monster numbers 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

doesnt seem realistic at all... no ones giving u a top 40 lol and that really just speaks to his percieved value and the fact that he was probably dropped a ton and is injury prone in most peoples minds. 

Edited by steempot

I was able to flip Favors and Dinwiddie for Derozan.
2 people in my league wanted to veto it though...

11 minutes ago, steempot said:

doesnt seem realistic at all... no ones giving u a top 40 lol and that really just speaks to his percieved value and the fact that he was probably dropped a ton and is injury prone in most peoples minds. 

Top 40 might be a bit of a stretch but I don't think it's entirely unrealistic. Big men are pretty scarce and Favors is a huge net positive on the traditional big men cats fg%, rebs and blocks. I can see someone desperate for a big man trade give up a Buddy Hield type for example.