kane

Derrick Favors 2019-2020 Outlook

Just now, Lob City99 said:

Praying to god, PLEASE PLAY. I'm dying. 

But seriously, I need his rebounds and FG% badly this week. Just 20 mins is enough for me. 

Just now, orlgln said:

Praying to god, PLEASE PLAY. I'm dying. 

But seriously, I need his rebounds and FG% badly this week. Just 20 mins is enough for me. 

Same here bud

Just now, DezedandConfused said:

Derrick Favors (back) said "we'll see" when asked about his status for Wednesday's game against the Spurs.

-_- 

When asked if I'm going to keep this dude in my roster much longer, I said, "We'll see."

• Haha 5

Out of everyone on my roster he has the latest game tonight...

Put in a for sure playing C (not as good as Favors) or gamble and leave him in my lineup....

Upgraded to probable. I wonder what the starting line up is going to be with zion starting. Im guessing reddick to the bench. Jrue, lonzo, ingram, zion, favors?

12 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

Upgraded to probable. I wonder what the starting line up is going to be with zion starting. Im guessing reddick to the bench. Jrue, lonzo, ingram, zion, favors?

Reddick is questionable to play. Lonzo, Jrue, Ingram, Zion, Favors

4 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

Top 40 might be a bit of a stretch but I don't think it's entirely unrealistic. Big men are pretty scarce and Favors is a huge net positive on the traditional big men cats fg%, rebs and blocks. I can see someone desperate for a big man trade give up a Buddy Hield type for example. 

buddy hasnt been top 40 since last year tho, so this lines up with what i said

5 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

Top 40 might be a bit of a stretch but I don't think it's entirely unrealistic. Big men are pretty scarce and Favors is a huge net positive on the traditional big men cats fg%, rebs and blocks. I can see someone desperate for a big man trade give up a Buddy Hield type for example. 

Yeah. Favors' perceived value is a LOT lower than his actual value. Barring nagging injuries, I expect him to be a top 50 player ROS. 

17 minutes ago, steempot said:

Buddy has definitely been horrible this season. I've heard that a lot of the blame goes on Luke Walton's offensive system, or lack thereof. He's been #81 overall. Trading for him would be a surprise given that you go from one of the best FG% anchors to one of the worst FG% contributors. It would swing FG% quite dramatically, but would make sense in a punt FG build.  

Edited by MuscleChestbrook

10 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Yeah. Favors' perceived value is a LOT lower than his actual value. Barring nagging injuries, I expect him to be a top 50 player ROS. 

Buddy has definitely been horrible this season. I've heard that a lot of the blame goes on Luke Walton's offensive system, or lack thereof. He's been #81 overall. Trading for him would be a surprise given that you go from one of the best FG% anchors to one of the worst FG% contributors. It would swing FG% quite dramatically, but would make sense in a punt FG build.  

This happens to a lot of guys who are unproven or are injury prone. im not sure why you were going off on people earlier. you seem biased. especially given how "good" you are, yet the league you're in dropped favors a few times. 

what do u mean barring? He's BEEN going through them. its seriously stunting his value and explains why a lot of ppl were bummed early year. oh and ZION is back tn.

Ya, i would never do favors for buddy. buddy looks bad this year. 

Edited by steempot

7 minutes ago, steempot said:

im not sure why you were going off on people earlier. you seem biased. especially given how "good" you are, yet the league you're in dropped favors a few times. 

What are you talking about? I commented on how unbelievable him being dropped twice was to highlight how low his perceived value was. I am not sure how you're extrapolating that to me claiming to be good? 

And I never went off on anyone. I quoted a dude who went from being super antagonistic within the thread, shitting on people for holding onto Favors, and generally just giving bad advice. That dude then went on to jumping on the hype train. I wanted to quote him to point out his hypocrisy. 

You know you can go read the thread as opposed to flinging random claims towards me. 

6 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

What are you talking about? I commented on how unbelievable him being dropped twice was to highlight how low his perceived value was. I am not sure how you're extrapolating that to me claiming to be good? 

And I never went off on anyone. I quoted a dude who went from being super antagonistic within the thread, shitting on people for holding onto Favors, and generally just giving bad advice. That dude then went on to jumping on the hype train. I wanted to quote him to point out his hypocrisy. 

You know you can go read the thread as opposed to flinging random claims towards me. 

i did read the thread. i didnt see him give any advice beyond saying zion was coming back and favors had been bad. if you can highlight how low his percieved value was, surely the dude saying favors was a bum wasn't off base. what is wrong with you?

From what I saw, he didnt' need favors and ppl were shitting on him for not picking him up and then he picked him up and u and others were still on it.

isnt it also hypocrisy to give ppl **** for being assholes then doing something similar back to others? its also funny how you felt the need to quote him twice even after he jumped on lol. surely you have better things to do.

Edited by steempot

11 minutes ago, steempot said:

i did read the thread. i didnt see him give any advice beyond saying zion was coming back and favors had been bad. if you can highlight how low his percieved value was, surely the dude saying favors was a bum wasn't off base. what is wrong with you?

From what I saw, he didnt' need favors and ppl were shitting on him for not picking him up and then he picked him up and u and others were still on it.

isnt it also hypocrisy to give ppl **** for being assholes then doing something similar back to others? its also funny how you felt the need to quote him twice even after he jumped on lol. surely you have better things to do.

Quoting him is me being an a**hole to him? Hahaha. Okay. Maybe read his responses first before you play "holier than thou". He was giving everyone terrible advice and I asked him if he missed on out Favors for him to do that. And then he responds with this. So yeah, if you're going to give s---y advice and just be super antagonistic and then pretend like nothing happened, I am sure as hell going to remind you of it.

EQPV5MW.png

Anyway, I have nothing to prove to you. Back to Favors' ROS outlook.

8 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Quoting him is me being an a**hole to him? Hahaha. Okay. Maybe read his responses first before you play "holier than thou". He was giving everyone terrible advice and I asked him if he missed on out Favors for him to do that. And then he responds with this. So yeah, if you're going to give s---y advice and just be super antagonistic and then pretend like nothing happened, I am sure as hell going to remind you of it.

EQPV5MW.png

Anyway, I have nothing to prove to you. Back to Favors' ROS outlook.

again it doesnt look like advice to me, seems to just say he thinks favors sucks.... which is a valid opinion like yours . he said he chose to let him rot, it never said everyone drop favors. maybe youre reading something im not lol. 20 pt20reb def seems like its gonna be his peak game this year

no again, learn to read i said quoting him like this makes you hypocritical and you look like an a**hole too the very thing you called him out on. 

Favors is good we get it, the numbers don't lie. do you really gain anything by making someone look like a fool? you just look immature

ROS - lets see how zion affects him? that will be quite impactful i imagine

Edited by steempot

48 minutes ago, steempot said:

32 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

I'll admit i haven't been following Buddy too closely this year (I had him last year when he was awesome) but he's ranked 41 on BBM and 40 on Yahoo 8 cat?  I only picked him because he's the first guy that jumped out at me when I looked at players ranked in that range. 

Just now, Purple Hippo said:

I'll admit i haven't been following Buddy too closely this year (I had him last year when he was awesome) but he's ranked 41 on BBM and 40 on Yahoo 8 cat?  I only picked him because he's the first guy that jumped out at me when I looked at players ranked in that range. 

always refer to 9 cat. 

It's such a stark turnaround seeing him now compared to the first televised game where he was still getting into shape and dealing with the hammy.  His impact on the team is clear on the defensive end and with finding open spots inside for easy buckets (and his passing is underrated).  Just hope his back stops flaring up because I don't think Zion necessarily hurts him all that much.

just got his 2nd foul,foul trouble

1 minute ago, kane said:

just got his 2nd foul,foul trouble

he was out here too long as well. That’s bad coaching, and he got that 2nd fouls because of it. 

this team is strange. They really should be playing through favors via Jrue. Slow it down and kick out. I’ve seen so many plays where a 3 gets jacked up with plenty on the clock, no chance for offensive rebounds etc.

oh wait. That’s what the nba is now ☹️

11 hours ago, Ray Barboni said:

he was out here too long as well. That’s bad coaching, and he got that 2nd fouls because of it. 

this team is strange. They really should be playing through favors via Jrue. Slow it down and kick out. I’ve seen so many plays where a 3 gets jacked up with plenty on the clock, no chance for offensive rebounds etc.

oh wait. That’s what the nba is now ☹️

was it zion or his back that dropped him back to 23 mins?

6 minutes ago, steempot said:

committed his 4th foul with 9:55 to go in the 3rd, checked back in with 5 to go in the 4th.

Edited by doomz

2 hours ago, steempot said:

Felt like a medical decision honestly.  It seemed like he played a lot in the first half, then we suddenly don't see him at all in the third quarter.  Zion hardly played, it was Hayes in for almost the entire third, and I wouldn't say he was playing so well that they had to keep him in over Favors.  The interior defense looked appreciably worse with Hayes often not being in position to protect the rim.

So likely a maintenance thing considering he just missed a game, and hopefully it rolls into him feeling better for the next game, but you can't help but feel like Favors has a back soreness meter that fills up very quickly and it's only a matter of a couple games before it maxes out and he misses another game.  Hopefully it stops happening but I doubt it unless they cut his minutes every game like this, which would suck.  As we saw he's a per minute monster at least and gave us 11 and 8 in the first half alone, so regardless hopefully he'll still be productive.

Edited by CharlesCC2
Whoops, meant Favors not Zion having back issues