kane

Derrick Favors 2019-2020 Outlook

58 minutes ago, steempot said:

@MuscleChestbrook

interesting how favors is a ton more quiet with zion back.... @WhatIsThisWizardry wasn't wrong after all

Where them quotes at now? 😘

16 hours ago, ahtech said:

Yes of course they are better of zion at C since zion cant shoot 3. Favors didnt even close out the game. 

In the last 2 weeks since Zion has been playing Favors has averaged 10 points and 9.5 rebounds on 65% shooting....which is almost identical to  what he’s been averaging for the year? 

His minutes may be down, but that’s a good thing considering how often he gets hurt when he plays 30+ minutes

57 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

In the last 2 weeks since Zion has been playing Favors has averaged 10 points and 9.5 rebounds on 65% shooting....which is almost identical to  what he’s been averaging for the year? 

His minutes may be down, but that’s a good thing considering how often he gets hurt when he plays 30+ minutes

lol as wizardry stated 118th over last week and 158th, definitely not what he was doing prior to zion coming back.... i dont know what you are trying to say lol. him going from 30ish mins to low 20s is like a 20% reduction in stats, making him serviceable not a stud. 

34 minutes ago, steempot said:

lol as wizardry stated 118th over last week and 158th, definitely not what he was doing prior to zion coming back.... i dont know what you are trying to say lol. him going from 30ish mins to low 20s is like a 20% reduction in stats, making him serviceable not a stud. 

43 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

sure, but again, zion did take some of his production away DESPITE every laughing at me saying he wouldnt because he doesn't even tho he doesn't play C which I predicted and HE DOES (LOL @MuscleChestbrook! i dunno how how ppl think a guy like zion with his skillset wouldn't take boards and playing time away from favors let alone his speed vs favors. Especially how one sided you made it seem and how quickly you reacted when Zion hadn't even stepped foot on the court lol

his yearly averages are definitely very skewed so what with his awful play early year and inflated play pre zion. thats barely comparable tbh. 
ranked 118th over last 2 weeks and 158th over last week. but ya, hes not trending down

10 and 10 on 65% shooting and 1.5 blocks in low 20's minutes were what his stats were last year and that is good enough for top 75 production.  I got him off the wire both years and that is what I've expected from him both this year and last, and what I expect for ROS.  His lowerish ranking last 2 weeks are probably from lower number of blocks, which is a stat that comes and goes in spurts.

@WhatIsThisWizardry  I've never personally laughed at, attacked you or even referenced you so don't lump me in with everyone else. And it's a pretty weird flex to be so happy about a drop in production from a player you own tbh.

Edited by Purple Hippo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, steempot said:

On 12/18/2019 at 10:53 AM, Purple Hippo said:

One thing that favors Derrick (see what I did there?) is that he’s a proven producer in limited minutes. He was top 75 last year with minutes in the low 20s and we saw him rack up the boards and blocks last night in only 20 mins. The Pels pathetic D also looked much better with him out there.

I’m more concerned about his health and being in a good mental space with his Mom’s death than his role on the team tbh. If he can stay healthy the production will be there.

On 12/29/2019 at 10:23 PM, Purple Hippo said:

Yeah, he is so important to the defense Gentry basically can’t take him out if the Pels have any chance of winning. Hayes only played 3 mins tonight. It’s actually a bit concerning that he is being replied on so much, between 25-30 mins should be his sweet spot.

If you look back over the history of this thread, you'll see I've been wanting the Pels to reduce his minutes. I've quoted myself for your reference.

I'll take a drop in production in low 20 minutes and health ROS over constantly getting hurt in 30+ minutes. It's as simple as that. And again, his production in low 20's minutes has always historically been top 75 value. 

I don't understand this attempt at trying to rub Favors' believers noses in lol. He's still getting double digit rebounds and blocks, that's literally the reason he was either drafted or picked up off the wire. No one was expecting him to put up 20/15 on a nightly basis. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fabrar said:

I don't understand this attempt at trying to rub Favors' believers noses in lol. He's still getting double digit rebounds and blocks, that's literally the reason he was either drafted or picked up off the wire. No one was expecting him to put up 20/15 on a nightly basis. 

But a man can dream....  Kidding.  Williamson is literally a beast, and if it wasn't for his gait and injury risk I'd take him second round next year.  Favors rightfully has taken a slight backseat to him in smallball lineups.  I would have thought they would want to not play him at center though to reduce wear.  But when PJ Tucker is the opposing center Williamson is like a behemoth.  The 20 rebound games were fun, but I'm happy with 8-10 rebounds from Favors as long as he stays healthy and blocks shots and scores his ten opportune points. 

Just double double on them haters Derrick 😋

1 hour ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

you guys made it seem like he was so....don't go back tracking on your claims now especially how hard of a time you gave me after you thought you were right. zion is indeed taking mins and production as i predicted. i was right, but when I was wrong you wouldn't let it go. so why am i?

@MuscleChestbrook im just giving u a taste of your own medicine. for saying how studly he was. now hes more average and youre a lot more quiet.  its clearly backfiring now that zion is back and now youre telling me to stop? rich. pssst no ones on your side either lol. 

ranked 118th over last 2 weeks and 158th over last week.

IDK what you want me to say dude. Okay, cool, you were right and we were wrong. There you go. 

10 minutes ago, fabrar said:

IDK what you want me to say dude. Okay, cool, you were right and we were wrong. There you go. 

Duty Calls

• Haha 3

Before Zion got there favors was putting up about 12 and 12 with 1.5 blocks over the last month before Zion in about 27 mpg. Hes now doing 10 and 9 with under a block a game in 24 mpg with Zion. Zion has hurt him clearly, idk what the argument here is when its obvious. Ive been considering trading him now because of Zion, especially if Zion is fully unleashed. If he starts getting 33 mpg on a regular basis, i feel like that will def impact favors. 

I was really hoping he would do 12 and 12 for the rest of season. I really didnt expect Zion playing C at all since hes so short, but NBA has become so small ball obsessed.

13 minutes ago, jay_00 said:

Before Zion got there favors was putting up about 12 and 12 with 1.5 blocks over the last month before Zion in about 27 mpg. Hes now doing 10 and 9 with under a block a game in 24 mpg with Zion. Zion has hurt him clearly, idk what the argument here is when its obvious. Ive been considering trading him now because of Zion, especially if Zion is fully unleashed. If he starts getting 33 mpg on a regular basis, i feel like that will def impact favors. 

I was really hoping he would do 12 and 12 for the rest of season. I really didnt expect Zion playing C at all since hes so short, but NBA has become so small ball obsessed.

It's been matchups as well this past week with opponents playing smaller and also lot of their games were blowouts.

23 hours ago, vnmslsrbms said:

But a man can dream....  Kidding.  Williamson is literally a beast, and if it wasn't for his gait and injury risk I'd take him second round next year.  Favors rightfully has taken a slight backseat to him in smallball lineups.  I would have thought they would want to not play him at center though to reduce wear.  But when PJ Tucker is the opposing center Williamson is like a behemoth.  The 20 rebound games were fun, but I'm happy with 8-10 rebounds from Favors as long as he stays healthy and blocks shots and scores his ten opportune points. 

The ride might be over boys.  Fat Zion ruining this man

the upside is certainly gone

he will still be good for rebounds, FG% and stocks

if he's your worst player - you're doing well

• Like 1

He went from beast to borderline waiver wire fodder in points leagues.  His slot is better used for streaming now.

wouldn't overreact too much based on a game vs the Bucks. Everyone does poorly vs the Bucks

I think he will still give you a low end double double most nights

Sigh.  Don't overreact though.  Zion might get rested too since he's not 100 pct (maybe it's confirmation bias but I'm seeing him protecting the leg and not always jumping super  high like he can).  My waiver is so dry I'll just have to hold and hope. 

14 hours ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Lmao keep making alternate accounts to back yourself up in another 2 weeks when Favors picks it up. Multiple accounts and two week rankings. Cringe.

whats cringe is you trying to make something out of nothing. and i mean last nights line in 24 mins was amazing too 

agreed jay but probably too late, time woulda been to trade him while he was hot, i dont think most expected him to keep that type of production up. 

14 hours ago, jay_00 said:

I was really hoping he would do 12 and 12 for the rest of season. I really didnt expect Zion playing C at all since hes so short, but NBA has become so small ball obsessed

Edited by steempot

I'm convinced no one actually watches the Pelicans by how everyone's reactions are. Yes,  Zion does impact his overall rebounding numbers but on the court it's not as impactful as people are making it out to seem. The recent teams the pelicans gave played are 3 point shooting teams which means longer rebounds. 

One thing I will concede is that the pelicans aren't necessarily utilizing him well. The Jazz used to funnel the opposing offense into him if they got to the rim. That let him be in a prime position for rebounds. The paint also looks clogged all the time when they do pick n rolls, so what used to be bread and butter for Favors isn't working out for him. That said, Zion doesn't set good screens and hes not a good rim protector. favors has been looking a little sluggish recently so i do expect the break to do wonders for him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, bunnyzclan said:

I'm convinced no one actually watches the Pelicans by how everyone's reactions are. 

Sometimes I feel like no one on this forum actually watches any basketball at all other than staring at box scores.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

Sometimes I feel like no one on this forum actually watches any basketball at all other than staring at box scores.

There's some serious short term memory going on here. Gobert is a far better rebounder than Zion and Favors still had his in limited minutes. 

Fantasy basketball forums would be so much more civil and informed if people actually watched the games, but no, they just look at a box score and think they know everything that happened. Hell, people were saying Hayes was going to replace Favors. And then there's people saying Malik is a must own league winner because of the trade to the Wolves. Ffs just watch the games.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bunnyzclan said:

There's some serious short term memory going on here. Gobert is a far better rebounder than Zion and Favors still had his in limited minutes. 

Fantasy basketball forums would be so much more civil and informed if people actually watched the games, but no, they just look at a box score and think they know everything that happened. Hell, people were saying Hayes was going to replace Favors. And then there's people saying Malik is a must own league winner because of the trade to the Wolves. Ffs just watch the games.

ya but partially the hayes part was rotoworld too lol

14 hours ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Zion is down again... favors time!

says zion is available tn

• Haha 1