kane

Derrick Favors 2019-2020 Outlook

Not worried about him. As long as he keeps getting those rebounds and blocks I'll be more than happy. Whole team just needs to adjust fully with Zion in the mix

Still relevant in a 10 teamer with Zion in the mix?? Bjelica just got dropped and can’t really figure out his outlook ROS?

39 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Still relevant in a 10 teamer with Zion in the mix?? Bjelica just got dropped and can’t really figure out his outlook ROS?

I'm in points leagues, but nah. Unless Zion gets hurt again, he's drop city

11 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

I'm in points leagues, but nah. Unless Zion gets hurt again, he's drop city

Thanks. Y'all fell the same? Maybe I have to make the switch to Bjelica then

I REALLY liked the production he gave me for not so long ago :(

Edited by Brandayz

7 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

I REALLY like the production he gave me for not so long ago :(

I probably would. Doesn't sound like Bagley is gonna be back anytime soon 

10 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

I REALLY like the production he gave me for not so long ago :(

So what exactly do you think Zion joining the lineup takes away from Favors? Favors averaged .586/.675/11.8/7.4/1.2/0.7/1.4/1.1 last year (rank 76) with the Jazz playing next to Gobert who averaged 13 rebounds last year. And that was with Favors dealing with nagging injuries last season. Favors knows how to play away from the ball and where to position himself. That's his bread and butter. Favors is the only competent big man on the Pelicans that provides good rim protection. If you think pace is going to be the issue, Favors was on the floor with Ingles and Rubio a lot last year where they would bump up the pace because that's how Rubio plays too. 

If you're in a points league, I can't say much, but Favors is not a cut in 9cat. 

Edited by bunnyzclan

4 minutes ago, bunnyzclan said:

So what exactly do you think Zion joining the lineup takes away from Favors? Favors averaged .586/.675/11.8/7.4/1.2/0.7/1.4/1.1 last year (rank 76) with the Jazz playing next to Gobert who averaged 13 rebounds last year. And that was with Favors dealing with nagging injuries last season. Favors knows how to play away from the ball and where to position himself. That's his bread and butter. Favors is the only competent big man on the Pelicans that provides good rim protection. If you think pace is going to be the issue, Favors was on the floor with Ingles and Rubio a lot last year where they would bump up the pace because that's how Rubio plays too. 

If you're in a points league, I can't say much, but Favors is not a cut in 9cat. 

Well his minutes has been trending in the wrong way since Zion's return and the same with his point (I know his value doesn't rely on that)

He is ranked#135 in Yahoo for the last two weeks (where Zion has returned)

8 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Well his minutes has been trending in the wrong way since Zion's return and the same with his point (I know his value doesn't rely on that)

He is ranked#135 in Yahoo for the last two weeks (where Zion has returned)

I've mentioned this talking point a couple days ago in this thread.

Yes,  Zion does impact his overall rebounding numbers but on the court it's not as impactful as people are making it out to seem. The recent teams the pelicans have played are 3 point shooting teams which means longer rebounds and a lot of blowouts which meant they gave Jaxson Hayes more minutes to help him develop. That and he hasn't been able to get into his usual position down the post to be able to block shots near the rim. Let him get used to where he has to play off of Zion. Favors got his playing next to DPOY Gobert. Favors isn't a player you judge just by looking at the box scores once in while. 

Edited by bunnyzclan

49 minutes ago, bunnyzclan said:

I've mentioned this talking point a couple days ago in this thread.

Yes,  Zion does impact his overall rebounding numbers but on the court it's not as impactful as people are making it out to seem. The recent teams the pelicans have played are 3 point shooting teams which means longer rebounds and a lot of blowouts which meant they gave Jaxson Hayes more minutes to help him develop. That and he hasn't been able to get into his usual position down the post to be able to block shots near the rim. Let him get used to where he has to play off of Zion. Favors got his playing next to DPOY Gobert. Favors isn't a player you judge just by looking at the box scores once in while. 

Thanks for the insight. But still his ranking with Zion in the mix doesn’t Lie. You would still value him over a guy like Bjelica??

23 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Thanks for the insight. But still his ranking with Zion in the mix doesn’t Lie. You would still value him over a guy like Bjelica??

So you'd rather take a 7 game sample size rather than the 100+ game sample size where Favors still got his rebounds and stocks next to Gobert? If you think Favor's is going to average 0.7 blocks the rest of the season go ahead and drop him. Lmao. 

And yes I'd rather have Favors than Bjelica. Bjelica doesn't have any consistency and the Kings rotation is a shitshow once all their bigs come back. I'd rather have a big that is reliable and has a carved out role with low double doubles, high FG%, and stocks than a PF that has unreliable shooting and minutes. 

If you're so unsure watch the actual games. 

• Like 2

Favors is done unless Zion gets hurt. Id rather rock with Theis or even Maker rest of season at this point. Melli got more mins than him tonight, thats just sad. Yes i get it was a blowout, but everything has to go perfect for Favors produce. It has to be a close game and a good center matchup for him. How can you rely on that rest of the season?

I've been one of his most vocal supporters but I'm definitely worried. Also looking at Theis or Maker as a C option

Imagine saying drop city every time Favors doesn't get 10-10 instead of just dropping him and not coming back to this thread. Jfc these "discussion" threads should just be renamed circlejerk.

• Like 2

I rather them be winning and he gives some production then the team tanking and they go full hayes mode. 

Drop.

Drop.

Drop Drop City.

Boy he has been ugly lately. Oh boy, oh boy!

6 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

Dork.

Dork.

Dork Dork City.

Boy I’ve been ugly lately. Oh boy, oh boy!

Fixed that for you. 

• Haha 2