kane

Derrick Favors 2019-2020 Outlook

holding aswell even in my 10 teamer. I just checked his age, he's under 30. still got 10 rebs in limited mins. I''m rooting for this guy.

• Haha 1

Hmmmm, hurting for C play, really wanna roll him out against the Hornets, Pelicans desperate for a win, maybe they might try going to him more...or he can get some tip ins from Offensive Reb...

Markannen busted their a**, even rookie Goga played great....

18 mins - 8/12/2blk 58%

or

8 min 2/8/3to's 0/3 from FT and Jaxson Hayes goes off

Damn it....why you gotta take drugs Atyon....

Derrick Favors is starting on Saturday against the Hornets.

Advice: Coach Alvin Gentry should be open to anything to help stop the bleeding on defense, but Favors just hasn't been able to extend his minutes. He could get hot as soon as he can show he can play 26-plus minutes, so he might be worth holding in standard leagues.

• Like 1

Just now, overtime2000 said:

Should we be running to grab this guy if he is on waivers?

Image result for no bugs bunny gif"

generally you draft favors to be a fg% anchor and his stock with some rebs.  Stls from you C position is valuable. He has shown that he can get rebs last game and now he can get stls.

Looking okay there protecting the paint. Missed some easy put back layups tho. I’m surprised by his minutes + closing out this game. 

baby steps

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Looking okay there protecting the paint. Missed some easy put back layups tho. I’m surprised by his minutes + closing out this game. 

baby steps

tho honestly I dont think this is baby steps. he just did what we expected him to do. like you said lets pretend that we got em at later draft. Im pretending I just got em off the wire lol

Man, it's a big relief to see him play decently this game. 29 minutes was a surprise. His defense looked pretty solid, and he affected plenty of shots. He was a factor in rebounding as well. Several great hockey assists. Maybe looked a touch slower, but I don't remember him looking particularly mobile the past few years anyway? lol. If he can produce similarly to this ROS give or take a stock, I'll be satisfied. A little concerned Zion will take small-ball minutes, but we'll cross that bridge later...

It was the Hornets, but looks like he's moving well again, going for loose balls etc, and still not 100%.

Edited by SkalChriston
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As per usual, lots of premature panic on this thread.  Last year in Utah he put up 12/7/1.4 on 58 fg%, in only 23 minutes.  Not flashy numbers by any means, but still ranked the # 75 player last season for 9 cats in only 23 minutes.  Health permitting he should be able to put up these minutes and this level of production as a safe floor, even after Zion returns.

Edited by El_Chingon

2 hours ago, SkalChriston said:

It was the Hornets, but looks like he's moving well again, going for loose balls etc, and still not 100%.

Yeah he barely has any lift and is still pretty slow going downhill, but his ability to hit the open man, set screens, eat space and rebound makes him stand out from the other bigs on the roster.

I don’t think he’ll hit mid teen scoring anymore, but he should be a high floor double double with good fg, with some assists and stocks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

As per usual, lots of premature panic on this thread.  Last year in Utah he put up 12/7/1.4 on 58 fg%, in only 23 minutes.  Not flashy numbers by any means, but still ranked the # 75 player last season for 9 cats in only 23 minutes.  Health permitting he should be able to put up these minutes and this level of production as a safe floor, even after Zion returns.

He needs to get in shape, NO is top 1/2 in pace this season, not his cup of tea, but yeah he only needs and will prob average around that 20-25. They're gonna treat Zion like a football player, 1 game a week when he returns this season lol

12 hours ago, overtime2000 said:

Should we be running to grab this guy if he is on waivers?

I grabbed him off my FAAB wire this morning.

I picked him off waivers last year after he struggled to start the season and he was so solid and good for my team the rest of the year.

I had him in the same tier as JVAL and WCJ prior to draft so I’m pleasantly surprised his owner gave up on him so early into the season.

I can afford to put him on my bench and wait for him to get into a groove but hopefully he can have the same top 60-75 impact he had for me off the wire last year.

5 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

I grabbed him off my FAAB wire this morning.

I picked him off waivers last year after he struggled to start the season and he was so solid and good for my team the rest of the year.

I had him in the same tier as JVAL and WCJ prior to draft so I’m pleasantly surprised his owner gave up on him so early into the season.

I can afford to put him on my bench and wait for him to get into a groove but hopefully he can have the same top 60-75 impact he had for me off the wire last year.

Just curious,  yahoo league?  I did the same in like 4 of my leagues after the rotoworld blurbs calling him a drop candidate.  As soon as those blurbs hit, I was keeping my fingers crossed that reactionary owners would dump him, and a few did.

Here was RW blurb, pure genius:

Derrick Favors (knee) returned from a three-game absence on Monday vs. the Nets but came off the bench for zero points, four boards, one assist and two turnovers in eight minutes.

He fumbled a couple passes and looked immobile and disinterested on the court. Favors has been one of the biggest disappointments of the young season and it doesn't bode well that Jaxson Hayes checked in ahead of him in the second half and helped the Pelicans spark a comeback attempt. Favors is a drop candidate.

Edited by El_Chingon

3 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Just curious,  yahoo league?  I did the same in like 4 of my leagues after the rotoworld blurbs calling him a drop candidate.  As soon as those blurbs hit, I was keeping my fingers crossed that reactionary owners would dump him, and a few did.

Derrick Favors (knee) returned from a three-game absence on Monday vs. the Nets but came off the bench for zero points, four boards, one assist and two turnovers in eight minutes.

He fumbled a couple passes and looked immobile and disinterested on the court. Favors has been one of the biggest disappointments of the young season and it doesn't bode well that Jaxson Hayes checked in ahead of him in the second half and helped the Pelicans spark a comeback attempt. Favors is a drop candidate.

Yes, Yahoo. That blurb might definitely had something to do with it.

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

They call everyone a drop candidate if they struggle just a little bit, its irresponsible advice for people that actually listen to them.  They burned me several years back with their horrible drop advice blurbs so I pay no mind.

• Like 1

Well I suppose its time to fire him up again....hopefully this is the start of something good...I guess we'll see how it goes tomorrow. 

Thanks for posting those highlights. It's the best he has looked this season for whatever that is worth. Makes me feel a bit better about holding. I think there is opportunity for him to help this team in the half court with screens and rolling to the rim. Did a good job in that game of parking himself along the baseline to get some boards. Is serviceable as a big body against the few remaining Centers that like to bang down low. Hope he can get to that top 75-90 range from last year. Cannot jump for $h!t tho!