colepenhagen

Deandre Ayton 2019-2020 Outlook

God damn bum, never drafting him again. Omg... I think I read somewhere pairing him with AD is the best strategy this year and I cant even make to playoff in our 12 player h2h league. Smfh

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, mmart_ph said:

So who is the pick up? Baynes and Saric? 

I grabbed Baynes right away but both players may be valuable. 

Baynes is probably the add here, but I'm gonna hold off for now - I don't have anyone to drop, unfortunately.  I can't see Saric banging with bigs - The Suns are gonna get Whiteside twice, BroLo and likely Zingis, so they'll need Baynes' size to fill in for Ayton.

Ayton owners should be praying it's just a sprained ankle and not something like an Achilles injury; the upside is that the Suns have a slow week next week, so it's not the worst if he misses about 2 weeks or so (my PO is Week 22, so I suppose if anyone's is earlier, that's bad news either way).  And I highly doubt the Suns rush back their prized sophomore, since they've got nothing to play for.

damn what an unfortunate outcome again .... I hope he will be out for 1-2 weeks and be ready on March 22 for the Playoffs.... 

I know people here frown upon posters complaining about the injuries to their teams, but this has been ridiculous lately.

JJJ

Clarke

Redick

Oubre

Ayton

Lillard (who thankfully is coming back)

Garland (18 team league, he is a core part of my team)

Yes injuries are part of fantasy, but if you are unlucky then it's really out of your control. It just makes me bitter that I had a potent team when healthy and now I am clinging to the 8th spot in my league and might not make it in at all. If I do, I don't like my chances. My goodness what a crazy few weeks it has been.

• Like 1

Holy crap, this is his third ankle injury in the last 365.

13 minutes ago, Catman14 said:

I don't mind if Ayton rests for 1-2 weeks I just need him for the playoffs!!!

I'm in playoffs right now, so this sucks. My only chance is if Embiid gets cleared on Thursday and I can do a switch 

FWIW suns schedule sucks before playoffs

3-2-3 including this week. Then 4-4 for 2and and 3rd of playoffs for people that start playoffs Week 22.

49 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

RIP. Man has the ankles of a 90 year old grandpa

He looks 40+ too so it's not shocking 

58 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

He looks 40+ too so it's not shocking 

Those PED’s will do that. Sucks for you owners, to have to weather his early season suspension - and now this right when it’s about to be playoff time.

good luck bro’s 

https://youtu.be/_e6Vsz_FkIc

He seems upbeat in this video like without a care in the world lol

Usually teams provide injury updates on game days (unless it’s major) and they don’t play until Friday so hopefully we don’t hear anything til Friday 

6 minutes ago, kilslo said:

https://youtu.be/_e6Vsz_FkIc

He seems upbeat in this video like without a care in the world lol

Usually teams provide injury updates on game days (unless it’s major) and they don’t play until Friday so hopefully we don’t hear anything til Friday 

I'd be upbeat too if I could make millions siting on the IL and not have to throw my body around playing for the garbage suns

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wait for the MRI.

Upbeat doesn’t mean anything. Isaac was upbeat before the MRI, so was WCJ.

We all know what happened to both of them afterwards.

53 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Wait for the MRI.

lol for real.  I get it, these are athletes and they are competitive and want to play and they do a lot outside of the court but at the end of the day, it's a job for them and getting paid 10000x the average salary of a human and not have to clock in to work for a company you hate would make me smile too lol

11 hours ago, Espoiral said:

Wait for the MRI.

As soon as the MRI was called I immediately thought of Isaac too. Dude was talking like it was nothing and he'd be back soon. Now people get offended in here if you even mention he's back on the court practicing again.

10 hours ago, Fantasyscrub said:

lol for real.  I get it, these are athletes and they are competitive and want to play and they do a lot outside of the court but at the end of the day, it's a job for them and getting paid 10000x the average salary of a human and not have to clock in to work for a company you hate would make me smile too lol

Plus, they feel pain and swelling and in that state it is difficult for a player to know what it is. They know it pains and it is swollen. Its only the devastating injuries where things are in the wrong place where they know they're ******.

You really think he's season out??

I think its becoming safe to assume that the MRI did not return much good news. If there was nothing would we still be waiting a full day after the MRI to obtain a status update? Likely second opinions are being obtained.

Dammit I wish there was some news, need to decide if I'm gonna drop or decide who to pick up off the wire