seeL

Dynasty draft, who to pick?

I got a rebuilding dynasty team. My league just switched from 14 to 12 teams, so there are now suddenly great FAs on the pool instead of just rookies. Should i still go for young players like Trey Young, or get Beal or Curry and just trade them. I looked at the contenders in the league, possible trade partners if i end up with Curry, but none got young guys i like, except this one team who has Zinger. Get Curry or Beal and trade for Zinger, or just get Trey? If the top pick gets Curry though, i’ll have Zion, Trey, Beal to choose from.

For me Curry > Zion = Trey = Beal > KP6.  However if you don't think there are feasible trades then just go for Zion or Trae for a rebuilding team.

• Like 1

Yes, i’ll probably end up picking Curry if available. But i’ll make my pick available first, see if i can get a juicy offer.

21 hours ago, seeL said:

I got a rebuilding dynasty team. My league just switched from 14 to 12 teams, so there are now suddenly great FAs on the pool instead of just rookies. Should i still go for young players like Trey Young, or get Beal or Curry and just trade them. I looked at the contenders in the league, possible trade partners if i end up with Curry, but none got young guys i like, except this one team who has Zinger. Get Curry or Beal and trade for Zinger, or just get Trey? If the top pick gets Curry though, i’ll have Zion, Trey, Beal to choose from.

What is your the rest of your team looking like? Are you punting anything in particular? 

2 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

What is your the rest of your team looking like? Are you punting anything in particular? 

Not focused on punting strategy since i joined the league a few years back, i’m at the bottom anyway,  just wanted to acquire as much talent as i can. When i came in, i just blew it up and traded the Gasol bros, George Hill, etc for the then injured Embiid and picks and was left with Turner, Mudiay and other prospects. My team now is:

Embiid

Myles Turner

JJJ

WCJ

Mitch Rob

Fultz

DSJ

DLo

Rozier

Derrick White

LeVert

Zach Collins

Jerami Grant

Brandon Ingram

Josh Okogie

Giles

Michael Porter Jr.

Dropping: Thon, Jahlil Okafor 

1 minute ago, seeL said:

Not focused on punting strategy since i joined the league a few years back, i’m at the bottom anyway,  just wanted to acquire as much talent as i can. When i came in, i just blew it up and traded the Gasol bros, George Hill, etc for the then injured Embiid and picks and was left with Turner, Mudiay and other prospects. My team now is:

Embiid

Myles Turner

JJJ

WCJ

Mitch Rob

Fultz

DSJ

DLo

Rozier

Derrick White

LeVert

Zach Collins

Jerami Grant

Brandon Ingram

Josh Okogie

Giles

Michael Porter Jr.

Dropping: Thon, Jahlil Okafor 

Your team is fairly young so I would go for Trey/Zion instead of Curry. You will have more years of Trey and when most of your other players will hit their prime, Trey/Zion will still be giving you good numbers. 

• Thanks 1

Great advise. Thanks man!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Your team is fairly young so I would go for Trey/Zion instead of Curry. You will have more years of Trey and when most of your other players will hit their prime, Trey/Zion will still be giving you good numbers. 

Turns out our commish decided to do a separate rookie and fa draft. So i’ll end up with Morant as my rookie pick. And any of Trae, Curry and Beal. I own 2nd pick in both drafts. 

1 hour ago, seeL said:

Turns out our commish decided to do a separate rookie and fa draft. So i’ll end up with Morant as my rookie pick. And any of Trae, Curry and Beal. I own 2nd pick in both drafts. 

Easy. Pick Morant and Trae imo. 

• Thanks 1

Took Morant in the rookie draft. Picked Trae in the FA draft, but first tried to trade pick #2 plus something for AD, Giannis or KAT. 

My roster now:

PG: Trae Young, Ja Morant, Fultz, DSJ

SG: DLo, Rozier, Derrick White

SF: Brandon Ingram, MPJ, LeVert, Jerami Grant

PF: JJJ, WCJ, Zach Collins, 

C Embiid, Myles Turner, Mitch Rob