hard1

Auden Tate 2019 Outlook

23 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

He is a matchup play only.  The following need to be in place to start him -

1.  Bad opponent defense

2.  Lockdown corner on Boyd.  Boyd still went off but Tate got decent targets

3.  No Ross or AJ Green

Even then, you're hoping for a touchdown because Tate doesn't look like he will have any big yardage games.

Sounds like all those boxes are checked this week vs Baltimore.

• Thanks 1

What are we thinking about this kid moving forward ? I honestly thought he would get way more targets , or was it because of the two dropped passes early in the game. One of which was in the end zone supposedly. I didn't watch the game , just read the blurbs. He's a HUGE target , where are they lining him up on the outside or the slot ? I thought Boyd being the more experienced receiver would be on the outside, even tho he's much short than Auden.  Tate out of the slot should be a nightmare matchup right... or maybe there's a reason he got drafted seventh round, 253rd overall 

On 10/8/2019 at 5:23 PM, RunCMC said:

What are we thinking about this kid moving forward ? I honestly thought he would get way more targets , or was it because of the two dropped passes early in the game. One of which was in the end zone supposedly. I didn't watch the game , just read the blurbs. He's a HUGE target , where are they lining him up on the outside or the slot ? I thought Boyd being the more experienced receiver would be on the outside, even tho he's much short than Auden.  Tate out of the slot should be a nightmare matchup right... or maybe there's a reason he got drafted seventh round, 253rd overall 

The only reason I might be playing him is because Adams won’t play and I don’t trust Crowder this week. He seems decent but not spectacular. As long as Green is out, I expect him to stay in that 6-10 target range. 

Do we know if Humphrey is going to shadow Boyd?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

The only reason I might be playing him is because Adams won’t play and I don’t trust Crowder this week. He seems decent but not spectacular. As long as Green is out, I expect him to stay in that 6-10 target range. 

Do we know if Humphrey is going to shadow Boyd?

There's no reason to think Humphrey won't shadow Boyd. 

22 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Tate isn t that good, but he is getting volume. Ravens if they had a linebacker who was 6'4 he probably could cover him with Tates fantastic speed.

For WR's in Fantasy this is all you need to hear 💪

Edited by kmoore1521

Auden is turning into a nice WR3 / bye week fill in. Getting alot of targets, should continue until AJG is back 

Edited by RunCMC

Ok Auden !! Lets go .. 7 receptions 104 yards and 1 tuddie incoming . Kid’s the truth 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rb187 said:

Anyone throwing him in? Gotta decide between him or Dorsett. 

Same. Dorsett, still limited in practice and may not be 100 if he plays. I'm waiting for Saturday's practice report to decide. Both are probably good choices so that means they will both suck this week.

• Like 1

It's going to interesting to see who Finley has been comfortable with in practice.  When a new QB comes in he usually has a different main target than the guy he replaced.  Wondering if that guy is Tate

He might vibe with Erickson more, but who knows. I think Erickson and Tate should have good familiarity with him though

This guy was dropped all over the place with the bye week and impending AJ Green return.

With Green now out again indefinitely (let's be honest, his year is over), Tate will continue to see tons of targets.

1 minute ago, UVA_Drew said:

This guy was dropped all over the place with the bye week and impending AJ Green return.

With Green now out again indefinitely (let's be honest, his year is over), Tate will continue to see tons of targets.

There is this Erickson dude though to put a damper in that.

2977800.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had enough bench room to pick them both up, kinda seems crazy to pick up WR with a rookie QB but I really need a flex replacement for bye and injuries

Not starting him this week, but he has enough good matchups and targets coming his way to be flex worthy in spots. 

I don't know.  He's either the WR2 or WR3 on one of the worst teams in the league with a rookie QB.  I don't ever foresee a situation where I would play him ROS.  A RB handcuff is probably a better use of the roster space?

The Bengals can’t run and will be losing almost the entirety of the ROS. Should be tons of passing. Tate has to be a better option than most WR who are on run first teams and teams whom gets leads then just pound it. I can’t imagine Cincy not getting him 10+ looks a game. I think he has way more upside than JuJu now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Krambone said:

The Bengals can’t run and will be losing almost the entirety of the ROS. Should be tons of passing. Tate has to be a better option than most WR who are on run first teams and teams whom gets leads then just pound it. I can’t imagine Cincy not getting him 10+ looks a game. I think he has way more upside than JuJu now. 

Boyd's been averaging close to 10+ a game (3rd in the league in targets) and that hasn't really yielded much of anything in terms of reliable production, why would Tate be any different?  He's a bigger body sure, but he's got way worse hands than Boyd and isn't as good a route runner.  I think the whole trio of WRs in Cinci are useless regardless of who's the QB, it's the horrid o-line that's killed any production this team can provide in fantasy.  Maybe you can squeeze some value out of them in PPR but even then that's no guarantee. Driskel is just such a downgrade on Dalton if that is even possible.

Edited by TheINC

6 hours ago, TheINC said:

Boyd's been averaging close to 10+ a game (3rd in the league in targets) and that hasn't really yielded much of anything in terms of reliable production, why would Tate be any different?  He's a bigger body sure, but he's got way worse hands than Boyd and isn't as good a route runner.  I think the whole trio of WRs in Cinci are useless regardless of who's the QB, it's the horrid o-line that's killed any production this team can provide in fantasy.  Maybe you can squeeze some value out of them in PPR but even then that's no guarantee. Driskel is just such a downgrade on Dalton if that is even possible.

He does have the ability to make more difficult catches than Boyd, just isn’t as consistent, yet.