Sign in to follow this  
charger_ss24

Pitching advice needed

I’m in a 12-team 6x6 (standard stat + Holds/OBP league. I would like some advice on keeping up to 5 starting pitchers and packaging the others I’m not keeping for OF help.

My SPs: (keep up to 5, package others for OF help.)

C. Kubler

P. Corbin

J. Flahtery

Z. Gallen

C. Smith

D. Lamet

D. May (RP eligibility)

Z. Wheeler

B. McKay

OFs (3 OF league) 

V. Robles

B. Buxton

H. Dozier

W. Calhoun

H. Renfroe

J. Rojas

J. Adell (minor leaguer)

Any help would be appreciated! WHIR!

I’m not in a keeper league but if I was I’d be looking to keep my young arms and deal my older/aging arms whenever possible. So for me, I’d keep Flaherty, Gallen, Lamet, May, and McKay. I’d try to use Kluber, Corbin, and Wheeler to get that big outfield bat you need.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Def use Kluber’s name as trade bait. He’s getting older and his fastball isn’t dominant to begin with. With the juiced ball, you could see his HRs and ERA tick up.

Personally, I think Gallen and May will turn out to be the real deal. Both guys have solid command and good enough stuff.

Flaherty

Corbin

Gallen

May

Smith

deal Kluber and Wheeler. 

BTW - Calhoun was on pace for 40 HR and a .260ish avg over a full season

Edited by UberRebel

On 9/30/2019 at 12:03 PM, MSkibisky said:

Corbin Flaherty and deal the rest. Don't waste keeper slots on volatility.

This.  The others are not worth keeper slots save for maybe Kluber who is a big risk at this point.  I can't imagine you will get much for the likes of Caleb Smith et. al.  You can certainly try, but unless you keep 14+ each, why would anyone want to keep what amounts to teen round picks?

Flaherty

Corbin

Gallen

First of all, not sure if you keep 5 SP and put all those OF back, if thats the case, you need to keep Robles for sure and up to 4 SP.  Dude will only be 23 and we already saw a 17/28 season.  Those steals will be valuable in 6x6.  Plus despite his lower AVG this year, remember he was graded out as a 60 hit tool, so I think with experience that should get closer to .280/.290 range.  So you are looking at a potential .280/20/30 type player and in 6x6 thats huge.

With that said, Flaherty and Corbin are locks to keep.  If you want to win next year, I would keep Kluber and Wheeler.  If you want to play more for long term, I would keep Gallen and May, although it might be easier to redraft May since only 12 team league.  With only 12 teams and not full dynasty, I would go for the win next year and keep Robles in OF, then Flaherty, Corbin, Wheeler, and Kluber

I will go out and say Gallen will blow away a declining Kluber.

Gallen is next years Flaherty.

On 10/1/2019 at 5:33 PM, secretagentman said:

This.  The others are not worth keeper slots save for maybe Kluber who is a big risk at this point.  I can't imagine you will get much for the likes of Caleb Smith et. al.  You can certainly try, but unless you keep 14+ each, why would anyone want to keep what amounts to teen round picks?

I forgot to mention that this keeper league is an auction league.