tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 5

tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 5 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 5 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

It's a pretty barren week.

Dawson Knox - showed great body control on a really difficult catch near the sideline while falling down.  He's getting more involved in that offense. 

Chris Herndon - if still available, can even pick up now for free before Monday night's game as he is on a bye.

AJ Brown - I suppose.  Might just be chasing points in this low volume offense.  But you can't ignore the 2 TDs.  He's got good 6-1 size and runs the whole route tree.

Courtland Sutton - surprised to see he's only 54% owned on Yahoo.  Broke out yesterday with 6-62-2.  Perhaps now is when all that potential finally gets fulfilled and Flacco makes him the #1 WR everyone always said he could be.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It's ugly, 

I know it's the Dolphins, but D.Parker seems to be getting enough action, to warrant some attention.. there is plenty of garbage time to be had with this team and they count just as much.

Or O'Shaughnessy  for the Jags is seeing some involvement,  especially in the RZ. 

30 minutes ago, CooL said:

It's a pretty barren week.

Dawson Knox - showed great body control on a really difficult catch near the sideline while falling down.  He's getting more involved in that offense. 

Chris Herndon - if still available, can even pick up now for free before Monday night's game as he is on a bye.

AJ Brown - I suppose.  Might just be chasing points in this low volume offense.  But you can't ignore the 2 TDs.  He's got good 6-1 size and runs the whole route tree.

Courtland Sutton - surprised to see he's only 54% owned on Yahoo.  Broke out yesterday with 6-62-2.  Perhaps now is when all that potential finally gets fulfilled and Flacco makes him the #1 WR everyone always said he could be.

Well said.  Knox has proved himself to be a worthy streamer if the matchup is good.  Herndon is in a similar boat.

Brown and Sutton are both interesting guys to grab and hold or insert into the lineup if you're needy at WR.  My guess is that with only DET and pitiful MIA on bye in Week 5 nobody will be hard up enough to need to roll with one of them yet but they are worth stashing to see if they can continue their success.  (The byes start "for real" in Week 6 with BUF, CHI, IND, and OAK.)

cole beasely has 23 targets in his last two games.  seems to be a decent ppr option in that offense.  

• Like 1

Keep an eye on the news regarding Marlon Mack’s ankle... Jordan Wilkins could be a plug and play for RB-needy teams if Mack is out next week.

• Like 4

robby anderson/kenyan drake is he got dropped, juicy matchups coming...

• Like 1

From the names on the lists here I assume all are in agreement that there are no high waiver wire priority guys or high FAAB guys this week.  Seems to be a week to grab some guys on the down low and stash.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrbonifacio said:

Take a flier on Diontae Johnson before today's game. If he blows up congrats. If he duds then drop city.

Similar for the bye week receivers:  Dante Pettis, Marquise Goodwin.  Robby Anderson if dropped but I doubt he's available.

Can possibly grab SF dst for free right now - but Browns just ran over BAL so not sure on that matchup

Ryquell armstead is my top add. 29 carries for fournette doesnt give me confidence in him holding up much longer. Regardless im not wasting a waiver claim on anyone but ill try to grab him if he’s available for free.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

Ryquell armstead is my top add. 29 carries for fournette doesnt give me confidence in him holding up much longer. Regardless im not wasting a waiver claim on anyone but ill try to grab him if he’s available for free.

This. Especially with the options being so slim, and especially if you own Fournette. Much better chance Armstead saves your team later in the year than Knox or AJ Brown. 

2 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

From the names on the lists here I assume all are in agreement that there are no high waiver wire priority guys or high FAAB guys this week.  Seems to be a week to grab some guys on the down low and stash.

or a second defense if you stream.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lindown said:

buffalo dst is a beast....

I like this play ... Use them against Tenn this week ... You will have to hold then during thier bye next week and stash two defenses... Only downside ... But after that you still got a pair of matchups against MiamI ... One right out the bye ... 

Edited by dnorma2

6 minutes ago, dnorma2 said:

I like this play ... Use them against Tenn this week ... You will have to hold then during thier bye next week and stash two defenses... Only downside ... But after that you still got a pair of matchups against MiamI ... One right out the bye ... 

Smart, guys.  If they are owned in your leagues now, add them to watch list and find a way to snag them for free when/if they are dropped heading into their bye.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Retweet

Edited by kmoore1521

Just now, KennyWoo said:

Smart, guys.  If they are owned in your leagues now, add them to watch list and find a way to snag them for free when/if they are dropped heading into their bye.

Agreed BUF is looking real nice. Another pivot is to snag 49ers defense , also a sneaky good play for weeks to come . Those 2 together if possible, is good times ahead