tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 5

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 5

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 5 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

1 minute ago, KennyWoo said:

Smart, guys.  If they are owned in your leagues now, add them to watch list and find a way to snag them for free when/if they are dropped heading into their bye.

They are probably available in alot of leagues since I'm sure many people dropped them with new england on the schedule .... If not I afree .. Watch them to see if they get dropped on the bye 

Chase Edmonds could have some appeal even for non-DJ owners. Kingsbury said they wanted to get him on the field more often and he is being used in the slot. Teams are catching onto the Cards deep-throw approach and Murray is being forced into lots of checkdowns. 

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/cardinals-use-1-2-punch-of-david-johnson-chase-edmonds-against-seahawks

• Like 2

Sanu if avail. He's like Tate used to be, doesn't score much and not likely to blow up, but gets the catches and yards for modest production. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, herschel said:

cole beasely has 23 targets in his last two games.  seems to be a decent ppr option in that offense.  

Ref my Sanu comments, same deal here. 

I don’t expect him to be widely available, but Jordan Howard [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

i wouldn't burn a waiver or spend too much faab on the titans wr.  i like aj brown but he doesn't get enough targets for me.

• Like 1

Haven't seen Ronald Jones mentioned yet. Anyone thinking he might be the #1 add this week assuming he isn't already owned? Not really a ton of great options this week, but assuming he finally has earned more PT over Barber looks like a good pickup if that offense stays consistent. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, KCTD25 said:

Haven't seen Ronald Jones mentioned yet. Anyone thinking he might be the #1 add this week assuming he isn't already owned? Not really a ton of great options this week, but assuming he finally has earned more PT over Barber looks like a good pickup if that offense stays consistent. 

He’s definitely the #1 add if available. The TB offense is improving and can put up big points. Jones looks like he’s close to taking over lead back duties, if he hasn’t already. 

Diontae Johnson - touted him as a breakout guy last week, and he showed why. He'll finish the year with surprising numbers if he stays healthy.

9ers WRs - grab whoever you like, they were on a bye

Preston Williams - last call

Bust: AJ Brown - target volume is trash

Jeff Wilson - I mean look at the rest of your wire, if you need a running back and you're in an active league you're not doing any better

Chris Herndon - talented enough to make an impact

Bust: Dawson Knox - ownable, but 7 targets in the past 2 weeks isn't good even for a tight end. If you add him, just understand that he's a TE2.

Titans: Probably a Top 5 DST next week, hosting Bills who, best DST in the NFL or not, just gave up 25 fantasy points

Texans: the #11 defense going into this week (put up 10 points) hosts the #25 offense going into this week (gave up 11), don't be scared of the Falcons on the road

Bust: Eagles - J-E-T-S at home so they're startable, but they've been worthless all year, 6th worst DST, go for Tennessee

• Like 4

If Noah Fant is sitting out there at TE you might want to snag him.

Saints DST looks great IRL and has a nice run of games coming up.

Tampa at home this week could be low floor high ceiling depending on which Jameis shows up, but then they get Jax, Chi & Ari before their bye.

• Like 1

After last nights clunker which he always does in prime time, Andy Dalton should be a freebie after waivers clear for the qb stream crew. Faces zona who hemorrhages points to opposing qbs this season.

As well, TE has been well documented to be their main weakness, so again for the stream crowd eifert should be a freebie.

17 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Keep an eye on the news regarding Marlon Mack’s ankle... Jordan Wilkins could be a plug and play for RB-needy teams if Mack is out next week.

Nyheim Hines might be useful for PPR as well.  He is the preferred passing down back and they'll likely be chasing points in Kansas City this week

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Jeltz's Jheri Curl said:

Nyheim Hines might be useful for PPR as well.  He is the preferred passing down back and they'll likely be chasing points in Kansas City this week

yeah, i agree with the above - and ya just know 'Homie is itching to toss at least five after last week's "shutout" - Colts will be chasing all afternoon. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

Drake is still in Gase’s doghouse?  Adam, let him out already!

• Haha 7

18 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Drake is still in Gase’s doghouse?  Adam, let him out already!

All the way from New York? Impressive

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Saints DST looks great IRL and has a nice run of games coming up.

Tampa at home this week could be low floor high ceiling depending on which Jameis shows up, but then they get Jax, Chi & Ari before their bye.

New Orleans is interesting to me.  Traditionally Jameis has struggled there, obviously a different dynamic when you don't have to keep up with Brees.  But he's looked good against the Rams and the Panthers, two teams with a lot of defensive talent.

1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

New Orleans is interesting to me.  Traditionally Jameis has struggled there, obviously a different dynamic when you don't have to keep up with Brees.  But he's looked good against the Rams and the Panthers, two teams with a lot of defensive talent.

I would shy away from the Saints D this week. I don't want any defense going against that explosive bucs attack. On the other hand, I do like the Bucs D vs Bridgewater this week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

I would shy away from the Saints D this week. I don't want any defense going against that explosive bucs attack. On the other hand, I do like the Bucs D vs Bridgewater this week.

Agree.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

Agree.  

i'll third this. 

just watched the replay of the Rams game ... Bowles has dialed up some very interesting looks (SO much better as a coordinator than a head coach).  the A-gap stuff/blitzes will work even better vs Bilgewater, as he has zero ability to beat these cats deep consistently.

case of a defense that has been lit the eff up over the past 6 qtrs, but is actually a viable magick foosball asset?  yes.