tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 5

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 5

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 5 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

Cameron Brate has back to back juicy matchups if you have a TE on a bye. Speaking as a Waller owner.

19 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Diontae Johnson - touted him as a breakout guy last week, and he showed why. He'll finish the year with surprising numbers if he stays healthy.

9ers WRs - grab whoever you like, they were on a bye

Preston Williams - last call

Bust: AJ Brown - target volume is trash

Jeff Wilson - I mean look at the rest of your wire, if you need a running back and you're in an active league you're not doing any better

Chris Herndon - talented enough to make an impact

Bust: Dawson Knox - ownable, but 7 targets in the past 2 weeks isn't good even for a tight end. If you add him, just understand that he's a TE2.

Titans: Probably a Top 5 DST next week, hosting Bills who, best DST in the NFL or not, just gave up 25 fantasy points

Texans: the #11 defense going into this week (put up 10 points) hosts the #25 offense going into this week (gave up 11), don't be scared of the Falcons on the road

Bust: Eagles - J-E-T-S at home so they're startable, but they've been worthless all year, 6th worst DST, go for Tennessee

If you had to pick, Brown, Johnson or Williams.

Preston Williams - I was touting all last week. But I just can’t get behind this offense. Points seem like they will be few and far between. It would also be hard to hold this marginal player through his week 5 bye. If anything, see how your guys do this Sunday and pick him up before Monday night game by dropping somebody on your bench who is expendable (Yahoo allows this.)

RSJ.  Baker seems to be honing in on him, and he gets redzone looks.

Matt Gay.

I know kickers do not get a lot of credit, but I have Slye in 3 leagues, and he has won me games .   Gay looks to be doing the same thing in Tampa Bay.    I dropped Gostowski and put Gay on my Roster.

Happy I did it .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sivaro said:

Matt Gay.

I know kickers do not get a lot of credit, but I have Slye in 3 leagues, and he has won me games .   Gay looks to be doing the same thing in Tampa Bay.    I dropped Gostowski and put Gay on my Roster.

Happy I did it .

Didnt he miss a game winning fg on week 3 and an extra point week 4?

33 minutes ago, jgreen said:

Didnt he miss a game winning fg on week 3 and an extra point week 4?

Yeah, he's made some rookie mistakes, but he could be the next coming of Legatron. 58 yarder, that would've been good from 60+, last Sunday.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, obithewan said:

Yeah, he's made some rookie mistakes, but he could be the next coming of Legatron. 58 yarder, that would've been good from 60+, last Sunday.

I never EVER put in a waiver for a kicker but considering I've lost two games due to my kicker I'm highly considering it.

• Like 1

Not a crazy week for waivers, but with a few injuries and bye weeks kicking in, here is a list of people to stream this week or add moving forward. Keep in mind most players are under 40% in Yahoo. 

QB

Jacoby Brissett - Was on the list last week, Brissett makes an appearance once again as he is still only 36% owned in Yahoo. Brissett has thrown for atleast 2+ TD every game this season, and has a chance to post big numbers again in what should be a high scoring against the Chiefs. TY Hilton may be back as well, but look for Brissett to have another solid outing before heading into bye. 

Andy Dalton - Not the most ideal streamer, as Dalton is coming off a horrible game vs. the Steelers, while losing John Ross to a multi-week injury. However, he has a chance to rebound by going up against the atrocious Cardinal's defense, who have allowed the 2nd most points to QBs this year. If you are thin at QB, Dalton might be able to fill in for a week. 

RB

Ronald Jones II - 45% owned in Yahoo, but Jones is starting to seize this Bucs' backfield with back-to-back solid outings. He is apart of an potent offense and if he can continue to produce the way he has been doing, Bruce Arians should ride with him as the hot-hand and in turn have RB3/Flex appeal in all formats. 

Jaylen Samuels - Samuels had one of the most unusual, but fantasy friendly statlines on MNF, posting: 10/26/1TD rushing, 8/57 receiving, and even 3/3 passing for 31 yards on wildcat touch passes (lol). Mike Tomlin made a good effort utilizing Samuels in the "jack of all trades" role in this Rudolph led-offense. He can offer some stand-alone value, even with Conner in the fold, if he can continue to see 10+ touches a game. Conner was also hobbled a bit and his situation is something to monitor, because if he is out, Samuels is a workhorse RB for Steelers.

Jordan Wilkins/Nyheim Hines - Marlon Mack's ankle injuries re-emerged and forced him out of the game late vs. Falcons. Colts have a bye in Week 6, and I can see a scenario where they rest Mack up leaving Wilkins as the primary rusher and Hines as the 3rd down back Chiefs. Both backs have potential to be one week rentals in what could be a high scoring game against the Chiefs. If Mack is out, I would personally go Wilkins in all formats, but Hines can be a desperation dart throw in PPR leagues.

WR

Geronimo Allison - Allison hasn't done much other than scoring 2 TDs in the past 3 games, but has a golden opportunity to really be a factor in this offense with the injury Davante Adams. He is really a hit-or-miss option, but Allison has WR4 upside.

Keesean Johnson - Keesean Johnson's value is entirely dependent on Christian Kirk's injury. If Kirk is out, look for Johnson to be the #2 WR on this high paced offense. The Cardinals also released Damien Byrd and Michael Crabtree just last week and still don't have a reliable WR on the perimeter. I think he is a sneaky good add, as Kirk was heavily targeted and this team will still have to throw alot given their shortcomings on the offensive line and defense. 

Diontae Johnson - This rookie has quietly started, scored, and received 6 targets in each of his last two starts. He is looking like the #2-3 option in this Steelers offense. While there is still uncertainty with this offense, I think Johnson is still an intruiging WR to have/hold on the bench. 

Cole Beasley - As crazy as it sounds, Beasley has outscored Deandre Hopkins in Weeks 2, 3 and 4 in all formats. He is the Frank Gore of WRs, completely uninspiring but is somehow posting fantasy relevant week in and week out. He has averaged 9 targets per game, and while his TD is very limited, he is looking like a serviceable WR3/4 in PPR leagues. 

Parris Campbell - While he is questionable to play this week, he role in this offense is growing by the week. He still hasn't had a fantasy relevant game yet, but did receive 8 targets last week. He has some upside as a playmaker and is still worth monitoring/stashing. 

Auden Tate - Auden Tate has posted 6/88 and 4/50 receiving the last two games. Now with John Ross III multi-week injury, Tate has an opportunity to be the #2 WR on this poor offense. While he isn't a flashy pickup, he should soak up a chunk of John Ross target share and gets a favorable matchup this week going against the Cardinals. He should be somewhat relevant, but uninspiring until AJ Green and/or Ross gets back. Treat him as a WR5. 

TE

Jimmy Graham - Rodgers publicly stated that he needed to get Graham and Adams the ball more, and did just that last week against the Eagles. Graham racked up 6/61/1TD on 9 targets. Adams is also hurt and most likely out for a few weeks, leaving Graham to gobble up some more targets. Best approach him as a low-end/boom-or-bust TE1 for as long as Adams is out. 

Ricky Seals-Jones 

Dawson Knox 

Edited by KA13
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

18 hours ago, stay_woke said:

I would shy away from the Saints D this week. I don't want any defense going against that explosive bucs attack. On the other hand, I do like the Bucs D vs Bridgewater this week.

Rapist Winston is a guaranteed weekly pick six.  Even last week, in a game where his team scored 55 points, he managed to fit in a pick six there at the end.

• Thanks 1

With Christian Kirk out, I wonder who steps up and takes his place? Andy Isabella? Keesean Johnson? Damiere Byrd? I think Byrd is hurt as well.

Edited by yanksman

7 minutes ago, yanksman said:

With Christian Kirk out, I wonder who steps up and takes his place? Andy Isabella? Keesean Johnson? Damiere Byrd? I think Byrd is hurt as well.

production wise? anyone's guess ...

but position wise? KeeSean is stepping into the Kirk role, so, yeah, my coin is on that kid.  

in Cincy this week, pernts aplenty to be had.

2 hours ago, Bastardo! said:

Rapist Winston is a guaranteed weekly pick six.  Even last week, in a game where his team scored 55 points, he managed to fit in a pick six there at the end.

NO D is legit. I wouldn't worry about playing them at home against TB. There will be turnovers.

12 hours ago, Sivaro said:

Philly Defense.

Take a look at their schedule ROS.

Jets defense as well once they get past the next two games...

[Posts removed.  Take deep dives / arguing about specific players to their outlook thread.]

Henry may be a few weeks out. But, very little competition for targets. This is a team where Dontrelle Inman just had 10+ fantasy points before going down. I'd take and stash for sure if available

6 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

IN. 

what's special about jalen?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LongBalls said:

NO D is legit. I wouldn't worry about playing them at home against TB. There will be turnovers.

Struggling hard to decide whether to play NO or BUFF or CAR... NO feels like they will be lights out at home... but Teddy... sigh

34 minutes ago, Thinkingcap said:

Struggling hard to decide whether to play NO or BUFF or CAR... NO feels like they will be lights out at home... but Teddy... sigh

cant go wrong with buffalo.  They held their own against NE and Jags just sacked Mariota 9 times the other night.