PhillyBoy

Stephen Curry 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, PhillyBoy said:

Should be set up for a monster year question is how many game will he play.

I’d put the over/under at 70.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This load management is really complicated to guess at comig season. Embiid hopes to play 70+ matches, some others have been optimistic, but nobody knows what coaches finally decide. As I heard Curry is also under load management at now it looks like under 70.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically I am not against load management because coaches know better what they do and they have good example like Kawhi Leonard's last season. I predict that due to Toronto's success load management can be even larger than we expect and it makes fantasy game more complicated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pop knew about “load management” for years and he was widely criticized for it.  Imo the only change the NBA should make is eliminate all back to backs, which would still leave the season 65+ games long.  Can you imagine being 33 years old, busting your a** up and down the court making your quads and calves sore, banging in the post, and waking up with a sore back...then doing the same thing the next day? No other sport requires this.  Even baseball, which is longer, rotates it’s players better. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Pop knew about “load management” for years and he was widely criticized for it.  Imo the only change the NBA should make is eliminate all back to backs, which would still leave the season 65+ games long.  Can you imagine being 33 years old, busting your a** up and down the court making your quads and calves sore, banging in the post, and waking up with a sore back...then doing the same thing the next day? No other sport requires this.  Even baseball, which is longer, rotates it’s players better. 

 

I think it’s more stress on the knees/cartilage than wearing out your quad or calf. Additionally there are other very gruelling profession sports on other counties such rugby league and rugby union which would be comparable if not even more taxing on the body. They only play once week but with 24 regular season games and most play 80minutes with no timeouts except for 15minute half time break I personally think the catalyst for this load Management was more to do with having an advantage come playoff time that it was for health concerns. I think 10 or so back to back are fine imo. I have a feeling if the season was shortened then teams will still find a way to load manage for the sole purpose of being fresher fir the playofffs. However there are arguments to be made on both sides.

Edited by Pirate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, a-rob said:

 

Yes Load Management will be happening league wide now that is a guarantee. Will Curry be a victim? Maybe but I don't think it will be that bad. Guys who are gonna have heavy rest schedules are: Kawhi, PG (just a little less than kawhi but hard to envision him playing in B2Bs with multiple shoulder surgeries), Embiid.

To a certain extent but not that bad: Lebron, Giannis (if Bucks dominate again), Kyrie (Nets are playing for 2021 championship not 2020).

Will only be load managed if they are in good position for top 4 seed: This is where Curry comes in, Harden, Westbrook, Draymond, Anthony Davis.

The fantasy world is definitely going to be more complicated from hereon out, thanks to Kawhi and Raptors.

does this change how you/we should draft in h2h? off course depending on when ur playoffs are. is there enough talent to only target guys that are not going to rest?

I still think curry is 1.1 and he is the easiest player to trade as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Pirate said:

 

I think it’s more stress on the knees/cartilage than wearing out your quad or calf. Additionally there are other very gruelling profession sports on other counties such rugby league and rugby union which would be comparable if not even more taxing on the body. They only play once week but with 24 regular season games and most play 80minutes with no timeouts except for 15minute half time break I personally think the catalyst for this load Management was more to do with having an advantage come playoff time that it was for health concerns. I think 10 or so back to back are fine imo. I have a feeling if the season was shortened then teams will still find a way to load manage for the sole purpose of being fresher fir the playofffs. However there are arguments to be made on both sides.

Okay.  My only point is that it’s hard for a middle aged body to do it once then do it again.  I’m older than any active NBA player and I’m in as good as shape as ever.  Lift weights, run half marathons, etc.  There’s nothing I can’t do that I used to.  The only problem is recovery time.  I used to go to the gym, play basketball for two hours, then lift, and not even be sore the next day.  Now it’s not physically possible to do that and then do something the next day.  Everything hurts from the hands to joints to muscles.  A 35 year old+ shouldn’t be playing back to backs.  If that’s the case why even have them?  I don’t agree with arbitrarily shortening the season but cutting back to backs seems a simple and easy solution.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hipriest69 said:

Curry has the float tank to keep him fresh...

 

 

You could just do that in your own pool 🤦‍♀️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rncnomics said:

I feel like he's the safest fantasy player here.

 

If playing it safe I'd take one of the ironmen, KAT or Harden.  People are taking Curry top-3 for the sky high ceiling.  HTBB is projecting him to avg 5.6 3PM per game on 48% shooting.  That's insane production. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think GSW are good enough to make playoffs with too much rest for curry. Draymond and Russell aren't good enough to even make a top 8 team in the west so I think the worry of rest is minuscule for most of the season. The huge problem, same problem as Embiid, Kawhi, Lebron, AD, is not IF they're going to rest games, it's a question of WHEN. It would make the most sense to play these guys hard the first 3 quarters of the season then lay off once they solidify a decent playoff seed. If so, this means they're most likely to rest specifically during fantasy playoffs, worst time possible... I never do roto and am sticking to h2h for at least one more year, but if this resting stuff gets out of hand, I may just have to stick to roto in the future. We'll see what happens but fantasy playoffs could really be a matter of luck this year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what the takeaway is from last night's game.

I get the Warriors are dealing with injuries, but the talent seems to be lacking for this yr.

He's going to get all the shots he can handle, but i'm not sure where the efficiency & asts will end up at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only takeaway for me was Curry might have to put up 40 a night if Russell is going to play that bad. The attention he gets from defenses will always result in a floor of around 5 APG. He can pick half of those up on dumps to Looney and WCS. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are everyone's thoughts in taking him or Harden at pick 2?

Obviously last year Harden was much better, but this year Harden has Westbrook in town, and Curry has no one.

I can see pretty identical stats with Harden winning in steals and FTA, Curry winning in TO and FG. Harden also has an edge in blocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, blob2004 said:

What are everyone's thoughts in taking him or Harden at pick 2?

Obviously last year Harden was much better, but this year Harden has Westbrook in town, and Curry has no one.

I can see pretty identical stats with Harden winning in steals and FTA, Curry winning in TO and FG. Harden also has an edge in blocks

 

I would almost have to take Harden.  Curry's value when he was #1 was also tied to high FG (50%) and elite steals (2/game).  He's probably not sniffing close to those numbers.  Harden will also dominate FT harder than Curry.  Then there's the blocks.  I would take Harden for sure.  But since I already haz Harden on 2 teams I might diversify and take Curry for once just for fun.  

 

 

Edited by hipriest69
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hipriest69 said:

 

I would almost have to take Harden.  Curry's value when he was #1 was also tied to high FG (50%) and elite steals (2/game).  He's probably not sniffing close to those numbers.  Harden will also dominate FT harder than Curry.  Then there's the blocks.  I would take Harden for sure.  But since I already haz Harden on 2 teams I might diversify and take Curry for once just for fun.  

 

 

Do you guys consider KAT or Joker as 2nd overall pick in H2H?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes sense to consider KAT or Jokic instead of him - Curry has a lot of value coming from 3pts, which are easier to find in the later rounds of the draft .

 

For me it's Curry ahead of them simply because I freaking like the guy, and I enjoy watching him play.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PhiladelphiaPhoenix said:

It makes sense to consider KAT or Jokic instead of him - Curry has a lot of value coming from 3pts, which are easier to find in the later rounds of the draft .

 

For me it's Curry ahead of them simply because I freaking like the guy, and I enjoy watching him play.

Curry on one of his patented heaters is THE most fun player to watch in the league. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fabrar said:

Curry on one of his patented heaters is THE most fun player to watch in the league. 

I agree.  My favorite thing to see is when he Bombs 40 footers for no apparent reason and it’s so accurate that the net doesn’t even move.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 3:55 AM, StifleTower2 said:

I agree.  My favorite thing to see is when he Bombs 40 footers for no apparent reason and it’s so accurate that the net doesn’t even move.  

 

5 hours ago, Quazza said:

#MVPSZN 💙💛

 

Ahhh f--- it pains me to say this but I finally have the chance to get Curry and I'm going to have to take KAT in roto lol fml  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...